Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Khanya Leshabela is officially a part of the Leicester City first team squad for the coming season

I watched him a few times in the u23s and he was good but he didn't blow me away. Hopefully Rodgers helps him make the successful transition to the first team. His name sounds like a romanic latin american take on Leicester so what's not to love.

Just now, Foxxed said:

I watched him a few times in the u23s and he was good but he didn't blow me away. Hopefully Rodgers helps him make the successful transition to the first team. His name sounds like a romanic latin american take on Leicester so what's not to love.

Agreed - he didn’t excite me that much to be honest. But presumably he’s shown something in training. 

22 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I agree. He didn't stand out at U23, there were always a few better players in each match he played, It didn't even look as though he was a championship loan level. The piece I think is more aimed at talking up the fact we have a South African player, I feel pretty sure he'll be in the U23s again this season.

25 minutes ago, brucey said:

Aren't the academy kids technically automatically part of the first team squad anyway, since they don't count towards the squad limit?

yes but they don't train with them, only the top prospects do

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably only officially part of the first team squad due to nationality and age? 

he's a teenager he could be moved to the u23s if too old for the U18s now.

That said clubs will often take their top young players with the first team in pre season, doesn't mean they'll be in the first team come the start of the season

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's a teenager he could be moved to the u23s if too old for the U18s now.

That said clubs will often take their top young players with the first team in pre season, doesn't mean they'll be in the first team come the start of the season

I think it's more he's no longer on a youth contract but now a professional contract.

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

So we’ve now got this lad in the first team squad, makes me wonder what will happen to the likes of George Thomas? Seemingly a forgotten lad

South African newspaper equates contract with first team squad. Although, judging by my Instagram-stalking, even a bench appearance gets you the karaoke hazing session with the senior squad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...