Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCNick1

Do we really need to sign another winger ?

4 minutes ago, LCFCNick1 said:

I believe with Gray, Barnes, Ghezzal (possibly Pérez) depending how they line up we don’t need to splash on another forward. Maybe another CB not sold on Evans or Soyuncu 

Opposite for me. Far more content with Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic. Fairly safe I reckon.

Don`t see much spark on Gray, Ghezzal, bit more in Barnes (Too soon to comment on Perez for this team), but we need more spark/va-va-voom/stick-it-in-the-net-ability :thumbup:

Gray & more so Ghezzal not good enough and shouldn’t play any part in the direction we are heading, Barnes is almost a regular starter and I really hope he scores early this season to boost his confidence, Albrighton is Mr dependable and he will play a big part this season. Rehgba could be the surprise package and maybe Ricardo as a winger as well. Would still like to see 1 more being signed as well though... 

• Like 2

Just now, LinekersApples said:

We need another direct wide man.

Direct wise men of the calibre we need will cost 30m+......

We are actively looking for that player. Don’t be surprised when we break the bank once more.

How about the stupid ones? :P 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LCFCNick1 said:

I believe with Gray, Barnes, Ghezzal (possibly Pérez) depending how they line up we don’t need to splash on another forward. Maybe another CB not sold on Evans or Soyuncu 

For me Evans was are best CB by the end of the season, I would have considered him first choice!

If we want to break the top 6 we need a quality wide man.

Currently we have 5 CB no need for another unless Mags goes!

Edited by coolhandfox

19 minutes ago, LCFCNick1 said:

Christ, you think we are ok with Ghezzal and Gray but you're "not sold" on Evans. Evans is the best defender we have in terms of actually defending. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LCFCNick1 said:

Not sold on Evans in terms of performances? He was our best CB last season. Soyuncu and Benkovic also came very highly rated and I think both are capable of starting next season if needed. 

Gray is still yet to deliver any consistency and evidence suggests he may never will. Barnes is a talent for sure but we shouldn't rely on him completely for next season, he still needs time to develop and mature. Ghezzal... meh. We need a top, goal scoring winger if we are really going to push the top 6! 

• Like 1

We really do. Our current wingers do not contribute enough in numbers, Brendan has already stated this more than once. 

Barnes can be cut a bit of slack having only played 6 months of PL football but we need someone who is better than all our current options. 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

We really do. Our current wingers do not contribute enough in numbers, Brendan has already stated this more than once. 

Barnes can be cut a bit of slack having only played 6 months of PL football but we need someone who is better than all our current options. 

Stepped up pretty much every year, i personally think he will be one of the stand-out performers this coming season. (Not that i dont think we need a decent, goal-scoring winger) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

We need another direct wide man.

Direct wise men of the calibre we need will cost 30m+......

We are actively looking for that player. Don’t be surprised when we break the bank once more.

Do not lead me on lol 

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Gray and Ghezzal just aren't good enough.

Can't just rely on Albrighton (one-dimensional for the most part), Barnes (still young and inexperienced) and Perez who is a welcome new signing of course.

Upgrades on Gray & Ghezzal are needed. Been a staunch supporter and backer of Gray to come good but he's still too hit and miss even with decent runs of games. It just begs the question when will Gray come good?

Ghezzal was just an all-round poor signing. Monaco couldn't have shipped him out quicker. For where we want to be (breaking in to the top 6), Ghezzal just is not good enough.

So yes, we do need to sign another winger!

Early days on Ghezzal I think, though see him more as a number 10 personally. Some overseas players need more than half a season bit part starts to shine and have to adapt. Didier Drogba had a shocking first season for Chelsea but turned out none to shabby. I'm sure if there's something is there Brenda will find it. In the meantime it may help if he walks onto the pitch he gets a bit of encouragement and not a volley of boos. Remember, if he's been thrown on it's for a reason and it is the manager who has made that decision. To boo Ghezzal is to boo Rodgers who's trying to do something. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Early days on Ghezzal I think, though see him more as a number 10 personally. Some overseas players need more than half a season bit part starts to shine and have to adapt. Didier Drogba had a shocking first season for Chelsea but turned out none to shabby. I'm sure if there's something is there Brenda will find it. In the meantime it may help if he walks onto the pitch he gets a bit of encouragement and not a volley of boos. Remember, if he's been thrown on it's for a reason and it is the manager who has made that decision. To boo Ghezzal is to boo Rodgers who's trying to do something. 

I agree about the booing as I didn't like that at all. Having said that, it was probably more for Puel than the player. Puel made some weird decisions at times.

Agree about needing more than half a season but having said that, even in the times he has come on, he looks very slow and not like a winger that can take us forward. Best thing he did was the goal against Fleetwood which speaks volumes.

Don't want to left wondering at the end of the season what would have happened if we signed a quality winger. Just like the year we won it, it seems this is the best chance to hit the top 6.

Arsenal - appears they have no money so won’t be improving too much on last season

Man utd - OGS isnt good enough. Not attracting good enough players

Chelsea - lost hazard, new manager, no more signings

we essentially need to go all out this year and the only thing missing from a top starting 11 is a quality winger 

Edited by Swarles Barkley
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agree about the booing as I didn't like that at all. Having said that, it was probably more for Puel than the player. Puel made some weird decisions at times.

Agree about needing more than half a season but having said that, even in the times he has come on, he looks very slow and not like a winger that can take us forward. Best thing he did was the goal against Fleetwood which speaks volumes.

He did ok when he played as a no10? (forget game) was that Fleetwood? 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Im useless at remembering specific games, i just recall when he played more central, he was actually pretty good. 

Fair enough. Yeah, I remember he had his moments in the 10 position. To be honest, we should loan him to West Brom, who need exactly the kind of player he is - hard-working, creative, can shoot decently. He won't get a chance with us, which is unfortunate. He'd be fairly above their level so it would be tough to convince him, but then again, he'd want to get his career back on track surely.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha, Silva still managed to play crap and get overrun in that one though ?

IMHO...we don't need another winger...

Any other buys,I will wait and see what developes...from BR. & Club.

Unlike some I am happy with who we have....I very underrated experienced player..2 young lads,who we hope will develope under Rodgers.Another who came in last season,and didn't deserve the booing that greeted him.unfortunately we cant chose or outsource the Dozos who forget nearly all new players need a season,to become accustomed to the PL.Some should learn how to encourage first..!!