Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

2 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

We have had made some disastrous appointments over the last few years but few if any were greater mistakes than Congerton.

Moyes, Grayson and Coleman probably.

• Like 1

Textbook Leicester.

Get the manager appointment bang on then completely counteract the good work with a dreadful head of recruitment. 

Scouting and recruitment is pretty much the most important aspect of the game at the very top these days and we've just given our top job to the manager's mate with a ****ing awful track record. 

Just when it looked like we were going to kick on...

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Textbook Leicester.

Get the manager appointment bang on then completely counteract the good work with a dreadful head of recruitment. 

Scouting and recruitment is pretty much the most important aspect of the game at the very top these days and we've just given our top job to the manager's mate with a ****ing awful track record. 

Just when it looked like we were going to kick on...

Assume Macia and co set up a lot of the potential transfers and identifying players prior to leaving. Very unlikely we've let him leave without having a plan in place for summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Textbook Leicester.

Just when it looked like we were going to kick on..

So if Rogers said I'm only coming if I can bring in LC, what would you have done, said no thanks.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Assume Macia and co set up a lot of the potential transfers and identifying players prior to leaving. Very unlikely we've let him leave without having a plan in place for summer.

Not exactly long-term thinking though, is it? Signing our old head of recruitment's targets because the new one is a bit shite? lol

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So if Rogers said I'm only coming if I can bring in LC, what would you have done, said no thanks.

I'm sure if that's the case he would have come across at the same time as the coaching staff.

To answer your question though, I would have certainly thought twice about it.

Edited by Ted Maul

Nervous about this one like many are, especially as in general we’ve signed some very good players recently in Maddison and Ricardo. 

But perhaps one thing that works in our favour is that now we are an established club we can be thinking about players like Tielemans instead of players like Musa. In which case it shouldn’t be as hard to mess things up. Even though Silva, Slimani and Nacho didn’t work out, on paper they looked like decent signings based on their credentials. Every team has hits and misses with transfers. 

No head of recruitment will have a 100% record with signing players, and I'm willing to give him a chance. I'm trusting Brendan Rodgers judgement on his appointment to Leicester. 

We've previously spaffed £50+million on Slim and Nacho, so probably can't do much worse than that??

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

I'm sure if that's the case he would have come across at the same time as the coaching staff.

Maybe it was cheaper to wait until now?

It's not like he was going to sign anyone when the window not open.

He have know his coming to us and already started planning.

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Ffs. Did no one at the club have the balls to say no to Rodgers? We've been doing some excellent recruitment over the past year and now it's going down the pan thanks to appointing this wally. 

How do you know it’s going down the pan? We still have the same scouts and analytics guys doing the work on the ground filtering the information up the chain. 

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Not exactly long-term thinking though, is it? Signing our old head of recruitment's targets because the new one is a bit shite? lol

With Macia wanting out, no point in bit planning for future summer whilst search for a replacement went on