Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Season 2019 Fixtures

So, that leaves the discussion open as to where the Nice friendly will be played. Has to be in England, the club/the team won't be traveling to France on the same day of the friendly against Atalanta.

So, any nearby grounds big enough for the occasion?

Derby

Nottingham

Birmingham

Or maybe Burton suffices? Or Coventry even? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

They don't have a huge fanbase. Bergamo is not very big and they send shirts to all newborns in the city to try and get their allegiance early. I wouldn't expect too many to come over. 

They have a highly respected ultras scene there. Big friendship link with Eintracht Frankfurt. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Come on.Wish Cambridge would announce ticket details.

Not a big one for most of you,but in my backyard with a fair few mates in the home end .

just like the play off days!!!!

Same here, just 12 or so miles down the road and regularly in Cambridge. Been checking 5 or 6 times a day, really think we should get some pre-sale privilege! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Same here, just 12 or so miles down the road and regularly in Cambridge. Been checking 5 or 6 times a day, really think we should get some pre-sale privilege! 

I’m doing the same.

Drove past the ground today and was going to pop in the shed and demand “what is going on?”

Least 4 going then!

• Haha 1

Very pleased we're playing Atalanta! Really exciting team to watch with some excellent youth prospects, and incredibly attacking style of play. One of their games earlier this season they had 46 shots, 17 on target I think?! Only a sensational performance by opposition keeper Dragowski(?) kept it 0-0.

Should be a really good test - the kind of opposition we should aiming to be on par with if not pushing beyond to realise our top six dream.

Hopefully we'll see Duvan Zapata in the flesh...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Very pleased we're playing Atalanta! Really exciting team to watch with some excellent youth prospects, and incredibly attacking style of play. One of their games earlier this season they had 46 shots, 17 on targetOnly a sensational performance by opposition keeper Dragowski(?) kept it 0-0.

Should be a really good test - the kind of opposition we should aiming to be on par with if not pushing beyond to realise our top six dream.

Hopefully we'll see Duvan Zapata in the flesh...

Funny story we actually had a deal agreed in principle for that keeper. We delayed and he went to Fiorentina. Was on loan at Empoli last season and nearly kept them up 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Funny story we actually had a deal agreed in principle for that keeper. We delayed and he went to Fiorentina. Was on loan at Empoli last season and nearly kept them up 

But we got Zeiler instead? :(

On 13/06/2019 at 21:50, cambridgefox said:

Come on.Wish Cambridge would announce ticket details.

Not a big one for most of you,but in my backyard with a fair few mates in the home end .

just like the play off days!!!!

I work for a summer school in Cambridge and I'm trying to convince them to let me take the students to the game ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

I work for a summer school in Cambridge and I'm trying to convince them to let me take the students to the game ?

Excellent,I took my kids out of school for one week before half term years back and emailed the school saying “ An educational trip to South Africa “

Let me go without a fine.

jusy say you are going to an Abbey.As it was the “Abbey Stadium “

• Haha 1

On 14/06/2019 at 12:03, MC Prussian said:

So, that leaves the discussion open as to where the Nice friendly will be played. Has to be in England, the club/the team won't be traveling to France on the same day of the friendly against Atalanta.

Derby

Nottingham

Birmingham

Deffo got to go Cov, take the piss. 

Maybe we should move our u23 games there as well lol

On 14/06/2019 at 12:03, MC Prussian said:

Derby

Nottingham

Birmingham

Fixtures for the EFL are announced on Thursday, I imagine that is what will dictate where we will play as the Nice fixture is on the same Saturday the EFL kicks off