Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Why did we sign Benkovic AND Soyuncu? Bizarre if we do this.

Cannot see this happening tbh. Söyüncü seems a good replacement for Harry too me. Benkovic needs to prove himself with (many) cameo's, and then replace Evans next season. Cannot believe those two were brought in for sh*t and giggles only. :nono:

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

This really. I cannot fathom why we (or anyone else) would spend £50m on a pretty average defender when we have Benkovic and Soyuncu already here. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He isn’t. £15 million player all day long. £50 million is a joke but if that’s what they want to ask for him then fair play. Way better CB’s around anyway and for that money some top quality Europeans should be on our radar. However I just don’t think, even with Maguire gone, a CB is essential. I think we’ll splash the Maguire money, IF it happens, on a quality young winger. 

To be fair Maguire isn’t an 80mill player either. It’s todays market and the fact PL clubs don’t need to sell anymore

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

To be fair Maguire isn’t an 80mill player either. It’s todays market and the fact PL clubs don’t need to sell anymore

Oh I agree totally. Teams can ask what they like, it’s up to them to price their players how they see fit. However, it doesn’t mean we have to buy at that price. We CAN look elsewhere. 

Edited by ARM1968

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cannot see this happening tbh. Söyüncü seems a good replacement for Harry too me. Benkovic needs to prove himself with (many) cameo's, and then replace Evans next season. Cannot believe those two were brought in for sh*t and giggles only. :nono:

Soyuncu looks like a great prospect to me.  Only seen a bit of Benko but looked average ...   but who would know better than BR how good he is ...   

• Like 1

When you look at the transfer news for our other centre backs a move for Dunk makes no sense even if Maguire leaves

Morgan - new 1 year contract

Evans - best centre back last season and no rumours at all

Benkovic - Rodgers is a big fan, isn’t going back out on loan to Celtic, likely to be the player who partners Evans

Soyuncu - There were rumours he could go out on loan HOWEVER we have apparently been turning down all moves for him, most recently Besiktas, so Rodgers definitely wants him to be part of the squad

We would have 4 centre backs if Maguire leaves with no indication that any of them will be leaving and no need to bring anyone else in, and if Maguire stays it seems like Soyuncu will be the one to go out on loan this season

Edited by moore_94

One thing I think a lot of us haven’t paid much attention too is the fact that if we lose Harry, we are losing someone who is seen as a leader in the changing room. Maybe the club aren’t just looking at someone who has the playing capabilities to replace Harry but also someone who has the leadership qualities too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

One thing I think a lot of us haven’t paid much attention too is the fact that if we lose Harry, we are losing someone who is seen as a leader in the changing room. Maybe the club aren’t just looking at someone who has the playing capabilities to replace Harry but also someone who has the leadership qualities too.

We should have enough leaders in there with Morgan, Kasper, Evans, Vardy and Albrighton.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This is why extensions were offered to Morgan and Fuchs, who along with Vardy, Kasper and Evans (albeit a later addition) represent the experienced squad members and leaders (Morgan and Kasper being club captain and vice captain respectively)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

We should have enough leaders in there with Morgan, Kasper, Evans, Vardy and Albrighton.

Regardless, you can never have enough leaders. I don’t doubt for a second that our club look at personality more than anything once a player is identified. The players playing ability maybe worth £30m but a players leadership qualities & the character that he is may add an extra £5-£10m on top of that fee. These are things that are genuinely looked at & weighed up when a value of a player is made.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For the future, they'll get their chance at some point but as I said in the Maguire thread yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not this season.

Those two need to develop slowly, you can't just chuck them into the first team fold, if things don't go to plan then you'll have fans saying "We should have signed another centre back".

• Like 1

Just now, urban fox said:

This is why extensions were offered to Morgan and Fuchs, who along with Vardy, Kasper and Evans (albeit a later addition) represent the experienced squad members and leaders (Morgan and Kasper being club captain and vice captain respectively)

Morgan & Fuchs are both likely to be in there last season. Then Evans & Albrighton May only have another 2 years. I’m not saying it’s for definite but the club may be forward thinking.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Forgot about Fuchs.

BR and his team will have extensively scouted this lad. Yes a lot of money  but I think he will fit in just fine. Give Top some credit and respect, he has shown faith in Rogers scouting team so far and backed him. Look at what that faith has done. So let's stop the negativity. If HM hadn't chucked his dolly out of the pram with over 3 yrs on his contract, we wouldn't be needing anyone to replace him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ktfox59 said:

BR and his team will have extensively scouted this lad. Yes a lot of money  but I think he will fit in just fine. Give Top some credit and respect, he has shown faith in Rogers scouting team so far and backed him. Look at what that faith has done. So let's stop the negativity. If HM hadn't chucked his dolly out of the pram with over 3 yrs on his contract, we wouldn't be needing anyone to replace him. 

We do not know this. It is only click bait media reports that are suggesting that he wants away, is furious etc etc. As far we know for certain, HM has not handed in an official request and, from the picture released, seems to be enjoying himself with the squad at training camp

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

For the future, they'll get their chance at some point but as I said in the Maguire thread yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not this season.

Those two need to develop slowly, you can't just chuck them into the first team fold, if things don't go to plan then you'll have fans saying "We should have signed another centre back".

The likelihood is within the next two seasons we will lose Evans, Morgan & Maguire. Which means we will need 3 replacements. For example Dunk, Benko & Soyuncu. I agree on that matter that it seems strange that they won’t be given a chance now, but I don’t believe for one second that it means they aren’t seen good enough, like I stated in my last post we are very clever when it comes to forward thinking. If it means we loan Benko & Soyuncu our for the season for them gain even more experience then I’m all for it. 

I’ve came to the conclusion in my mind that if the board do sign a replacement, that the club has a long term strategy in mind therefore I’ll be happy with or without a replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

We do not know this. It is only click bait media reports that are suggesting that he wants away, is furious etc etc. As far we know for certain, HM has not handed in an official request and, from the picture released, seems to be enjoying himself with the squad at training camp

Tbf. It has been an assumption on my part looking at all the media reports I'm reading. If not I stand corrected.

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Exactly, I personally feel really relaxed about the whole situation. People need to remember even if we loaned Soyuncu & Benko out for 2 seasons, they could still return & potentially be our centre back paring for the next decade to come. Let’s stop rushing & trust BR, Rudders & Top regardless of what choice they make. They’ve done us well so far so let’s all relax.

• Like 2