Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

11 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

We have plenty of cover at centre half with Evans and Morgan with experience, but give the Turk and benky a chance along side Evans, we have already spent a fortune on these two, why not run with them, 4 centre half’s is enough 

Is ‘The Turk’ code for I can’t be arsed to attempt spelling Söyüncü?

:P

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, brucey said:

Man management to encourage a kid plagued with injury?

Yeah. Who knows?  Anyhow, BR knows what he is doing and our Board have learnt how to play the Transfer Market after the 2016 summer car crash.   This Dunk thing does not fit their recent strategy.

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

We have plenty of cover at centre half with Evans and Morgan with experience, but give the Turk and benky a chance along side Evans, we have already spent a fortune on these two, why not run with them, 4 centre half’s is enough 

For the same reason we don’t play Iheanacho and Silva rather than buying new players I’d imagine.

I really hope this deal doesn't go through if Maguire leaves.

Whilst I'm sure it wouldn't be a disaster signing, it's not exactly inspiring either. I really do think that we could better spend the £45m elsewhere and to think that Dunk could become our record signing by quite a way, meh.

It is a risk but I'd much rather see Soyuncu and Benkovic given a chance. I honestly don't get the dislike for Soyuncu - I thought that he's done alright when he's had to come in, made one or two errors but they were similar errors that we see Maguire making on a regular basis. Evans was also a bit shaky at times towards the beginning of the season and he is a premier league veteran; I think with more game time we could have a very decent CB in Soyuncu. I'd much rather we just go for it by bolstering our attacking options, we're only really one major injury away from having a very average frontline and if we want to spend big on one player then it always makes sense to me to spend big in this way. I guess only time well tell.

• Like 2

I've said it before but I really don't get why you wouldn't just partner Benkovic with Dunk, I watch loads of the EPL and also watch Celtic every week and he's already every bit as good as Dunk and will only get better.  What's the point in signing these guys last summer in Benkovic and Soyuncu to just send them out on loan or play them in the Carabao cup.

He's also not plagued with injury, he played almost 30 games for us last season.  He did struggle with injury at a couple of points in the season but he's far from injury prone I'd suggest and that's something that he may well grow out of as he's still young, he'd also be expected to play a helluva a lot less games at Leicester over the course of a season which will help no end in this regard.

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I've said it before but I really don't get why you wouldn't just partner Benkovic with Dunk, I watch loads of the EPL and also watch Celtic every week and he's already every bit as good as Dunk and will only get better.  What's the point in signing these guys last summer in Benkovic and Soyuncu to just send them out on loan or play them in the Carabao cup.

He's also not plagued with injury, he played almost 30 games for us last season.  He did struggle with injury at a couple of points in the season but he's far from injury prone I'd suggest and that's something that he may well grow out of as he's still young, he'd also be expected to play a helluva a lot less games at Leicester over the course of a season which will help no end in this regard.

From some of the stuff I read online it seems like Benko never really got a chance to recover properly and came back to early and played  against Rangers? Looks like it is the same iniury that has flared up this summer with the u21s

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

From some of the stuff I read online it seems like Benko never really got a chance to recover properly and came back to early and played  against Rangers? Looks like it is the same iniury that has flared up this summer with the u21s

That's about it yeah, broke down in the first half against Rangers at Ibrox, looked obvious he wasn't fit to play in the first place.  Think he arrived with an injury too as he missed the first few games so I think with an injury free pre-season behind him and not having to play two games a week every single week of the season he'd be fine.

Was having a look through transfermrket there at centre back's (obviously not taking the valuations as gospel) and £45m or even less could get you some of Europe's most promising centre back's, someone who could quickly be worth double or indeed treble the initial fee.  The one that jumps out immediately is Jonathan Tah.  Dunk strikes me as a bit of a lazy signing tbh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

That's about it yeah, broke down in the first half against Rangers at Ibrox, looked obvious he wasn't fit to play in the first place.  Think he arrived with an injury too as he missed the first few games so I think with an injury free pre-season behind him and not having to play two games a week every single week of the season he'd be fine.

Was having a look through transfermrket there at centre back's (obviously not taking the valuations as gospel) and £45m or even less could get you some of Europe's most promising centre back's, someone who could quickly be worth double or indeed treble the initial fee.  The one that jumps out immediately is Jonathan Tah.  Dunk strikes me as a bit of a lazy signing tbh.

I believe he is due back to training this week with the rest of the u21s so that’s 4 weeks until the first game v Wolves, and as he has been regularly playing for the u21s he won’t really need match fitness training, hopefully just conditioning and sorting out his injury

Definitely a lazy rumour I feel, the majority of journo’s with knowledge of Brighton are all saying there hasn’t even been a bid, just that it is likely he would be one of many targets if Maguire leaves

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yeah. Who knows?  Anyhow, BR knows what he is doing and our Board have learnt how to play the Transfer Market after the 2016 summer car crash.   This Dunk thing does not fit their recent strategy.

Hope so, recruitment has always been Brendon's weak area

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

£50m, absolutely no chance!  That would be a completely bonkers move, I get all the he's worth what someone is willing to pay but lets be honest in reality it's debatable he's worth even half that sort of fee!

All the lower teams will be pricing their players out of moves unless they do a mahrez. It's the big teams' own fault for driving the prices of players up and it seems we're almost at a point where big teams, although they can obviously afford it, won't be able to sign decent players because lower teams,  can't afford to let their players go because of the knock on effect of they themselves recruiting. 0million quid for a player who is probably no better than our current backups is ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I think Benkovic will end up our best defender. Problem is paying 45m for a CB they should be starting every game and I’d rather see “Evans - Benkovic” next season than “Evans - Dunk”

Going for a Evans and Söyüncü wonder duo :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

£50m, absolutely no chance!  That would be a completely bonkers move, I get all the he's worth what someone is willing to pay but lets be honest in reality it's debatable he's worth even half that sort of fee!

He isn’t. £15 million player all day long. £50 million is a joke but if that’s what they want to ask for him then fair play. Way better CB’s around anyway and for that money some top quality Europeans should be on our radar. However I just don’t think, even with Maguire gone, a CB is essential. I think we’ll splash the Maguire money, IF it happens, on a quality young winger. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

He isn’t. £15 million player all day long. £50 million is a joke but if that’s what they want to ask for him then fair play. Way better CB’s around anyway and for that money some top quality Europeans should be on our radar. However I just don’t think, even with Maguire gone, a CB is essential. I think we’ll splash the Maguire money, IF it happens, on a quality young winger. 

Spot on.