Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

22 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't think you can call someone a boomer when you're failing to understand how to use the "quote" button

Thank you so much for articulating this :appl:

Edit: on James, he deserves his chance same as everybody else

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Glad he's back and fair play to him. Still baffles me though, that he has a squad place but a fully fit Andy King, who played a decent role in our league winning season, gets loaned out.

Probably because King isn’t very good anymore? 

• Like 3

King isn't good enough. That is plainly obvious. He can barely get a kick when he goes out on loan so how can he be good enough for a CL chasing prem side? MJ has the brains. I really dont think he has the agility or athleticism to trouble our XI though, however much the manager rates him.

Edited by sdb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Glad he's back and fair play to him. Still baffles me though, that he has a squad place but a fully fit Andy King, who played a decent role in our league winning season, gets loaned out.

I expect we found it difficult to get a loan deal done for Matty !  You sort of need to be able to play more than a couple of games a season .....

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I expect we found it difficult to get a loan deal done for Matty !  You sort of need to be able to play more than a couple of games a season .....

Yes. But normally you need to play more than that for a squad number too. 

2 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

King was never very good. Ducked out of tackles, passes 5 yards sideways or backwards, in his favor the odd goal.

He's just a squad player who was happy to pick up some wages once we went above his ability level, which is the championship.

Totally Wrong,und out of order.!!!!      And again..!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sdb said:

King isn't good enough. That is plainly obvious. He can barely get a kick when he goes out on loan so how can he be good enough for a CL chasing prem side? MJ has the brains. I really dont think he has the agility or athleticism to trouble our XI though, however much the manager rates him.

All emotion aside neither of them are good enough for where we want to be. Even peak 2014/15 James was nowhere near CL standard. Kingy played away agaisnt Athletico which probably winds a few up no end lol 

I did though find it strange that we gave the PL squad place to James over King. That was at best a 6th place shirt, behind Ndidi, Youri, Praet, Hamza and Mendy so whoever took it would have needed to be ready to slot in at the drop of a hat due to injuries, suspensions or whatever. Kingy has zero track record of injury and James has been injured 75% of the last 4/5 years. Did find that weird but there was obviously logic behind it. 

Either way I'm chuffed for James to make a comeback, that interview where he said he was in tears during his rehab was a horrible read. 

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All emotion aside neither of them are good enough for where we want to be. Even peak 2014/15 James was nowhere near CL standard. Kingy played away agaisnt Athletico which probably winds a few up no end lol 

I did though find it strange that we gave the PL squad place to James over King. That was at best a 6th place shirt, behind Ndidi, Youri, Praet, Hamza and Mendy so whoever took it would have needed to be ready to slot in at the drop of a hat due to injuries, suspensions or whatever. Kingy has zero track record of injury and James has been injured 75% of the last 4/5 years. Did find that weird but there was obviously logic behind it. 

Either way I'm chuffed for James to make a comeback, that interview where he said he was in tears during his rehab was a horrible read. 

Agreed.

I think King gets looked over because he's a steady Eddie - Matty James is a bit defter with his feet. However, I'd want reliability at this juncture in the season. I think it would have been more beneficial for Matty to regain his fitness on loan to a Championship club.

21 hours ago, urban fox said:

Great attitude.  The easy thing would have been to have just packed it all in but he has shown grit and determination in his fight to get back into the game.  It could not have been easy, watching his team mates win the league while he had his leg in plaster/supports, hobbling around on crutches for almost a whole year. Then continue watching as they embarked on a romp to the champions league QF, finally getting back to fitness only to be on the receiving end of another (different) long term injury.

For those that constantly call for him to be dumped off the wage bill, suggesting he is some sort of freeloader, i suspect that they would be outraged if they were off sick and were unceremoniously sacked simply because they were not fit to perform their full duties at work.  From everything i have heard, James has been in and around the squad and helping out with the youngsters etc, so despite not being able to play first team football all this while, it appears his contribution has been significant.

I for one wish him well, and hope he can now see out his career, whether here or elsewhere, free from further major injury.

Easier to have a ‘tough’ attitude like so when you’re in an extremely cosy environment like Leicester. On a nice wage at a decent club who are going places. Why would he want to pack that all in? 

I really like Matty James but it’s time to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Matty James is clearly better than King. That's why Ranieri, Pearson, Puel and Rodgers have all accommodated James and sidelined Kingy once in the PL.

That's not true though is it. King played a key role in our first Prem season under Pearson.

Ranieri played King in the champs league and he also played him in the Prem when we needed to use our squad, he scored some important goals to keep our momentum going in the league win season.

Puel casted him out to the point of no return and quite honestly I think that was completely unfair. Especially considering the fact we had an out of form Mendy playing most weeks who was being literally pushed off the ball. And an injured Matty James with a squad number.

Rodgers hasn't considered him because Puel has made it impossible for him to ever get back into this squad. Poor treatment for a player that has provided such a great service for our club. 

Laughs and snides are all well and good. But to laugh at the statement where I claim a fit King is more use to the squad than an injured James is just bazaar. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Hope he can come back and make an impact, and more importantly stay fit. He was a good player, hopefully he can regain that form again over time.

Those that that complain that paying his wage is a waste as it could be spent on another player need to consider a couple of things. Firstly his wages aren’t going to be a huge dent in our finances, he’s one player, not the highest earner.

Secondly and most importantly for me, we all go on about how great our owners are, consider that maybe due to him suffering serious and possibly career ending injuries while employed by the club they have taken his welfare into consideration. They  have given him time time and the amenities to get back fit, when his contract expired they renewed it when many thought he’d be released. Had they he could have fallen off a cliff, if that contract was just to give him a wage and focus, for an employee of theirs, then that shows a duty of care and compassion that I feel should be commended and not criticised. Another example of how the club thinks and is run and that’s a massive plus when you consider the heartless nature of football at times.

Very well put.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

That's not true though is it. King played a key role in our first Prem season under Pearson.

Ranieri played King in the champs league and he also played him in the Prem when we needed to use our squad, he scored some important goals to keep our momentum going in the league win season.

Puel casted him out to the point of no return and quite honestly I think that was completely unfair. Especially considering the fact we had an out of form Mendy playing most weeks who was being literally pushed off the ball. And an injured Matty James with a squad number.

Rodgers hasn't considered him because Puel has made it impossible for him to ever get back into this squad. Poor treatment for a player that has provided such a great service for our club. 

Laughs and snides are all well and good. But to laugh at the statement where I claim a fit King is more use to the squad than an injured James is just bazaar. 

You're obviously right but the decision was made based on the much higher ceiling of James than King. And obviously we took the risk that he would come back from his injury more quickly than he did, which backfired rather than go with King who would always be getting in the team only when we were down to the bare bones rather than MJ who could push the starters when (if) fit.

• Like 1