Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I think it's just as important to have that depth within the context of a game, not just the season, to account for poor form or tiredness/injury.

Yep I buy that logic. Different team and player type but similar example is that Man City can change their wide forwards from any of Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and Bernardo. Even the best players of that type have off days so having another you can choose from can win you games out of nowhere. 

When Tielemans arrived the biggest beneficiary was Maddison despite him dropping back. It meant we had two creative threats so if one was not firing the other might. Sometimes they were both firing! And I guess the perfectly explainable reason to get another is because sometimes neither of them were having a good game. 

From the wording, it sounds like we wouldn’t interest him either.

We put a bid in which was rejected.

Fiorentina put a bid in which got them into talks (so we’d assume a higher bid), but he turned them down, as he wants a “significant” step up in club.

Sounds to me like we’d have to offer more than we think he’s worth, and even then sounds like he’d turn us down too.

Also, from this, it sounds like he’d probably be demanding to be a starter for us, where I think it’s more likely we’d be looking to rotate him.

I’d put money on this deal not happening.

Just now, LinekersApples said:

Sevilla = Europa League

Valencia = Champions League 

Leicester = potentially higher wage and more secure contract, but until we get into Europe we are a less attractive option.... unless such players want to play in England. Then we (along with West Ham and Everton I’m afraid) are very appealing.

Will that as a cast iron, 100%, irrefutably, no turning back done deal then :thumbup:

ta

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

We described Praet as less of a direct goal scorer or assist maker, but more of the guy who assists the assist? 
Assume that puts him as a replacement for either Maddison or YT?

We clearly have absolutely no depth at present. If it's true we're after Praet and a starting winger I'd say that clearly makes Praet and Perez both additions to the squad as a whole. 

That doesn't mean sitting on the bench, it means being genuine options if other players are off form, injured, suspended or just having a bad game or we need to change the shape. 

We haven't had depth really in years. 

I assume Praet doesn't so much replace Maddison or Tielemans in their 10/8 alternating position, he just becomes one more option Rodgers has to choose from there. 

• Like 4

Excellent signing. Winger, striker, sell all the over paid crap we’ve got soaking up our wage FFP nonsense and we’re in business to win the league. (Yes Andy K, I do mean you.)

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

We clearly have absolutely no depth at present. If it's true we're after Praet and a starting winger I'd say that clearly makes Praet and Perez both additions to the squad as a whole. 

That doesn't mean sitting on the bench, it means being genuine options if other players are off form, injured, suspended or just having a bad game or we need to change the shape. 

We haven't had depth really in years. 

I assume Praet doesn't so much replace Maddison or Tielemans in their 10/8 alternating position, he just becomes one more option Rodgers has to choose from there. 

When you think about it, we really do lack players able to pick a pass or offer something different. As you said, this just increases our depth and gives us those other options should we need them. 

At 25, he isn't even in his 'peak' yet and if he acclimatises could be worth a lot more in the future.