Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

14 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

This guy wasn’t responsible for a single decent signing at Celtic and I have that on very good authority from someone who works as part of the football operation at the club.

I’m talking with the benefit of hindsight here as I was very much in the “In Brendan we trust” brigade when he was appointed at Celtic.

He’s been disasterous at his job everywhere he’s been and that’s open knowledge in the public domain so I’m surprised a club as well run and forward thinking as Leicester have brought him in, it must be a case of Rodgers wanting his own way. He (Rodgers) was asked about him at our most recent AGM such was the disdain for Congerton and his only justification was that he was good at his job as he identified that Courinho and Neymar were going to be top players when he seen them in Brazil at 14. My Nan could have worked out Neymar and Coutinho were going to the top at 14 I imagine.

A couple of the clubs he’s been at like Sunderland and Hamburg have turned into absolute basket cases, a large part of the reason probably due to the money he’s squandered with no return on or off the pitch.

Im ecstatic he’s away from my club, as are fans of every club he’s been at which should tell it’s own story. If I was Leicester fan however I’d be extremely concerned.

Super salty about Congerton aren't we, is your club in administration or something? lol I thought the main problems at Celtic were higher up the food chain, but then I don't follow Scottish football closely, so you will know far better than me.

Anyway, Rudkin is in dreamland now this bullet stopper has arrived. At least someone is happy... :thumbup:

58 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Super salty about Congerton aren't we, is your club in administration or something? lol I thought the main problems at Celtic were higher up the food chain, but then I don't follow Scottish football closely, so you will know far better than me.

Anyway, Rudkin is in dreamland now this bullet stopper has arrived. At least someone is happy... :thumbup:

They aren’t salty at all , it seems they are in total estatics he has left , the posts on twitter etc... suggest Celtic Fans are more happy he has left than They were sad that Rodgers left, the Celtic board also did or said nothing to try stop him leaving , We have to trust Rodgers this  is a massive call by him so we have to trust he believes it’s the right call 

19 hours ago, mozartfox said:

BR has not put a foot wrong thus far.  So let's give this man a chance.   Any Head of Recruitment that gets every player decision correct is not human.  As long as he avoids mistakes of the magnitude of Slimani/Musa and knows how to operate a fax machine, I am willing to give him a chance.  At Celtic he was fishing in a different pool with limited financial clout.   Calm down folks and enjoy the summer.

Slimani 

musa 

Nacho

silva 

nearly £100,000,000 of pure crap 

but 

maguire 

maddidon 

ricardo 

about £60,000,000 to recruit and possibly woth around £140,000,000 

Interesting job this recruitment lark 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Slimani 

musa 

Nacho

silva 

nearly £100,000,000 of pure crap 

but 

maguire 

maddidon 

ricardo 

about £60,000,000 to recruit and possibly woth around £140,000,000 

Interesting job this recruitment lark 

Not sure what your point is in relation to my comments.  The job is difficult, which you seem to agree with, and I suggested even more so with limited financial resources which Congerton had available at Celtic.  All I am saying is, let’s see what happens in this window before we take knives out of the knife-block.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramadaone said:

The transfer targets have already been identified so the new man won't have a massive influence in the short term

JR still has to sign the cheques so it's not like Congerton is going to be signing his own players willy nilly

This.

Get the feeling that the bloke is in a no win situation. If we have a successful transfer window it will all be down to the previous regime and players had already been identified or if the players we bring in don't perform it will be down to Congerton. I suppose if we sign a couple of Celtic players that would be down to Rodgers demanding we sign them. I take the point his track record isn't brilliant, but sometimes getting the right player is down to a little bit of luck as well. Some of the players we have signed have had FT drooling, I include Slimani, Nacho man, Silva, Musa, Inler and even Iborra (if you look back when they were linked) only for them to turn out flops here. They could go onto be successful at other clubs. What I am saying is some players just fit into the jigsaw, whilst others struggle. Tielemans fits our system perfectly, however, is deemed rubbish at Monaco and vice verse with Silva.

So like anyone who arrives at my club, I am prepared to see what he can do. We all think Walsh was talented, but he did recommend some dross as well, but that seems to go unnoticed or we are prepared to overlook these shortcomings. Anyway, looking forward to next season in the hope we see progress and breakthrough into the top 6.

