Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

42 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Where would Praet fit in? Excuse my ignorance but he’s not a player I’ve watched a great deal of.... is he quite versatile I.E able to play out on the wings? Or do we potentially think Rodgers May want to dabble with a 4-3-3 from time to time? 

I'm sure he'd be the much needed backup for Maddison/Tielemans. An upgrade on King/James/Silva. Apparently, he can play on the wing, as well, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

He’d be another energetic number 8. I’d imagine Maddison and Tielemans are first choice but to play high intensity for a whole season the team would need depth. Liverpool have Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Keita and when back from injury Oxlade-Chamberlain. We don’t play as many games but you get the idea. 

Tbf Fabinho isn't really a high intensity No.8. He's more like Ndidi if Ndidi could pass the ball. 

I'm coming round to the idea, they were liquid gold together at Anderlecht and although his output at Sampdoria looks very mediocre it's not out of the realms of possibility he does better in a faster paced league back with Tielemans. 

I thought McGregor would be our versatile central midfielder signed to compete across various roles but if Praet is more attainable then maybe he's the one to go for?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tbf Fabinho isn't really a high intensity No.8. He's more like Ndidi if Ndidi could pass the ball. 

Yep he's one who sits, Henderson being another. In our team that role is performed by either Ndidi, Mendy or Choudhury. But still, you can see that Liverpool have an abundance of players that can run, just like Dortmund did when Klopp was in charge there.

One big advantage of playing the 433 that Rodgers used against teams outside the top 6 is that it's "system football." The good thing about system football is that you rely less on individual brilliance and more about attributes that are specific to roles on the pitch. On paper a midfield 3 of Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Henderson sounds like it should be nowhere near a Champions League final, yet Liverpool went and won one with those 3, subbing Wijnaldum off for Milner in the second half. So having more bodies in the squad that can play the various roles seems like a good idea. That said, I kind of feel that Perez could probably play as an 8 on occasion as well, being a versatile player that is hard working and technical.

Of course our biggest weakness still remains that other than Vardy we don't have enough players that can put the ball in the back of the net. Perez should help, but it's why we all want a clinical winger to wrap up our window.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Translation from link:

At Leicester City they already had an ex-favorite of RSC Anderlecht under contract with Marcin Wasilewski and recently they won Youri Tielemans for 45 million euros. Number three may be on the way. According to Tuttosport, the club has set its sights on Dennis Praet and can therefore become teammate of Tielemans again, whatever they were at Anderlecht. Sampdoria is willing to let the Red Devil go for 25 million euros and that amount is no problem for Leicester City. Valencia is also still showing an interest in the former Golden Shoe, but for them the transfer price is on the high side. The Premier League therefore seems to be the next destination for Praet. UPDATE 15/07 Praet seems to have to be patient for his transfer to Leicester. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Leicester has made an initial bid of 18 million euros, but that is of course still well below the asking price of 25 million that Sampdoria uses. The English will therefore have to raise their bid if Praet really wants to reunite with Youri Tielemans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How is he a Mendy replacement? Why does nobody understand that we are one injury away from playing King alongside Maddison or Tielemans?

Ndidi and Mendy are holding players. Maddison and Tielemans are no. 8s. Choudhury can play both roles but isn't anywhere near as attacking as Maddison or Tielemans, and therefore we are absolutely desperate for cover there.

Assuming the internationals including Tielemans aren't involved tonight, you will see exactly what I mean when the team is announced at half 6, because who are we playing in the midfield three? King, James and Mendy? Is that top 6 material?

• Like 4

http://sampgazzetta.it/2019/07/16/praet-il-leicester-non-molla-gia-pronta-una-nuova-offerta-anche-la-fiorentina-potrebbe-fare-unofferta/

Praet: Leicester does not give up, a new offer is ready. Even Fiorentina could make an offer.

Dennis Praet, started with the whole group in Ponte di Legno for the preparation with Samp.

His future will not be blucerhiato, the Leicester will probably formulate a new offer to reach 22 million, but there are other teams involved, Atletico Madrid and in Italy there is much talk of Fiorentina, with the latter, pleasing to the player .

