Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Cheltenham Away Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Guppy saying this "much more  experienced team" will cause them more problems. It's nothing to do with experience, it's about their ability. 

I mean he is right  to a degree - the goal was a case in point. Campbell was a bit naive and got bullied off it by veteran striker Varney, for example.

They're also defending deep as a unit against a forward line of what, a 20, 22 and 19 years old I think?

Ability does play a part, but don't underestimate nous and experience.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

I get that this is about fitness and sharpness and we shouldn't take too much stock on the results... But a bit of hunger and desire wouldn't go amiss. 

That's the other side of getting fitter, to push on a bit more and up your limits. Some of these lads still look like they're having a holiday kick about a bit. 

On the plus side, this is a totally disjointed team and filled with U23s so far. Can't expect to set the world on fire. Fair play to Cheltenham for being quite solid too. 

• Like 2

Just now, CloudFox said:

I mean he is right  to a degree - the goal was a case in point. Campbell was a bit naive and got bullied off it by veteran striker Varney, for example.

They're also defending deep as a unit against a forward line of what, a 20, 22 and 19 years old I think?

Ability does okay a part, but don't underestimate nous and experience.

These players age 28, 30, 27 would have the same problem bewuase they're not that good. Iheanacho at 30 isn't going to be any different to the player he is now. 

Also can we give Nacho a bit of a break in pre-season at least?

a) as Geoff and others have mentioned friendly results really don't matter, much as we may all take them to heart

b) he had very little service aside from the cracking crosses from Elder. Those aren't easy goals to score

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

These players age 28, 30, 27 would have the same problem bewuase they're not that good. Iheanacho at 30 isn't going to be any different to the player he is now. 

Can I have next week's winning lottery numbers then too while you're at it? ?

Edited by CloudFox

57 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

anyone else's lcfc tv stream crap? it keeps stutrering non stop... cant watch it like this ffs

LCFC stream was great for me.

48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

wheres ghezzal? Could he be leaving?!? :wub:

Hope so. He has wonderful skills but is far too slow.

13 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

we are losing to them tbf haha

It's the second pre-season game. Who cares?

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That was worse than watching paint dry.

Only guy who looked decent was George Thomas.

Not sure what you're hoping for from this game, especially with that line up.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think they get longer breaks due to playing internationals? 

Same as Maddison, Barnes, Choudhury. 

Why though? Maguire was on the same gig as Chilwell and Schmeichel had no extra schedule than Tielemans, Soyuncu etc. In fact even Daniel Iversen has been involved more who was at the U21 tournament that only finished a few weeks ago. Odd.

2 minutes ago, Huli said:

You guys attacking Iheanacho is tiring. Give it a rest.

I thought he was excellent and I'd be glad if he started every game instead of Vardy this season. Is that better?