Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-Season 2019 Fixtures

On 21/05/2019 at 20:21, Wymeswold fox said:

Nothing to fear at Stoke..:unsure:

Sorry - I may be in a stuck-up prawn sandwich minority, but I want absolutely nothing to do with this type of behaviour. 

Wouldn't want to be there, wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Was similarly repulsed to see the footage of our "fans" ripping up the bar, stealing beers, chanting obscenities and generally behaving like moronic thugs on the eurostar trips to Europe a couple of season's back.

It's not why I follow football. It's why I and many others don't take our families to the games anymore.

**** all of the shameful idiots involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

Sorry - I may be in a stuck-up prawn sandwich minority, but I want absolutely nothing to do with this type of behaviour. 

Was similarly repulsed to see the footage of our "fans" ripping up the bar, stealing beers, chanting obscenities and generally behaving like moronic thugs on the eurostar trips to Europe a couple of season's back.

It's not why I follow football. It's why I and many others don't take our families to the games anymore.

To be fair this is a tiny minority not even worthy of a percentage, and was also about 10 years ago. Football, especially the premier league, is an unbelievably safe, clean and sanitised place more than fit for family entertainment, which is a good thing.

• Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:26, TJB-fox said:

Be nice to have a couple of south west friendlies. Can’t remember the last time we had one down here. Think it was Cheltenham but was played behind closed doors

I think they definitely do read this Forum :thumbup:

20th July Cheltenham

Edited by goose2010
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

Oh come off it this is a tiny tiny tiny minority, you rarely ever see trouble at football these days.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I think they definitely do read this Forum :thumbup:

20th July Cheltenham

Remember going there in League 1 absolutely brilliant day out. Unfortunately I am on holiday when we play them, but would recommend going  if Friendlies are your thing. When in Lge 1 I went by train and we were met at the station by the police who welcomed us to Cheltenham and actually handed out maps of the town showing us where the pubs were., but different to the police in South Yorkshire.

• Like 2

Cheltenham is a great day out love going for the festival. Not been for the football since we beat then 4-0 I think it was. Pleased they have made it a Saturday as well. 

Now to ring my leicester supporting mate and see if she can spare some beds for the weekend.:vardy:

• Like 1

On 27/05/2019 at 20:12, grobyfox1990 said:

To be fair this is a tiny minority not even worthy of a percentage, and was also about 10 years ago. Football, especially the premier league, is an unbelievably safe, clean and sanitised place more than fit for family entertainment, which is a good thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48433067...

yeah right.....

1 hour ago, Ecdysiast said:

Haha ok... Here's a match report from a match where no trouble occurred -  https://www.skysports.com/football/leicester-vs-chelsea/391131

Does that make me right? Or should i find another match where no trouble happened? Because i reckon i can

On 27/05/2019 at 15:12, LinekersApples said:

I’ve been Southampton but I’ve never been to Scunthorpe 

4327EC3E-A12C-4A71-A21F-79EF404D9353.jpeg

I've been to Scunthorpe but never to Southampton. lol

Yes, I remember them days when "Scunthorpe" was censored on here because it contained another, nasty word.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

Was gunna pull up some stats about arrest rates at the football this season but I can't be arsed. How people can get through life being so uninformed is beyond me.

Did you stop driving your car the first time you saw an accident, seeing as you're so risk averse? 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

If you're looking for trouble then you'll find it. 99% of fans go to watch the game and enjoy themselves. Don't twist a few reports into "football is still full of hooligans". 

If it was so bad you wouldn't see the thousands of young kids and families at games. Bore off with your one off reports and actually experience life.

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If you're looking for trouble then you'll find it. 99% of fans go to watch the game and enjoy themselves. Don't twist a few reports into "football is still full of hooligans". 

If it was so bad you wouldn't see the thousands of young kids and families at games. Bore off with your one off reports and actually experience life.

The arrest rate in 2017/18 was 3.5 per 10000. So 99.9965% of fans go to watch the game and enjoy themselves if my maths is correct. 

• Like 1