The viola have already had a first contact with Samp and could go on, even if the time is short. In the background, other teams also requested information.

The Samp we repeat if they are not players interested in Mister Difra does not want counterparts, the cost of the card is of 25 Millions

Edited by lcfcnsk

1 hour ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://sampgazzetta.it/2019/07/16/praet-il-leicester-non-molla-gia-pronta-una-nuova-offerta-anche-la-fiorentina-potrebbe-fare-unofferta/

Praet: Leicester does not give up, a new offer is ready. Even Fiorentina could make an offer.

Dennis Praet, started with the whole group in Ponte di Legno for the preparation with Samp.

His future will not be blucerhiato, the Leicester will probably formulate a new offer to reach 22 million, but there are other teams involved, Atletico Madrid and in Italy there is much talk of Fiorentina, with the latter, pleasing to the player .

The viola have already had a first contact with Samp and could go on, even if the time is short. In the background, other teams also requested information.

The Samp we repeat if they are not players interested in Mister Difra does not want counterparts, the cost of the card is of 25 Millions

This is a job for the mighty 'Congernator'.  Get it sorted and Gerrimin………..and quick. You have not signed anyone for over a week  -shocking.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

This is a job for the mighty 'Congernator'.  Get it sorted and Gerrimin………..and quick. You have not signed anyone for over a week  -shocking.

This steering wheel might need the man Anderson Perry to get the deal out of the refrigerator.

• Haha 1

it goes to show how far we have come when we are mentioned as serious potential suitors for a player along with the likes of Milan and Atletico. :scarf: The future is bright the future is Blue (to paraphrase a well known ad slogan)

I think because we played a 4-1-4-1 towards the end of the season, some people are seeing Madders and Tielemans as the same sort of player (8s) but I'd argue our formation was more of a 4-3-3 similar to Chelsea under Mourinho.

new_chelsea_drogba_lampard_terry_cole.jp

Anyway, everyone seems to be talking about signing a new 8 as backup to Maddison (a natural 10) and Tielemans. I know it's not everyone's favourite formation but if we sign a new 8 it gives us the option to play a filthy 4-4-2(D) of:

Schmeichel

Pereira Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi

New 8 Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy Pérez

I'd argue pound for pound one of the best teams in the league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

I think because we played a 4-1-4-1 towards the end of the season, some people are seeing Madders and Tielemans as the same sort of player (8s) but I'd argue our formation was more of a 4-3-3 similar to Chelsea under Mourinho.

Yeah it is more like that. I would note though that Tielemans and Maddison swap roles during the game, for example Tielemans headed goal against Arsenal was when he moved to a 10 and Maddison crossed it into him. I think it's something both players enjoy in the system, as it varies their play.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah it is more like that. I would note though that Tielemans and Maddison swap roles during the game, for example Tielemans headed goal against Arsenal was when he moved to a 10 and Maddison crossed it into him. I think it's something both players enjoy in the system, as it varies their play.

I agree completely. That's the flexibility that that formation allows (especially when you're playing against 10 men). Have to admit that late run into the box was Lampard-esque, what a day at the KP that was!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

Anyway, everyone seems to be talking about signing a new 8 as backup to Maddison (a natural 10) and Tielemans. I know it's not everyone's favourite formation but if we sign a new 8 it gives us the option to play a filthy 4-4-2(D) of:

Schmeichel

Pereira Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi

New 8 Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy Pérez

I'd argue pound for pound one of the best teams in the league.

We'd have ready made cover for each of those positions, too - with the exception of striker.

On 16/07/2019 at 08:20, StriderHiryu said:

He’d be another energetic number 8. I’d imagine Maddison and Tielemans are first choice but to play high intensity for a whole season the team would need depth. Liverpool have Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Keita and when back from injury Oxlade-Chamberlain. We don’t play as many games but you get the idea. 

I think it's just as important to have that depth within the context of a game, not just the season, to account for poor form or tiredness/injury.

• Like 2