Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Head of Scouting leaves

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

We could lose the tea lady and people on here would paint it as a disaster. A site full of corporal jones.

What?

The tea lady's leaving?????   

The fact that our recruitment team is being dismantled is one thing.  The fact that it is being replaced by Congerton and presumably his team is definitely grounds for concern if not all out panic Mr. Mainwaring!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Quick! Everyone panic about something none of us know anything about!

A giant asteroid is going to come straight at Earth in just ten years.  It is called “Apophis” after an Egyptian god of death.

Fortunately it will miss us, and slink off back to wherever it belongs.

SpudRoid.JPG.3a97d5184ae03ae505fb8ece44467855.JPG

Oddly enough, it is shaped like a Spud.

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, murphy said:

What?

The tea lady's leaving?????   

The fact that our recruitment team is being dismantled is one thing.  The fact that it is being replaced by Congerton and presumably his team is definitely grounds for concern if not all out panic Mr. Mainwaring!

This panic is on a lot smaller scale then when a certain Italian was appointed as the manager and if i remember rightly things didn't work out to badly.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Brendan’s here and must know/be involved with what’s going on ...   I’m cool.

Imo the structure should be independent  of the current manager.  Managers come and go. .  And while i hope br is here to stay that doesn't mean we shouldnt build an independent structure

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I echo your sentiments. Macia did well I thought to adjust for the disastrous 16/17 window with some very reasonable and well thought out signings. Even the ones that didn't make the grade such as Nacho, Silva and Iborra were on paper pretty decent.

Huh? That makes him a bad scout then. Pretty sure most of the reasonable fans on here could pick players that are good on paper, especially for a combined £60-70m but the job of a modern scout is to do the work beyond that. Need to find players that suit the group mentality and style of play and clearly, these 3 were failures based on that.

I'm not necessarily saying he did a bad job but based on your reasoning and the 3 in question, he failed with regards to them. Finding a good player and finding the right player are 2 very different things are and what separate the good scouts.

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Imo the structure should be independent  of the current manager.  Managers come and go. .  And while i hope br is here to stay that doesn't mean we shouldnt build an independent structure

Didn’t quite mean it like that Socks ...   more that hopefully he wouldn’t give up a top job to come here and lose key personnel...  but, again hopefully, be aware of what was happening and not be too concerned ...   ie he knows what was going to happen and isn’t too bothered or knows that there is a excellent replacement lined up ...

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

A giant asteroid is going to come straight at Earth in just ten years.  It is called “Apophis” after an Egyptian god of death.

Fortunately it will miss us, and slink off back to wherever it belongs.

SpudRoid.JPG.3a97d5184ae03ae505fb8ece44467855.JPG

Oddly enough, it is shaped like a Spud.

I thought it was a turd laid by a Snickers eater.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The overhaul is happening whether it's our own doing or out of our control. 

Head of the Academy gone. Head of Recruitment gone. Head of Scouting gone.

Let's hope the replacements are equally as good, if not better. ?

Who was Head of the Academy ?

Had Waldron been with us any time - I'd never heard of him before this ?

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact this happened 3 months ago isn't really relevant, the potential problems still exist whereby we have lost our Head of Recruitment who had been lined up by Bordeaux several months ago and our head of scouting obviously agreed to go with him. In more recent weeks, our Head of the Academy has decided to go to West Ham.

This could all be great, we are an ambitious club and if the replacements are a higher calibre then it's positive. If they've all jumped ship though and we get the replacements wrong then it's a serious issue.

I don't disagree with the main sentiments (I'm a little concerned but thinking positively), but I seem to remember you being quite vociferous about how shit our academy is at developing talent on several occasions not too long ago. Surely the head of our academy leaving is no bad thing...? 

6 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

https://leicestershirepress.com/2019/03/22/technical-scouting-chief-ollie-waldron-leaves-leicester-city/

Been with us an Analyst for a while, but only as Head of Technical Scouting, recently.

Edited by Outfox the Fox

2 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

https://leicestershirepress.com/2019/03/22/technical-scouting-chief-ollie-waldron-leaves-leicester-city/

Been with us an Analyst for a while, but only as Head of Technical Scouting, recently.

Thanks.  Interesting that the report talks of Rob Mackenzie possibly coming back.  He had a good reputation, I seem to remember ?

20 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I think I got his job title wrong but Dmitri Halajko came to us from Norwich a couple of years ago to oversee the academy and it now appears he has gone to West Ham. Not been told whether he's asked to go or been pushed?

If I worked for Leicester, even as a fan, and my old boss offered me the chance to work in Bordeaux for a couple of years, i'd jump at the chance!

Football is no different to any other business, people leave to follow culture/money/friends.

Don't read so much into absolutely everything!!

Edited by AjcW

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

This panic is on a lot smaller scale then when a certain Italian was appointed as the manager and if i remember rightly things didn't work out to badly.

That Italian manager had a good track record for his first season wherever he went!

This head of recruitment has had a bad name wherever he’s been! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If I worked for Leicester, even as a fan, and my old boss offered me the chance to work in Bordeaux for a couple of years, i'd jump at the chance!

Football is no different to any other business, people leave to follow culture/money/friends.

Don't read so much into absolutely everything!!

Yes but like in any other business, if you have a team with an good track record and it slowly dismantles itself (intentionally or otherwise) and the person coming in has a questionable background, you'd feel unconformable. It's the same here. 

• Like 3