Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Bookies don't fancy us for a Euro Spot.

40 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What i want is for us to be built up to a level sort of like Everton, where we can have a bad season yet not be in any real danger of relegation. I don't know exactly how you get to that sort of state. Stoke finished 9th 3 years in a row and look at them now.

Yes definitely agree with this!

At the end of the day, as long as we remain ambitious with a clear strategy and can stay well ahead of the lower mid table teams, we should be happy with that no matter where we finish in the top half.

It's a balance between wanting to constantly move forward and setting goals to do so, but also not getting upset and ripping the plan up if we don't meet them......

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I was looking to put a bet on us to finish top six.  I only ever really bet on the National and am a bit useless.  Where would one find the best odds for such a bet?  X

Best to have a search through all the different online bookies, as I found to my cost, I put my normal few quid on us to win the league with betfair and only got 1500/1, apparently some lucky buggers got 5000/1 ?

• Like 1

I think it will be more like this:

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham

4. LEICESTER 

5. Arsenal

6. Chelsea

7. Man United

8. West Ham 

9. Everton 

10. Wolves

11. Watford 

12. Crystal Palace 

13. Aston Villa 

14. Bournemouth 

15. Burnley 

16. Newcastle 

17. Southampton 

18. Sheffield United

19. Norwich 

20. Brighton

4th place is there for the taking this season, let's make it ours.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-miss-out-europe-3105498

Leicester City to miss out on Europe again - bookmakers predict 2019/20 Premier League table
The Foxes are being tipped to miss out on Europe again

ByJamie KembleAidan McCartney
08:00, 19 JUL 2019UPDATED08:01, 19 JUL 2019

The bookmakers have predicted Leicester City will miss out on Europe again next season.

The combined bookies’ odds from across the United Kingdom reveal the Foxes are largely being tipped to miss out on the top seven.

In fact, the predictions have City as low as ninth and should that prove accurate, City will finish in that position for the third straight season.

Meanwhile, Manchester City are expected to lift the title again, just ahead of Liverpool.

Elsewhere in the top four, Tottenham are being tipped for a promising season, finishing third, just ahead of Chelsea, who, if the bookies are to be trusted, will claim the final Champions League spot.

Manchester United and Arsenal are likely candidates for the Europa League as far as the bookmakers are concerned, along with Wolves, who are being tipped for a another seventh-place finish.

At the bottom end of the table, Sheffield United and Norwich are tipped to go straight back down, finishing 20th and 19th respectively.

But Aston Villa are being tipped to beat the drop with a 15th-place finish projected.

Burnley are the third most likely team to face relegation, just ahead of Brighton, who battled relegation last term.

You can view the full table as predicted by bookmakers below

Manchester City

Liverpool

Tottenham

Chelsea

Manchester United

Arsenal

Wolves

Everton

Leicester

West Ham

Newcastle

Watford

Southampton

Crystal Palace

Aston Villa

Bournemouth

Brighton

Burnley

Norwich

Sheffield United

D_r00gyWsAEk43i.png:large

Don't think we should take too much notice of the bookies, look who they had to win league 2 last season.... that didn't quite work out did it .

I’d much rather the bookies predict us to finish lower than we think we’ll finish... keeps us under the radar at the beginning of the season. 

I think weve we’ve got a good chance to break into the top 6. I think too 4 is too much to ask. Key will be getting some early wins (although first few fixtures are tough) and we must lay down a marker against Wolves on the first day. 

I hoovered up some of the 6s a month a go for top 6. Generally 9/2 now so shortened significantly which is understandable given the Perez and Tielemens signings.

The bookies are right. We are unlikely to finish top 6. However 5/1 or above to finish in there is good value to me.

I also don't get the sentiment from some on here of "keep the expectations low". Rodgers is gunning for 6th or above, the players will be doing likewise. The fans need to too.

I've got to say with Europe factored in I fancy us to come above Wolves. Everton and West Ham shouldn't be ignored by us.

I really think we'll come above Arsenal though. I reckon they're going to have a genuine howler season and I don't mean just stutter to 6th - I'm talking about 9th. There are so many reasons to think they'll do badly. Defence is awful, lost their best midfielder on a free and don't have a massive budget to fix things, and even then I'm not sure they'll make the right moves.

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

I think it will be more like this:

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham

4. LEICESTER 

5. Arsenal

6. Chelsea

7. Man United

8. West Ham 

9. Everton 

10. Wolves

11. Watford 

12. Crystal Palace 

13. Aston Villa 

14. Bournemouth 

15. Burnley 

16. Newcastle 

17. Southampton 

18. Sheffield United

19. Norwich 

20. Brighton

4th place is there for the taking this season, let's make it ours.

Admire your optimism, but there's no chance we will finish above Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U. One of them at a push and then we'd also have to finish above Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Watford which is by no means a gimmie. I think we'll finish 8th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trabuch said:

Look where they've got Newcastle. They're clueless.

Look where they’ve got Leeds. Probably due to money going on them but they are a shambles at the minute (like Newcastle) and will finish nowhere near the top. 

Here's my prediction:

1. Man City

2. Tottenham

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal 

5. Chelsea

6. Man Utd

7. Everton

8. LEICESTER

9. Wolves 

10. West Ham Utd

11. Southampton

12. Aston Villa

13. Watford

14. Burnley

15. Bournemouth

16. Brighton

17. Crystal Palace

18. Sheffield United

19. Newcastle 

20. Norwich

• Like 1

A few weeks ago Newcastle were 5th or 6th favourites for the title because of the obviously untrue rumours about them being bought out. Odds are arbitrary things and are influenced by betting patterns, if 25 of us all put a big wedge on us right now our odds will come down 

Its exciting times for us once again and we should be optimistic, however there will be clubs like West Ham and Everton who will fancy a pop at he top 6 as well and you usually get one or two "shocks" so I understand where the bookies are coming from here.

A pre-season with Brendan and a few signings should be amazing for the team and squad but we have to remember that we finished 53 points away from Man City (roughly 18 wins), 28 points behind 4th (approx. 9 wins) and 16 points behind 6th (approx.5 wins). That is going to need a monumental swing in performance to get into the top 4 or even top 6. We have plenty of reasons to be excited though, especially as so many of those above us will be playing in Europe which will increase their workload but we should do a Claudio and just talk about getting to 40 points and avoiding relegation again LOL 

My prediction:

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham

4. Chelsea

5. Everton

6. Arsenal 

7. LEICESTER

8. Man Utd

9. West Ham Utd

10. Wolves

11. Watford