• Like 2

Just a bit of a ridiculous risk to take, nothing on his CV should be saying to us that he’s the man to help us recruit players that can make us push into the top 6, obviously Brendan’s said he wants him and we’ve just rolled over which is odd because it puts him in the firing line if it goes wrong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

The transfer targets have already been identified so the new man won't have a massive influence in the short term

JR still has to sign the cheques so it's not like Congerton is going to be signing his own players willy nilly

Don't suppose you have any news on Tieleman ?

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

This.

a few rightly stated this yesterday but just as Benalouane must have been a Claudio signing and ghezzal a puel call, if congerton has a call then it could happen. 

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I can't believe this. What information does the club have over us to make them think this was a good idea? I was looking forward to our summer window, not anymore. What a joke.

What information does the club have over us? Ha ha really?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Head of recruitment isn’t just about identifying targets - there lots of input for that...It’s about relationship building, contracts and sooo much more. LC is probably very good at that stuff... just sayin.

Most of the people that post comments on FT have raved about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers. However it appears that Brendan has arrived at LCFC with the intention of bringing the football club to it's knees!  He's a under cover destroyer of our beloved football club!

He has obviously thought to himself, the first thing I will do is bring in Mr Congerton as Head of Recruitment. He will do a great job of F--k--g up the squad, bringing in a load of crap players!  He will soon get through the millions that the owners have identified as transfer funds, all spent on complete tossers! 

It's fairly obvious that Brendan came here to get LCFC relegated but he fooled us all !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bluebeau said:

Most of the people that post comments on FT have raved about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers. However it appears that Brendan has arrived at LCFC with the intention of bringing the football club to it's knees!  He's a under cover destroyer of our beloved football club!

He has obviously thought to himself, the first thing I will do is bring in Mr Congerton as Head of Recruitment. He will do a great job of F--k--g up the squad, bringing in a load of crap players!  He will soon get through the millions that the owners have identified as transfer funds, all spent on complete tossers! 

It's fairly obvious that Brendan came here to get LCFC relegated but he fooled us all !!!

steady on - I  am right behind Brendan... yet that doesn't mean i don't want the club to build a solid and professional off the field team to support our aspirations.   Maybe LeeCong is a good call and we should be grateful for Brendan for easing him on board for the long term... my concern is if it is cronyism ....or a failure to build a structure independent of the current management.... these are reasonable concerns

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 3

Boy Congertons CV isn't very impressive, that why he didn't stay at any club long term, every club he's worked for couldn't wait to see the back of him. If he was that good why didn't those clubs do their upmost to keep him. Celtic didn't want to sack him because they would have to pay him compensation and where banking on him joining Leicester (heard reports that we paying Celtic compensation). 

If Brendon thought he was the recruitment Messiah, why didn't he get him a job at Liverpool when he was there. Obviously Brendon thoughtit would have have hard to sweet talk the Liverpool board, but nows that he's got 'pally' Rudkin and Co wrapped around his finger. 

I honestly thought we were becoming a top club in terms of hiring top professional people but reading that Sunderland thought Conger Conger was so useless that they put him on gardening leave before deciding what to do with him, makes me shudder to think how Leicester City will end up. 

Edited by Crispin LA

17 minutes ago, bluebeau said:

Your obviously being facetious but I think the point people are making that you have obviously missed is that Brendan May have a blind spot as far as Congerton is concerned.

37 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

steady on - I  am right behind Brendan... yet that doesn't mean i don't want the club to build a solid and professional off the field team to support our aspirations.   Maybe LeeCong is a good call and we should be grateful for Brendan for easing him on board for the long term... my concern is if it is cronyism ....or a failure to build a structure independent of the current management.... these are reasonable concerns

Get what your saying but that wasn’t there under Pearson and Walsh and they presided over what were probably our best recruitment, I’m sure partly because there was trust and a relationship there.

Look at Everton under Walsh where it seemed like there was never that relationship.

Guest SO1

This place is like a perfect copy of Kubler-Ross Five Stages of Grief.

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance. Who would have known, a football blog. :)  Where are we now?