Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We will see, Rogers must rate his work.

Always think its funny how people think signing players is down to one man.

His stints at both Celtic and Sunderland were poor. Sunderland have made a string of shocking signings under him as head of recruitment 

BR has not put a foot wrong thus far.  So let's give this man a chance.   Any Head of Recruitment that gets every player decision correct is not human.  As long as he avoids mistakes of the magnitude of Slimani/Musa and knows how to operate a fax machine, I am willing to give him a chance.  At Celtic he was fishing in a different pool with limited financial clout.   Calm down folks and enjoy the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Not even as Chief Scout at Chelsea for best part of 00s?

Given the times he was there, he'd have signed the likes of Essien, Cole, Deco, Shevchenko, Kalou, Ivanovic, Anelka, Matic, David Luiz...?

I would be more concerned the mess he left Sunderland in... 

Celtic fans are glad to see the back of him, that tells you a lot 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

His stints at both Celtic and Sunderland were poor. Sunderland have made a string of shocking signings under him as head of recruitment 

Sometimes you have to make mistakes to get better.

I've learnt to give people time especially after writing of Vardy in his first season at the club.

Congerton is also credited with bringing Heung-min Son to Hamburg; the South Korean international is now a key player for Tottenham Hotspur ...

I genuinely don’t know who the bloke is, but from looking on here it seem like this is basically the beginning of the end...

but people on here were also shocked and appalled by the performance at Man City last week so I don’t have a ****ing clue what’s going on at the moment to be fair. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sometimes you have to make mistakes to get better.

I've learnt to give people time especially after writing of Vardy in his first season at the club.

Look at the reaction of Celtic fans regarding Rodgers' departure compared to Congerton's departure.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Look at the reaction of Celtic fans regarding Rodgers' departure compared to Congerton's departure.

I judge people on what they do for LCFC, not what they do for others.

It appears BR see LC as a key part of his team, maybe he said to the club, I only come is I can bring my own people?

• Like 1