Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Mario Lemina

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7225001/Mario-Lemina-moves-closer-Southampton-exit-door-left-trip-Austria.html

Mario Lemina moves closer to Southampton exit after being left out of pre-season trip to Austria

Mario Lemina said at the weekend that he is open to leaving Southampton

• The midfielder was an £18m signing from Juventus two years ago 
  • But boss Ralph Hassenhuttl is happy to cash in on the Gabon international  
  • Mario Lemina is heading for the Southampton exit after being left out of their pre-season tour squad.

Midfielder Lemina was a surprise omission from Ralph Hasenhuttl's squad when they departed for Austria on Monday morning.

Southampton signed Lemina, 25, from Juventus for £18million two years ago and though he has shown flashes of his talent he has been unable to nail down a regular spot at St Mary's with his hopes of doing so hampered by injury.

Hasenhuttl is now open to cashing in on the Gabon international and with three years still left on his contract they will look to recoup the fee they paid out.

Southampton have received enquiries from Arsenal, Manchester United and Leicester for Lemina while Atalanta are also keen on bringing him back to Italy.

And Lemina admitted at the weekend he is ready to quit the club, saying: 'I still have another three years of contract. But it is true that I do not rule out the possibility of seeing something else.

'The last four months have not been easy for me, with my injury. The coach put his team together. I want to start afresh. So why not leave?

'We have very good discussions with the club. We are in agreement. If I don't feel good in this project, I can leave.

'They are giving me the opportunity to be able to go elsewhere.' 

Striker Charlie Austin was also omitted from Hasenhuttl's 26-man party for the trip to Austria.

Strange one. Isn't he one of their best players? 3 years left and he is happy to go with them happy to sell too? Surely transfers aren't that easy! 

Think he is a top player personally but think if we sign anyone else, it will be a winger. 

I rate him and he'd go well to giving us depth, we've basically got **** all squad outside our 11 but I really can't see this as likely to be honest. 

If you want two players for every position then he's Youri 2 but we still need to sign RW 1 tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not as good as Choudhury who is back up to Ndidi as DM or vice versa and isn't remotely capable of creating much going forward. No point.

We have Perez who I feel could cover Maddison and Tielemans if we play 4-1-4-1. He's certainly offensive enough but also has a high work rate and was the top attacking player in the PL last season for tackles and interceptions. We also have Choudhury who will need game time.

I don't mind bringing in a JJ type signing to cover the first XI but prefer a more compact squad were every player has a purpose within the squad rather than blowing another £18m on a Southampton surplus player who is 26 in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Good option to have, fine carrier and passer of the ball.

Ndidi, Hamza, Youri, Maddison and Lemina with Amartey as the back up man in multiple positions. That would be stunning going into this season. 

Why do I keep seeing people list DA as a midfielder, he's shocking there. Should be behind King and James for that slot. If we ever have to play him there again we wont be going anywhere near the top 6

If we persist with the holding midfielder and two in front of him, then he could be a very effective player next to Tielemans and in front of Ndidi. Both he and Teilemans are good progressive passers and good dribblers whilst being okay defenders but being helped massively by Ndidi. Then again I think Maddison could adapt to the 8 role

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not as good as Choudhury who is back up to Ndidi as DM or vice versa and isn't remotely capable of creating much going forward. No point.

Ndidi and Tielemans will play whenever they are right. Choudhury is filling in very well and Mendy seems to have found his zone by coming on to play out games. I wouldn't be surprised if King is kept on as fifth choice.

Can't see us adding another central midfielder.

He would be merely padding out an already decent squad. There's a reason Southampton are getting rid, they're not exactly miled out with quality and if he can't get in their midfield why is he suddenly good enough for ours?  Has he attitude problems? It's a business and some fans just want to collect more and more names. Let's get rid of Silva , King , James and certain others before risking more money in fees and wages on mediocrity. 

10 minutes ago, Spicer said:

If we persist with the holding midfielder and two in front of him, then he could be a very effective player next to Tielemans and in front of Ndidi. Both he and Teilemans are good progressive passers and good dribblers whilst being okay defenders but being helped massively by Ndidi. Then again I think Maddison could adapt to the 8 role

If he could be that 'effective' wouldn't Southampton have played him more last season and be wanting to keep him? Some fans see things that they would wish to be there yet haven't in truth actually ever witnessed it in a player because it's not happened. You shouldn't sign players on the theory that 'if' they could do something they might be quite good. 

• Like 1