Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Drinkwater was voted in the top 3 players in the entire league that season. 

King contributed much more to this club than James especially in the Premier League, I stand by that. 

You said he was a better player, not even our manager thought that.

Good on them voting for him, as I said Hollywood passes get you noticed. Ryan Giggs got player of the season for being old once.

The stats speak for themselves when people say he didn’t tackle or create. 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You said he was a better player, not even our manager thought that.

Good on them voting for him, as I said Hollywood passes get you noticed. Ryan Giggs got player of the season for being old once.

The stats speak for themselves when people say he didn’t tackle or create. 

I said I was likely in the minority but I do believe King was a better player than Matty James. I have never rated him, my admiration if Andy King was probably more as a goalscoring midfielder in the early part of his career rather than when that dried up but the reasons I never rated James was he was the sort of midfielder who bores me. Not a defensive midfielder, nor a creative attacking midfielder. I probably under appreciate such players but not a player I'd have in my team at all. (I'd have 11 wingers personally)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I wonder if the club use his injury as an example to new possible signings as some sort of sales pitch. Some kind of 'we look after our own', 'we even extended the contract of a player who was out with a long term injury'. 

I know it would influence part of my decision if I was choosing a new club with very little between my options. 

This whole 'LCFC family' image. Just a thought. 

I hope not.

Getting the club to have an open arms feel is all well and good but the club must always come first. 

Classic example in these times is that the £££ that the club have uselessy spent on James could and should have been spent elsewhere. 

Fine lines and we don't know what his contract is made up of, but I hope to god it includes appearance bonuses etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I wonder if the club use his injury as an example to new possible signings as some sort of sales pitch. Some kind of 'we look after our own', 'we even extended the contract of a player who was out with a long term injury'. 

I know it would influence part of my decision if I was choosing a new club with very little between my options. 

This whole 'LCFC family' image. Just a thought. 

lol I think the situation with James appears to be by default rather than design. I'm sure had the club known he was going to be out injured for 3-4 years they wouldn't have offrered him said extension and there'd be nothing wrong with that.

34 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

lol I think the situation with James appears to be by default rather than design. I'm sure had the club known he was going to be out injured for 3-4 years they wouldn't have offrered him said extension and there'd be nothing wrong with that.

They offered him the extension when he was two years or more into his injury. He was way off playing at that point I believe and many on here thought it odd. I assumed it was the club doing the family thing.

Been a couple of comments on here that different managers have thought he’s the most gifted midfielder we have.

• Like 1

Think the wage stealer jibes are harsh. We decided to offer him a contract, he took it and then for whatever reason isn't selected. It's the club's responsibility, not the player's. He went on loan, came back and started playing for us again, Rodgers has included him as well when available.

Club needs to review it's policy.

• Like 1

The bloke played 119 times total in 8 years that an average of just under 15 games a year . There has also been little sign of him so I doubt we will be seeing him play any time soon . If he does get fit he will only break down again you can guarantee it .Its not just his wages being an issue but the they guy is also stealing the spot another potential signing or thay if a youth product . 

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

How exactly?

In numerous ways,  firstly his wages that he is paid although probable not massive could be going to someone that actually contributes to the team not just the injury list,  his wages  either going towards a new signing for a first team player or towards an up and coming youngster so to me that’s taking up someone’s  spot  . Secondly in training  (if  fit ) he’s taking up the spot of someone else in training and practice matches  for example if they are playing an 11v11 and you’ve got Matty  James playing instead of one of the youth team  or say a new signing  we could have signed with some of his  wages then he’s taking someone spot . I see the money we are paying him as dead money cause he’s never gonna play in the Prem as he’s never fit so to me he’s is stealing the spot of another player who could be helping us or getting valuable first team experiences . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

In numerous ways,  firstly his wages that he is paid although probable not massive could be going to someone that actually contributes to the team not just the injury list,  his wages  either going towards a new signing for a first team player or towards an up and coming youngster so to me that’s taking up someone’s  spot  . Secondly in training  (if  fit ) he’s taking up the spot of someone else in training and practice matches  for example if they are playing an 11v11 and you’ve got Matty  James playing instead of one of the youth team  or say a new saying we could have signed with some of his  wages then he’s taking someone spot . I see the money we are paying him as dead money cause he’s never gonna play in the Prem as he’s never fit so to me he’s is stealing the spot of another player who could be helping us or getting valuable first team experiences . 

