Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

win win against ManCity for me

7 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

If Liverpool win this season that is six different teams winning the PL in the last 6 years which goes to show how competitive the league is.

Good for the neutral I guess.

.....still don’t want them to win it though!

Not sure how your working that out. Chelsea have won it twice in the last six years. 

4 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

I don't get this hatred of Liverpool.Theyre a successful big football club who have had lots of success since the sixties as opposed to Man City who are a Frankenstein club, put together over a short period of time without any successful foundations by extremely wealthy men. The purchase of Mahrez says it all, cast aside, a completely wasted talent purchased by very greedy men who just count dollars and who probably have no interest in football. For me they take the pleasure out of what football is all about so naturally I'd love it if we thrash them !! 

I don’t think many people hate Liverpool, TBF probably been the best side in the league this season to watch, but if like me your best mate supports Liverpool and you work with 3 Liverpool fans and the closest they have been to Anfield is Long Eaton Roundabout off the M1 then you will probably want to lose against Man City if it means listening to them all summer talk about how amazing Klopp is.

• Haha 1

If we get a point at Man City then will we  have ‘won the title for liverpool’ like ‘Chelsea did for us’ ??  The maths says it can’t be decided in Liverpool’s favour until the final day so alas the media won’t make the statement as they continue to do three years on ...... ideal scenario for me is liverpool only get a point at Newcastle so we can still beat Man City and they win at Brighton to take the title whilst liverpool whallop wolves to allow us to reach 7th! 

I love the idea of being the team who messes up Man City's season, but I also love the idea of Liverpool getting 97 points, losing 1 game and not winning the title. How harsh would that be.

So I want us to win. That's just standard for any Leicester fan surely? But if Man City beat us then fair play, go on and win the title.

I still think Liverpool will drop points. Wolves will be their downfall. Imagine we beat Man City, Liverpool beat Newcastle. Goes to the final day and Liverpool lose to Wolves with Man City beating Brighton. Giving the title back to Man City. Now that's a scenario I would love lol 

Proper Liverpool fans are some of the best I've ever met- I went to our 4-1 drubbing up there a couple of years back and they were a good laugh and respectful of us in the pub before and after the game.

Absolutely cannot stand the ridiculously numerous Leicester-based 'well my great uncle supported them so I went for them as well' plastics though- I'd rather Man City won it even though I don't particularly like them either.

Us to win at the Etihad and Wolves to turn them over on the last day of the season is the ideal scenario.

• Like 3

Really, really don't understand this hatred of Liverpool - or more specifically, why they're hated any more than any of the other shithouse top clubs? All of the top 6 have a set of absolute twats for fans, but no-one seems to mind when some variation of Man City/Chelsea/Man United/Arsenal are winning the league every other season. What makes Liverpool any different? Would personally prefer to see Man City lose thanks to us after they poached Mahrez and stuck him on the bench all season, if only to see the smirk wiped off Guardiola's smug face.

• Like 1

If you asked me who I wanted to win the league - with no consideration for who the sides were playing - then I'd probably say Man City. Not sure why, to be honest, and I'm a far cry away from actively cheering them on.

That being said, Leicester is the absolute priority before everybody else, obviously. Go out there, fight for a win, and make Man City earn it; if they drop points to us and lose the title because of it, so be it. Liverpool will have been the better side over the full season.

Not to mention, getting 3 points could be the difference between 7th and 10th, which is up to £8m in PL money which could be huge for the transfer kitty, and an outside chance of Europe.

So Newcastle draw with Liverpool putting the 2 teams level on points and then we beat Mancs by 3 meaning that Mancs are only just ahead on GD. Makes the last week so much better. 

Of course we also beat Chelsea and wolves only get 3 points from their last 2 games as we pip them to 7th on GD. Leaving it all down to Mancs against Watford to decide who gets the final Europa spot.

1 minute ago, demon_dog said:

Don't really care as long as we beat Man City.

Then finish off with a nice home win against Chelsea.

Would round the season off nicely after the shite we had under Puel.

Where we beat Man City and Chelsea.

Firstly I want Leicester to win.

Secondly, I don't really understand why stopping Liverpool is so important.  Really, whoever wins the title ahould be none of Man City's business, what has happened to them could have happened to any club, they just won the ownership lottery.  At least Liverpool are a proper club that have won multiple titles and European cups under their own steam and have been challenging all of my life.  The last time Man CIty did it themselves was in the sixties.

