Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Bookies don't fancy us for a Euro Spot.

This seems reasonable to me.

The usual top six have to be favourites to finish there again

We’re in a group with teams like Wolves, Everton and West Ham as the chasing bunch

Our personal views are just that and won’t  reflect the market. I’m sure there will be a lot of expectation around Wolves and Everton this season.

Personally I could see us finishing anywhere from 5th to 14th. We are Leicester after all - and half way between those levels is:

9th 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

People are more confident than I am. I hope and I think there is a chance we could challenge but that's it. I don't want to get into a position where people are expecting a top 6 finish and we will see Rodgers out threads if we're not. You could put us, Wolves, Everton and West Ham in line because we all have as much chance as eachother to gatecrash the top 6, however one of them teams could finish as low down as 10th. Its competitive.

I don’t think many people are expecting a top 6 finish, but I think that the majority of fans recognise what a fantastic opportunity we have this season to break into the European positions, not only because of our potential strength but also because of certain ‘big clubs’ enduring less than productive spells. 

1 hour ago, Swiss_tony said:

How are newcastle so high. They're losing players and have just appointed Mr PL relegation as manager

He's been relegated from the premier league twice, and one of those was in 2006. Hardly Mr PL relegation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2019 at 10:24, RowlattsFox said:

People are more confident than I am. I hope and I think there is a chance we could challenge but that's it. I don't want to get into a position where people are expecting a top 6 finish and we will see Rodgers out threads if we're not. You could put us, Wolves, Everton and West Ham in line because we all have as much chance as eachother to gatecrash the top 6, however one of them teams could finish as low down as 10th. Its competitive.

Exactly my stance...The ambition nothing wrong with that..it's the expectation of some forum members,and it's not the young ones!

I have seen Pre-season, Manutd & Arsenal, they are looking tidy,and they will be pushing for that top 4. They won't worry about looking behind them..

We are underrating that squad-quality gap between top 6,and the also rans.

All other teams mentioned,have got good enough 1st teams to gatecrash anywhere in the top 6. But also any laxcidasical runs,could find themselves

Having difficulties holding top 10.

Examples are Everton & W.Ham. look good on paper,but in the end,every season they just don't cut it. 

We have made massive progress,away from relegation-14th candidates, now we are playing reasonable result style football and held those top 10 positions,

Now this coming season,we see a more improved talented squad...

Like the others,instead of relegation fears,we as a club,have reached that first ambitious level of consistently being able to "challenge" for top 6,and look healthy in at least one of the cup competitions..The future looks bright,but we shouldn't start having any entitled expectations. We haven't yet achieved, even earnt or got near those

Consistent top 6-4 ambitions.

If we  improve our weekly, monthly, seasonal performances,which sees us being competitive,but fall just short,then I will be more than happy.

We have to remember who we are and where we came from,and use "that"  to gatecrash into those covetted ,so seen unattainable higher positions.

We might chastise Spurs,but they are irritating the real big money clubs,we have to somehow use their slipstream, and see if we can come up to their new found level...where we can't win,is compete being in a permanent catchment area like many London clubs.

I wouldn't mind a few seasons of bottling it,like Spurs!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I do wonder why so many fans are confident this year, is it really based on reality or just wishful thinking?  I can't see a top6/7 finish, I see a mid table finish, but I HOPE they are right and I'm wrong.

We ve got a good squad.  This year we are not hampered by the strange ideas and lack of leadership that was claud puel

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I do wonder why so many fans are confident this year, is it really based on reality or just wishful thinking?  I can't see a top6/7 finish, I see a mid table finish, but I HOPE they are right and I'm wrong.

We're a bit of an echo chamber at the moment, turbocharged by a few journos saying we'll gatecrash the top 4 becasue we have young stars like Demarai Gray. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We ve got a good squad.  This year we are not hampered by the strange ideas and lack of leadership that was claud puel

Sorry but Puel was good for Leicester,and finishing nineth and having done more good than bad in the transfer market....A shakey group of players who had to learn to rethink their own weekly tactical nous...Rodgers took over a good tactical set up team & squad. That was

thanks to Puel...

He somehow just couldn't instill that frontfoot commitment,we made fun of his repetitive " intensiviteeeeee" but that is exactly the gameday discipline we missed..and we saw Puel get frustrated,when we went on the backfoot and made too many square passes,with no 'intent' for 5-15 minutes.

Suddenly a new manager, known he doesn't bother with ' big names' and has his hard & gruff side. Suddenly the front 5 started to show they can play differently,the defence moved the ball quicker...Yes we found Tielemans,and after injuries Maddison started to find his form again...but the base was set under Puel,who maybe didn't have that strong character to force the issue...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry but Puel was good for Leicester,and finishing nineth and having done more good than bad in the transfer market....A shakey group of players who had to learn to rethink their own weekly tactical nous...Rodgers took over a good tactical set up team & squad. That was

thanks to Puel...

He somehow just couldn't instill that frontfoot commitment,we made fun of his repetitive " intensiviteeeeee" but that is exactly the gameday discipline we missed..and we saw Puel get frustrated,when we went on the backfoot and made too many square passes,with no 'intent' for 5-15 minutes.

Suddenly a new manager, known he doesn't bother with ' big names' and has his hard & gruff side. Suddenly the front 5 started to show they can play differently,the defence moved the ball quicker...Yes we found Tielemans,and after injuries Maddison started to find his form again...but the base was set under Puel,who maybe didn't have that strong character to force the issue...

Not to spend too much time raking over the pros and cons of puel. ....

...I dont doubt his technical ability.... but i hated his inability to make decisions during the games or even at half time. ... i disliked watching his team's in ability to breakdown poor quality opposition... (eg the southampton cup game was just one of many examples)... and his lack of inpirational leadership.

This last was key. 

Yet now we have a manager who has authority and positivity..... i would be disappointed with 9th this year

Edited by foxinsocks

28 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Not to spend too much time raking over the pros and cons of puel. ....

...I dont doubt his technical ability.... but i hated his inability to make decisions during the games or even at half time. ... i disliked watching his team's in ability to breakdown poor quality opposition... (eg the southampton cup game was just one of many examples)... and his lack of inpirational leadership.

This last was key. 

Yet now we have a manager who has authority and positivity..... i would be disappointed with 9th this year

No another top half finish,won't disappoint me,so long as we our football improves and we are more committed.

Besides the normal top 6, there are at least another 3-5 teams,who have taken their squad and ambitions up a notch.

It's football,it ain't gonna get easier just because we have started,only started to look at,and buy above our normal stream of players,and we have a young bunch of players either knocking on the door or have already  broke through it.

That future potential,stays that until we have earnt the right on the pitch...

Fans forum antics & desperate expectations and clutching out for high success..just ain't going to change it!!

I prefer to sit,back and relax,and enjoy what is played out before me,no expectation on position & placings,enjoy the competition,have my dreams & hopes,while I support my home town.

I expect better performances but not more. It's extra gravy,if we achieve to realise our higher ambitions...

If others want to go on a desperate entitled path ,that's up to them..!!

But the world is trying to reduce plastics,so I prefer to go through the

the incoveniences,that life gives us..:D

Would love to see a top 6 finish but i'd be happy with 8th. As long as the gap in points between us and 6th isn't too much that would be a decent season. We have the new training ground to come so i'm still confident we can attract the right players to maintain our push for top 6. These numbers are just about taking bets. 

Up the foxes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm with you, think it's partly keeping Tielemans and the new manager boost we got last season, I suspect things will be very different under a second season with Rodgers but we'll see