Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Bookies don't fancy us for a Euro Spot.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-miss-out-europe-3105498

Leicester City to miss out on Europe again - bookmakers predict 2019/20 Premier League table
The Foxes are being tipped to miss out on Europe again

ByJamie KembleAidan McCartney
08:00, 19 JUL 2019UPDATED08:01, 19 JUL 2019

The bookmakers have predicted Leicester City will miss out on Europe again next season.

The combined bookies’ odds from across the United Kingdom reveal the Foxes are largely being tipped to miss out on the top seven.

In fact, the predictions have City as low as ninth and should that prove accurate, City will finish in that position for the third straight season.

Meanwhile, Manchester City are expected to lift the title again, just ahead of Liverpool.

Elsewhere in the top four, Tottenham are being tipped for a promising season, finishing third, just ahead of Chelsea, who, if the bookies are to be trusted, will claim the final Champions League spot.

Manchester United and Arsenal are likely candidates for the Europa League as far as the bookmakers are concerned, along with Wolves, who are being tipped for a another seventh-place finish.

At the bottom end of the table, Sheffield United and Norwich are tipped to go straight back down, finishing 20th and 19th respectively.

But Aston Villa are being tipped to beat the drop with a 15th-place finish projected.

Burnley are the third most likely team to face relegation, just ahead of Brighton, who battled relegation last term.

You can view the full table as predicted by bookmakers below

Manchester City

Liverpool

Tottenham

Chelsea

Manchester United

Arsenal

Wolves

Everton

Leicester

West Ham

Newcastle

Watford

Southampton

Crystal Palace

Aston Villa

Bournemouth

Brighton

Burnley

Norwich

Sheffield United

D_r00gyWsAEk43i.png:large

I can't see a finish as low as 9th happening again this season. With Rodgers managing instead of Puel, Tielemans here from the start of the season, and Perez linking midfield to Vardy, plus hopefully a bit more strength in depth, I'm sure we'll do better than last season.

I've no doubt that, at the very least least, one of Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea are in for a proper stinker of a season. I'll predict that one of them will miss out on Europe by a distance.

I don't like to set myself up for disappointment, but all the signs point to us having a good season. I'll predict 7th, at least.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I was looking to put a bet on us to finish top six.  I only ever really bet on the National and am a bit useless.  Where would one find the best odds for such a bet?  X

Premier League top 6 finish

Bet Victor will give you 10/1 which seems a bit daft, as the rest are only offering around 4/1

edit.  Scrap that Bet victor has already dropped its odds to 4's.

Edited by pSinatra
  • Like 1

Don't be disappointed to see Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal above Leicester, or anyone you think might break into the top 6.  Betting odds reflect where the money is going.  If you've read Redcafe, you'll know that there's millions of people all over the world who refuse to accept that it has become a basket case.  They'll be lumping all their money on their team based on blind faith - just like they've always done.  This is just the bookmakers reducing their risk & isn't based (largely) on any detailed analysis.

Edited by pSinatra
  • Like 2

What i want is for us to be built up to a level sort of like Everton, where we can have a bad season yet not be in any real danger of relegation. I don't know exactly how you get to that sort of state. Stoke finished 9th 3 years in a row and look at them now.

36 minutes ago, Ron Combo said:

I can't access UK bookies' prices from here. Anybody know the general odds in the UK on us winning the FA Cup?

Bet365 in Italy are offering 34/1.

I got 16/1

• Like 1