Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

So you all love Rodgers.

Rodgers and Congerton were a package deal.

You hate congerton.

FT

But we had just the Rodgers part for a while. Is this like when you forget to cancel a free subscription to something and then all the financial bullshit happens weeks later?

50 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I'm always fairly interested in the reaction of any club we sign someone from.

I honestly couldn’t care less you know. I think there’s always a fair bit of over exaggeration that goes on in football anyway. I certainly can’t see this blokes signings being any worse than some of the others we’ve had in the past 3/4 years anyway, I think if we’re being honest there’s been more bad than good, so there’s not much for him to ruin in that regard anyway! 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Nobody had a good word to say about Rudkin, be he seems to be turning into a pretty decent DOF.

There is a chain of people involved in transfers, from the scouts going to matches, the analytics guys and those getting the deal over the line. Sure the man at the top will carry the can but if there are issues in the chain it can make their job impossible. 

As I said, he and Rodgers wanted certain players at Celtic that the board failed to get. Why do people think Rodgers has been at loggerheads with their board for so long about transfers. Rodgers isn’t blaming him for the issues there, so perhaps people should just wait and see what happens here where they’ll both get the backing they’ve not had previously.

Yes obviously I'm aware that the whole recruitment process is not under the remit of 1 bloke. However as "Head of recruitment" who will have the responsibility for arranging that chain of command? 

Of course he needs to be given a chance and not written off immediately but it's perfectly valid to be concerned about Congerton given his track record. 

Edited by martyn

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

"Cold Hard Facts" give me a break. And if we repeat anecdotal knowledge enough times it must be true. Rodgers and all the clubs he managed made mistakes in the transfer market. How's that :)

I don't think there's any manager that hasn't made mistakes including Fergus on,  sometimes a particular player for some reason just doesn't work out at a particular club. But ..  this anecdotal knowledge as you put it is surely testable by examining all his advised purchases to date over three different clubs. IF there then turns out to be a huge discrepancy between good and bad signings as is being alleged, they surely are going to be the factual results. Would you for example when getting a tradesman to complete some work on your house not run some checks on him? If his previous clients were consistently giving him  piss poor ratings would you still employ him?

I’m a little confused, as some Celtic fans were suggesting his recruitment of Edouard https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/odsonne-edouard/profil/spieler/344152 and Ntcham https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olivier-ntcham/profil/spieler/224088 in the 17/18 season were laughable (and reasons to be happy he’s now gone), but Edouard is there top scorer this season, and Ntcham seems to have had a decent season too.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think there's any manager that hasn't made mistakes including Fergus on,  sometimes a particular player for some reason just doesn't work out at a particular club. But ..  this anecdotal knowledge as you put it is surely testable by examining all his advised purchases to date over three different clubs. IF there then turns out to be a huge discrepancy between good and bad signings as is being alleged, they surely are going to be the factual results. Would you for example when getting a tradesman to complete some work on your house not run some checks on him? If his previous clients were consistently giving him  piss poor ratings would you still employ him?

Sorry, your example doesn't fly with me for the sole reason that the club isn't included in your conversation. We'll just have to see what comes of this. Done for now.

I'm not interested in dropping the bomb and turning this into a Rodgers did this or that thread.

Guest SO1
6 minutes ago, EastNeukFox said:

I’m a little confused, as some Celtic fans were suggesting his recruitment of Edouard https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/odsonne-edouard/profil/spieler/344152 and Ntcham https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olivier-ntcham/profil/spieler/224088 in the 17/18 season were laughable (and reasons to be happy he’s now gone), but Edouard is there top scorer this season, and Ntcham seems to have had a decent season too.

Fickle Fans. Go Figure. :beer:

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Honestly would love to see a poll on Lee congerton being head of recruitment.

Good.

Bad.

Wait and see.

Let's see peoples thoughts 

Oooh we haven't had a poll for a while. I miss them.

27 minutes ago, martyn said:

Yes obviously I'm aware that the whole recruitment process is not under the remit of 1 bloke. However as "Head of recruitment" who will have the responsibility for arranging that chain of command? 

Of course he needs to be given a chance and not written off immediately but it's perfectly valid to be concerned about Congerton given his track record. 

We don’t know who will be responsible for what, but I doubt Rudkin will bin off what’s proved a fairly successful way of working just recently.

Mascia had a different role to Walsh, Congertons remit might be different to both of theirs

• Like 1

He can't be any worse than this forum....

forestalk forum posters have proved since the very beginning...As a group and individuals.....We can't pick a player anyway!!!!

so in that context alone Lee Congerton is a vast improvement...I

There must be a great business out there somewhere.... "Welcoming mats".  Created to individual tastes,from within the experts of  Foxestalk..

I am sure we would see instant success allowing us to fly that covetted emblem, by Royal appointment .....:banana:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

It's so Leicester it hurts. Get together the most exciting young team I can remember with probably the most exciting coach. Go and back it up with a head of recruitment slated by pretty much everyone he's worked for.

The mind honestly boggles at times. It's beyond me.

• Like 2

Patience, people.

Judgment should be passed on what he does for us, not for some impoverished north of the Border outfit.

The bells of Leicestershire may not exactly be ringing to welcome him but let's give the guy a chance.

Edited by Hammo