Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

34 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

You’re forgetting the small matter of N’Golo Kante. 

He wasn’t a central defender lol 

saying that he probably could of done that job as well 

Edited by Lesterlad

42 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

He wasn’t a central defender lol 

saying that he probably could of done that job as well 

Wasn’t he a central defender, oh gosh. :o

He made their job a lot easier. They were great together that season, but make no mistake Kante was a real blessing for them. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Wasn’t he a central defender, oh gosh. :o

He made their job a lot easier. They were great together that season, but make no mistake Kante was a real blessing for them. 

Truth. Kante is the best friend any central defender (especially velocity challenged ones) ever had.

• Thanks 1

Just saw this about Benko in an article about 7 Premier League Loan Stars that could step up on their return to their parent Clubs.

Benkovic began his career with Dinamo Zagreb before being snapped up by LeicesterCity last summer. He won the Croatian First League two out of the three seasons he played there and was an integral part of the Zagreb back four. His height and commanding presence make him a threat from set pieces and would be a handy addition to any squad. He has represented Croatia at youth level and recently made his senior international debut in a 2-1 defeat to Tunisia. After a decent loan spell at Celtic where he won the treble, it will be interesting to see if Leicester will keep the Croatian in the team for the coming season.

Confident  BR will give him a fair crack.

On 07/07/2019 at 07:58, mozartfox said:

Just saw this about Benko in an article about 7 Premier League Loan Stars that could step up on their return to their parent Clubs.

Benkovic began his career with Dinamo Zagreb before being snapped up by LeicesterCity last summer. He won the Croatian First League two out of the three seasons he played there and was an integral part of the Zagreb back four. His height and commanding presence make him a threat from set pieces and would be a handy addition to any squad. He has represented Croatia at youth level and recently made his senior international debut in a 2-1 defeat to Tunisia. After a decent loan spell at Celtic where he won the treble, it will be interesting to see if Leicester will keep the Croatian in the team for the coming season.

Confident  BR will give him a fair crack.

We are very lucky that we sent Benkovic to Celtic, BR will already know if he is ready for us. If not then he will be back off on loan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

We are very lucky that we sent Benkovic to Celtic, BR will already know if he is ready for us. If not then he will be back off on loan

If Benko,is and stays fit I doubt he would be interested in,on going out on loan...

Who says...Evans & Maguire will be first choices...Though if Maguire stays he will be expecting certain guarrantees!!

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Not as much as turning down 80m for Maguire 

Not sure what this means in relation to signing this dud from Burnley?  But I 200% do agree with your comment though.

26 minutes ago, Woodsey1727 said:

If maguire was to leave, out of all the options so far that we have been linked with this is the transfer I'd want to get done, can't see maguire leaving anyway with what we've already done in this transfer window 

Unfortunately- they are still Man Utd, the darlings of the media. Their pull may not be quite as big as it was, but they are still a huge draw.

However. Their time spent gleefully mocking Liverpool is about to deliver them bitter revenge and their own years in the wilderness.

Some sensationalist twat (like me) may even say that without Fergie they really were pretty damn average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unfortunately- they are still Man Utd, the darlings of the media. Their pull may not be quite as big as it was, but they are still a huge draw.

However. Their time spent gleefully mocking Liverpool is about to deliver them bitter revenge and their own years in the wilderness.

Some sensationalist twat (like me) may even say that without Fergie they really were pretty damn average.

Think Fergie had the luck of a superb crop of youngsters hitting the first team together, Without Mark Robins goal he had gone. 

• Like 1

If this chappie is supposedly being lined up as replacement for HM (God forbid) why is it Manure are not signing him (or Dunk) at a 36m saving?  Possible reason, he ain’t that good.

We have better already at the Club.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If this chappie is supposedly being lined up as replacement for HM (God forbid) why is it Manure are not signing him (or Dunk) at a 36m saving?  Possible reason, he ain’t that good.

We have better already at the Club.

It’s a bit like saying why didn’t Man U just sign Maguire from hull and save themselves 70m... he’s good enough to have been capped by England and has been an ever present in a defensively sound Burnley, it seems like quite a few are turning their nose up due to the price and him being at Burnley... thankfully the folk in charge of decision making at the top of our club aren’t so easily swayed as we probably wouldn’t have shelled out 16m for a cb from a relegated hull ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If we sell Maguire for 80m and get Tarkowksi for 40m, we'd be getting a player for half the price and one who isn't far off Maguire in terms of ability.

Would rather keep HM but it wouldn't be the worst bit of business in the world.

We need to get away from "He's not worth 40m" because Maguire isn't worth 80m in all honesty. It's just market forces.

We pull the pants down of some clubs when selling and others will do the same to us.

Pants being pulled down left, right and center - its like a swingers club in here...

23 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s a bit like saying why didn’t Man U just sign Maguire from hull and save themselves 70m... he’s good enough to have been capped by England and has been an ever present in a defensively sound Burnley, it seems like quite a few are turning their nose up due to the price and him being at Burnley... thankfully the folk in charge of decision making at the top of our club aren’t so easily swayed as we probably wouldn’t have shelled out 16m for a cb from a relegated hull ??‍♂️

Unfortunately, hindsight does not make an exception to buying Footballers.

IMO we do not need as we have better at the Club - that is the real point I am making.    As you point out we have people at the Club making decisions and BR has gone on record as saying Benko is ready.  This is probably just Red Top crap anyway.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Unfortunately, hindsight does not make an exception to buying Footballers.

IMO we do not need as we have better at the Club - that is the real point I am making.    As you point out we have people at the Club making decisions and BR has gone on record as saying Benko is ready.  This is probably just Red Top crap anyway.

I personally think it’s the likelihood of injury to our cb’s if we sell Maguire that will see us invest in some1 like Tarkowski, ability wise I’d be happy with what we’ve got but Morgan is getting on and Evans/Benkovic both seem fairly susceptible to injury it would be quite a gamble for a club chasing Europe not to replace him... that being said I’m no club doctor lol 

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:20, dbtcity said:

I personally think it’s the likelihood of injury to our cb’s if we sell Maguire that will see us invest in some1 like Tarkowski, ability wise I’d be happy with what we’ve got but Morgan is getting on and Evans/Benkovic both seem fairly susceptible to injury it would be quite a gamble for a club chasing Europe not to replace him... that being said I’m no club doctor lol 

What will help Benko is that he will not have to play crap plastic pitches.  One of his injuries occurred during a pre-match warm-up at Kilmarnock whose pitch would struggle to meet Sunday League Standards.  Jamie Murphy of Rangers was very badly injured playing on this crap.    So with better surfaces in the EPL and our excellent Medical Staff, Benko will most probably stay fit. 

• Like 2