Also Liverpool are much easier to watch than the dreary tippy tap of Man City.

...But I don't really care, I just want Leicester to win.

My life has pretty much been Man Utd dominance. They cleaned up with some pretty good power challenges from Arsenal and Chelsea. Growing up, school was littered with Man Utd fans, seconded with Liverpool fans. All I’ve been told, my entire life is how amazing Liverpool are and how special everything to do with Liverpool is and they’re the greatest thing that’s ever happened etc. But they’ve not been anything close to that in my life time. 

Whilst they have that 2005 champions league to boast, it’s been won 3 other times in my lifetime by English sides. One of which won it twice. They have 2 Fa cups. But then the sides who I’ve always been told they’re above or equal to one has 5 and two have 7. 

For their 0 league titles in this time, Those same teams have won it a combined 20 times. Man Utd 13, arsenal 3 And Chelsea 5. Liverpool fans have been largely unbearable despite being out performed by all of their so called comparable sides for my entire life. Because they were great 30 years ago. At what point does that not come into play with today’s team? The longer they win nothing the happier I’ll be. Also hate how desperate the media have been for them to do it in this time aswell.  

Hope we shaft Man City though. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

If you look at our record against them since the start of the 2015/16 season, we have drawn in two league cup games before peno KO`s so they normal time draws, a normal draw in the league, beat them three times in the league and they beat us another three times, scoring 13 and conceding 14 in those 9 clashes.I doubt many clubs have got a better record than us against them in the league in recent times which is played 7, won 3, drawn 1, lost 3.

I want us to really play with some swagger and confidence and despite coming up against bigger names, keep growing as a team and develop under Brendans style of play. Respect is all good but Ive seen far too many teams like Burnley yesterday just camp themselves in there own peno box and wait for the goal before deciding to do a bit of a attacking. Id say play sensible and I like yesterdays tactics and team selection as we look more solid but play to win not frustrate. Not gung ho but lets give them a game and see what happens.

BTW, On a personal level, Id rather Liverpool win the league. Man City buying the likes of Stones, Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and then keeping them for sub appearances and bit part lower key starting berths really annoys me, especially with the amount they spend on these International players. At least Liverpool largely spent mega money and start most of them all the time and th 10-20m players end up on the bench unlike City who have 60m players there!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I hope we win because I'm a Leicester fan. Couldn't care less who wins the title. 

I've repped your post but a small part of me likes the idea of being kingmaker.

Also, Man City are everything that's bad about football.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The year is 2023 final game of the season Leicester have hit 100 points to secure the league and play a Nigel Pearson led Sheffield Wednesday captained by Andy King featuring Jamie Vardy in his last professional game who are in a 4 way relegation battle with Forest, Derby and Spurs only a win will guarantee Wednesday safety and the other teams to be relegated.

ok ok, you win. Perhaps there are circumstance when I would sacrifice the points, but this game against Man City ain't one of them!

Actually thinking back a few years when we played Doncaster at the end of the Championship winning season, a point would have kept them up and sent Birmingham down. I would not have minded at all if Nuge missed the penalty that won the game for us. But you have to be professional. Teams can't roll over. What will be will be.

24 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

ok ok, you win. Perhaps there are circumstance when I would sacrifice the points, but this game against Man City ain't one of them!

Actually thinking back a few years when we played Doncaster at the end of the Championship winning season, a point would have kept them up and sent Birmingham down. I would not have minded at all if Nuge missed the penalty that won the game for us. But you have to be professional. Teams can't roll over. What will be will be.

:D I think a draw would have seen us get 100 points and keep Donny up. Didn’t want us to lose but would have been content with a draw.

Was it Mahrez who went down for a soft penalty?

Agree about the Man City game I really want us to go out there and win for the simple reason I want us to win every game, but more than that doing the double over Man City will show potential signings and Youri that we are a team with the ability to kick on next season.

Edited by Captain...

19 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Anyone wanting anything less than a Leicester win can go suck a bag of dicks quite frankly

Not the first time this has happened. Seen comments on here wanting us to lose under Pearson and Puel.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Liverpool but we're in this game for ourselves and winning at a team with 92 points would be a sensational result. Even a point is a brilliant effort.

This is all a bit small-time, I'm afraid.

• Like 1