Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

Real Madrid players in quarantine. 

One of their basketball players tested positive for it and the basketball club and football club share the same training facilities. 

I'm guessing their game against Man City can't go ahead now! 

Edited by StanSP

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hahahaha cry just a bit more Owen

Notice how before the game Klopp and the Liverpool camp were all saying about knowing what to expect, 'we respect them' etc... yet surprise surprise, they lose the game fair & square and it all goes out the window.

They've just totally summed up why I don't want them winning things. Insufferable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hahahaha cry just a bit more Owen

Media come out with stuff like this as if any side (not just Atletico) should just attack an attacking side which would probably see them get hammered.

Yet the same people will call for a defesnive manager such as Big Sam as the new manager of a club in need of a manager.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Media come out with stuff like this as if any side (not just Atletico) should just attack an attacking side which would probably see them get hammered.

Yet the same people will call for a defesnive manager such as Big Sam as the new manager of a club in need of a manager.

It's an easy narrative for social media and journalists to run with. 

End of the day, Liverpool are just like every other Klopp side. Loads of energy and pace and impact but very little creativity. 

They're right, it didn't take a masterclass from Simeone because Liverpool are so intensely predictable it was easy for him to work out how to win. 

Simeone, Klopp and Guardiola perfectly represent football's current tactical rock, paper, scissors. 

Klopp > Pep > Simeone > Klopp. 

Possession beats Park the bus but loses to gegenpress which loses to park the bus etc. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2020 at 21:30, Cardiff_Fox said:

That Atalanta v PSG game is so intriguing. The format gives Atalanta a great chance of reaching the final. 

Hard to see past an Atalanta win for me. They were absolutely cheated out of a win against Juve a few weeks back. PSG losing Mbappe will be a massive loss as well.

Either way, there should be a few goals :D

Edited by filbertway

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'm glad we aren't in the champions league. We can't compete with these teams, the standard of football is too high. 

On one hand, I agree. The standard in this game is unbelievable, however you can only get better by testing yourself at a higher level. We did alright last time with arguably a less-talented squad. Some of the football is ridiculously good though.

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

On one hand, I agree. The standard in this game is unbelievable, however you can only get better by testing yourself at a higher level. We did alright last time with arguably a less-talented squad. Some of the football is ridiculously good though.

Agreed. You'd like to think we'd raise our game for the big games and we certainly did that last time out. But I don't think this squad has the tactical nouse to manage the big games yet. We've been found wanting in every big game this season. 

• Like 1