Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

1 hour ago, somebum said:

The point being that he's only here to tick a box, ain't good enough for nothing else, end of. 

Apparently he tried  ticking a box in training on Thursday but almost broke the lead in his pencil. Fortunately it was iced and turned to be just light bruising. 

As for the box, he just shaded it. 

• Haha 2

I mean he did nothing wrong in the short time he was on the pitch did he? Good to see him back playing - might potentially see him again against Birmingham but other than that I can’t see him being involved again this season. 

I really hope he’s back for good this time and can salvage some sort of career - whether that be here or more likely in the championship. 

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers wouldn’t speak about him the way he does if he wasn’t an absolute technician. Brendan doesn’t gush over every player in our squad. Matty James is a quality footballer, if he was fortunate enough to have a body robust enough to play regular football, more people would get to know it. First game in the Premier League in over 2 years, what does he do? Cushions a lovely chest to Chilwell whilst being put under pressure. Class. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Brendan Rodgers wouldn’t speak about him the way he does if he wasn’t an absolute technician. Brendan doesn’t gush over every player in our squad. Matty James is a quality footballer, if he was fortunate enough to have a body robust enough to play regular football, more people would get to know it. First game in the Premier League in over 2 years, what does he do? Cushions a lovely chest to Chilwell whilst being put under pressure. Class. 

Absolutely right and not only does Rodgers appear to rate him but, when he became available before,  he was preferred to the expensive signing Silva and also Iborra so he can't be that shabby a player.

Happy to welcome him back given his injury horrors and lengthy time off. It is a testament to his character and determination. 

But it feels like years since he played regularly so in terms of quality, I'll need to be convinced that he has enough of it these days to compete in a squad challenging for Europe. I do trust Rodgers though so happy to back him in how he thinks James can fit in. Part of me does think though that he only got the chance to play because all other central midfielders had been used or weren't available. 

Let's face it, if Mendy or Choudhury were available, I very much doubt James gets near the subs bench. Ndidi obviously would have played if available. For James, I think it's fortunate there were injuries and suspensions that coincided with being fit again. 

It's nice for James to come back and get into a match, but the reality is that any minutes he gets are likely taken directly from Praet, who deserves more than he's getting already.  And if you believe that's a good thing, let's just say I vehemently disagree.

• Like 1

James is a player I admire a lot. He must have terrific mental strength to keep bouncing back and always getting himself to a standard where he is fit again to play. 

I really hope he can keep injury free and become a part of our squad. Like I say, although it wasn't long, in the 8 minutes he showed good confidence and composure. For a player who has been out for the length he has, it was great to see he could come on and immediately match the tempo of the game.