Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Head of Scouting leaves

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m very uneasy at the dismantling of a group that seem to have done well over the last couple of seasons

I echo your sentiments. Macia did well I thought to adjust for the disastrous 16/17 window with some very reasonable and well thought out signings. Even the ones that didn't make the grade such as Nacho, Silva and Iborra were on paper pretty decent.

• Like 2

It's probably not great that they've left. 

But think we are such an attractive option for someone now. When we were looking at candidates for similar roles before we'd wouldn't have attracted anywhere near the same calibre. 

All in facets of the club we've done a remarkable role in helping sports science/scouting staff develop their careers, it's time to stop being the developers and having finished articles in at our club. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

43 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Iborra was fine compared to the other two. 

Did a good enough job and we sold for pretty much the amount we bought him for. 

Yep that's my point, even the dodgier signings have been OK. Even Silva might turn out to be useful if we bag Tielemans. Nacho hasn't worked out but on paper signing a very promising striker who had proven experience and goals at Premier League level looked like a great move.

There isn't a single club in the world that has a 100% hit rate success with transfers - even Man City under Pep and Liverpool under Klopp have had some duds. But in 16/17 some of our signings like Musa, Kapustka and Hernandez were very poor and there was a reason why the football world at large was very surprised with the players that we brought in. Somehow we got some money back from those players, but we are also still hampered with Slimani who still had a decent impact but was in no shape or form a 30m player and one that is costing us a lot of money in wages still that we are unlikely to ever recoup.

For clubs in the "best of the rest" mini-league, transfers are so crucial. Throw it all away on some poor ones and you can tumble down the table and struggle. Sign some gems that went under the radar and you might get top 6 or 7 occasionally. That's why we are right be slightly worried with the new head of recruitment and that some of our proven backroom staff are off on their way!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Technical scouting chief Ollie Waldron leaves Leicester City

Ollie Waldron has left his role as Head of Technical Scouting at Leicester City.

Look at the date ###

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

So he left in March? lol 

**** sake Congerton is nothing sacred?! 

The fact this happened 3 months ago isn't really relevant, the potential problems still exist whereby we have lost our Head of Recruitment who had been lined up by Bordeaux several months ago and our head of scouting obviously agreed to go with him. In more recent weeks, our Head of the Academy has decided to go to West Ham.

This could all be great, we are an ambitious club and if the replacements are a higher calibre then it's positive. If they've all jumped ship though and we get the replacements wrong then it's a serious issue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The overhaul is happening whether it's our own doing or out of our control. 

Head of the Academy gone. Head of Recruitment gone. Head of Scouting gone.

Let's hope the replacements are equally as good, if not better. ?

He was "Head of Technical Scouting and Senior Scouting Coordinator". 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact this happened 3 months ago isn't really relevant, the potential problems still exist whereby we have lost our Head of Recruitment who had been lined up by Bordeaux several months ago and our head of scouting obviously agreed to go with him. In more recent weeks, our Head of the Academy has decided to go to West Ham.

This could all be great, we are an ambitious club and if the replacements are a higher calibre then it's positive. If they've all jumped ship though and we get the replacements wrong then it's a serious issue.

Yeah I don’t think I necessarily wanted it to come across as this not being an issue. I agree with you that it’s odd that we seem to be losing staff from this area hand over fist. However, it’s part of football no? People move on, maybe Brendan has people he wants to bring in etc, it’s normal for a new manager to want to bring his own staff in (I realise this might not be the case).

my post was more in reference to people implying that LC had something to do with this and I really don’t think he did. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The overhaul is happening whether it's our own doing or out of our control. 

Head of the Academy gone. Head of Recruitment gone. Head of Scouting gone.

Let's hope the replacements are equally as good, if not better. ?

The head of the academy and academy manager are the same. Head of technical player development is gone after his two year spell here.