If the club didnt want it so, there would be surely in this case more done to move him on....

I believe the relationships within the club,to Vichai, & Top Close  Circle interests towards certain players from the promotion & titles years...I

I lean more towards @Babylon sympathies & explanations...I

Something just go above,your not incorrect thoughts...but a certain Ethos & character runs through the club,that goes beyond the business logic..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If the club didnt want it so, there would be surely in this case more done to move him on....

I believe the relationships within the club,to Vichai, & Top Close  Circle interests towards certain players from the promotion & titles years...I

I lean more towards @Babylon sympathies & explanations...I

Something just go above,your not incorrect thoughts...but a certain Ethos & character runs through the club,that goes beyond the business logic..

Totally get the look after your players ethos but 119 games in 8 years 18 of which were on loan in the Championship he’s been more than liked after . 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

In numerous ways,  firstly his wages that he is paid although probable not massive could be going to someone that actually contributes to the team not just the injury list,  his wages  either going towards a new signing for a first team player or towards an up and coming youngster so to me that’s taking up someone’s  spot  . Secondly in training  (if  fit ) he’s taking up the spot of someone else in training and practice matches  for example if they are playing an 11v11 and you’ve got Matty  James playing instead of one of the youth team  or say a new saying we could have signed with some of his  wages then he’s taking someone spot . I see the money we are paying him as dead money cause he’s never gonna play in the Prem as he’s never fit so to me he’s is stealing the spot of another player who could be helping us or getting valuable first team experiences . 

If he's always injured he's not going to be playing in practice matches, and if he is playing in practice matches it's to try and get him fit. Surely you want the club to actually try and get him fit if they can?

The money he's on won't impact any youth team players in terms of their wages. And if we sign another player, we're going to have to pay a fee, a decent one at that if you want a good player. 

He could also be on pay as you play. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Totally get the look after your players ethos but 119 games in 8 years 18 of which were on loan in the Championship he’s been more than liked after . 

Its not Really eight years though is it. It was to broken down,in periods where Club were ready to get him back into the playing squad...

WE only got promoted 13/14...Great Esacape...14/15...title 15/16...

Your using hindsight totally out of Sync...

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Nobody knows what he's cost or what the deal actually was. For all we know it was heavily linked to appearances. 

He played half a season at Barnsley with no issues lets not forget, they didn't just hand someone a contract without playing a game or proving his fitness. Not only that he was excellent for them. 

Similar to Amartey, we've decided to secure an asset. Sometimes it will work out, sometimes it won't. Also similar to Amartey we've decided to look after a player when they have a bad time. We can moan all week about what a bad decision financially it was, but it's not our money and we all crow about what a great sprit we've had over the years, or what a great atmosphere the owners cultured, along with Pearson. It's because we do things like that. 

It was a year too long, but again we don't know what the actual deal is. It could be bare minimum if he's not fit and playing.  

Aye makes sense

I concur

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its not Really eight years though is it. It was to broken down,in periods where Club were ready to get him back into the playing squad...

WE only got promoted 13/14...Great Esacape...14/15...title 15/16...

Your using hindsight totally out of Sync...

The facts remain he joined us in 2012  it’s now 2020 he’s Been here 8 years and played 119  games that’s nothing to do with hindsight they are  the facts . If you then take an average Premier league season which is 38 games he’s played 3 seasons worth roughly  out of 8 a lot which will also have been  cups games and substitute appearances coming back from injury so not full games so the guys probable only played 1-2 seasons worth of football . I’d be interested out of all those appearances what actual minutes he’s played total because I think it will be very small so he’s he’s been well looked after over 8 years 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he's always injured he's not going to be playing in practice matches, and if he is playing in practice matches it's to try and get him fit. Surely you want the club to actually try and get him fit if they can?

The money he's on won't impact any youth team players in terms of their wages. And if we sign another player, we're going to have to pay a fee, a decent one at that if you want a good player. 

He could also be on pay as you play. 

Hence why I put in brackets if Fit and they have been trying to get the lad fit for years to no avail  just it isn’t going to happen so I stick by what I say he his taking up someones spot .

I think the money he’s on could impact youth team players , not the ones already here but say we want to start getting in some  new young prospects and his wages although small  could pay them instead of him .  

• Like 1