Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Playoff's

Two brilliant playoff Semi finals. My housemate is a Leeds fan and he's absolutely gutted at last night's result. Reminded me of our playoff heartache from years gone by. Kermogants chip at Cardiff, Watford after Knockaert missed the pen to take us to Wembley. We've achieved the unthinkable since then but there's still nothing like the excitement and emotion of the playoffs.

Who would you prefer to come up Derby or Villa?

• Like 2

Really hope it's Derby.

Villa have a Midlands superiority complex which requires a couple of decaces in the lower divisions to correct. The Rams are a team that we can have a rivalry with.

Plus the days when we stood in the kop and all that could be heard was "Baaaa" "Baaaaa" are great memories which need to be re-ignited.

p.s. (Why the 's?)

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Really hope it's Derby.

Villa have a Midlands superiority complex which requires a couple of decaces in the lower divisions to correct. The Rams are a team that we can have a rivalry with.

Plus the days when we stood in the kop and all that could be heard was "Baaaa" "Baaaaa" are great memories which need to be re-ignited.

Can't do that any more, the local sheep have played the racist card.

• Haha 1

Derby for me.

We don't need another club challenging our top 10 positions. Wolves gate crashing it is bad enough, we don't need Villa as well.

Derby would just be relegation fodder and we will take our annual 6 points off then as usual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Villa. If you're a Leicester fan and want Derby to win anything then you're weird.

Its funny seeing them fail year on year but if they don't come up then we'd never get any local derbies? 

And lets be honest, they're secondary rivals to Forest & Cov (although it may be a long time until we play them again, unless we get a Cup tie). If anyone of our three real rivalries come up it'd have to be Derby.

• Like 1

Villa. Richard Keogh own goal preferably.

Villa have been much the stronger side in recent weeks but I have an awful feeling that Derby are going to win it. Granted it was a nervy play off game, but Villa looked bang out of ideas for large parts against West Brom and Derby have a siege mentality after last night.  

Also, I know this is said with practically every promoted side, but both sides surely need massive change in terms of personnel going forward. Derby have got the definition of a Championship side with Nugent, Waghorn, Huddlestone, Davies, Keogh, Johnson etc and a few loan players who will be presumably return to their parent clubs. Villa have got two very good players in the middle and then a myriad of averageness and again one of their better players being a loanee. Given Chelsea's embargo you'd expect Abraham, Mount and Tomori to be used next season. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Derby for me.

We don't need another club challenging our top 10 positions. Wolves gate crashing it is bad enough, we don't need Villa as well.

Derby would just be relegation fodder and we will take our annual 6 points off then as usual.

If you'd watched Villa you wouldn't be worried about them just yet. They've got a lot of rebuilding to do.

Last time Derby came up via the playoffs they set a record for the lowest ever Premier League points in a season :clap:Lets hope they do they again ? 

Seriously though Villa are the bigger "threat" regarding attracting players, fanbase  etc. We dont really want a resurgent Villa anymore than a resurgent Leeds.

I think Derby actually "need" to come up because they are in more financial trouble than Villa. If they stay in championship they could be the next Bolton or Coventry. Which on the face if it we'd p*iss ourselves at, but in reality we need all need "rivals".  Spurs/Arsenal Utd/Liverpool, Celtic/Rangers etc. 

The plus therefore is at least one other midlands club will join ourselves and Wolves. 

I'd prefer Derby as the East Midlands club and so we can put four or five past them like we normally do in recent history. :thumbup: (And we can both laugh at Forest) . 

If it were Villa there'd by a west midlands masturbation love in, on the local news between them and Wolves. 

I'd also like to see Grealish and Terry fail again more than seeing  Lampard miss out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Its funny seeing them fail year on year but if they don't come up then we'd never get any local derbies? 

And lets be honest, they're secondary rivals to Forest & Cov (although it may be a long time until we play them again, unless we get a Cup tie). If anyone of our three real rivalries come up it'd have to be Derby.

For full disclosure, I currently live in Derby so I guess I'm biased. Always have seen them equally as our biggest rivals with Forest though.

I'm perfectly happy seeing them stay in the doldrums with Forest for the reasons @Finnegan mentioned - just give me the odd Cup game against both. Besides, watching Villa come up and try and claim in wild disillusionment that they're still the biggest club in the Midlands in spite of us and Wolves being streets ahead will be quite funny.

Have to say, aside from the "who do you want" how bloody brilliant is playoff football (particularly the second legs)

The utter drama, tension, incidents, goals, game and ultimately season changing moments. I find myself ambling through the season now when (non-LCFC) TV games don't mean anything, to get to this time of year, when it means everything. Look at us in 2010 and 2013, look at the last couple of nights. It is mayhem and I absolutely love it.

In terms of going to away games it'd be Derby, but I don't think I could take them having a good season and potentially finishing above us, so it has to be Villa. Think Derby will do it, mind.

• Like 1

Villa’s fans are so weird. They’re obviously the biggest club in the Midlands but their delusion knows no bounds. I’d rather them than Derby but Brummies are odd  and being Villa makes it worse. Prefer Birmingham City.