Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He had a blip when he was quite clearly in need of a rest. Slowly coming back into his own. Some of our fan base are vile. Is it really that hard to be able to say that a player hasn’t played well or is going through a poor run of form without coming across as borderline abusive? 

True, but I am sure many fans were blaming Rodgers for not resting him rather than abusing Tielemans.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He had a blip when he was quite clearly in need of a rest. Slowly coming back into his own. Some of our fan base are vile. Is it really that hard to be able to say that a player hasn’t played well or is going through a poor run of form without coming across as borderline abusive? 

I agree, same should be said for Maddison and Chilwell.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bert said:

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

I agree, same should be said for Maddison and Chilwell.

I am in complete agreement, and its disgusting, but its not even new.

The overload of recency bias causes judgement on a very (very) short term basis, and that coupled with a mistaken belief that some are entitled to results/performances makes the environment more toxic.

Downside of success I guess.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

He is the one that actually makes us tick when he's on and still plays a part when he's off form (telling people we're to be etc). Future captain and hopefully will hit the heights of hazard and kdb in time. 

Love the guy

I love Matt Piper but on the BBC football forum he said Youri had an off game...and I don't think he did? Other than the first 20 minutes when everyone was rattled. He grew into the game, always made himself available for the pass and played an excellent ball for the first goal. I think that was two assists for the game?

He is slow. But he brings so much to the table. We are a better team with him in it. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Lets not forget this is his first 'full season' in the PL.. bound to have a moment of poor form and tiredness through the difficult winter period.

Let's not forget how long it took Kevin to become a top player, he was on the frindges for a long time if I remember correc reck

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

As of now he is our lowest rated midfielder and a long way behind Maddison. He has rarely been downright bad just too many moderate games . His talent is undeniable but he needs to start every game determined to dominate in midfield , never going to be easy but let's see the intent in his play .Chiwell and Barnes are looking a lot more like it now, need to see the same from him.

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As of now he is our lowest rated midfielder and a long way behind Maddison. He has rarely been downright bad just too many moderate games . His talent is undeniable but he needs to start every game determined to dominate in midfield , never going to be easy but let's see the intent in his play .Chiwell and Barnes are looking a lot more like it now, need to see the same from him.

compared with who ??  madders isn't in top form and wilf has hardly played in a month...…. you seem to have an agenda …. are you dennis' agent ??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Disagree massively.

Off form and tired but no way lowest rated by a long shot, and now on his way back. Moreso than chilwell and barnes imo who have had one decent enough outing. Probably better than tielemans in the last match but over a slightly longer period. No chance imo.

It's all about opinions innit. I get that yours is different to mine but how different it is surprises me.

Edited by gw_leics772

2 hours ago, Gwyn said:

Let's not forget how long it took Kevin to become a top player, he was on the frindges for a long time if I remember correc reck

Let's not forget that we are going to finish in top 4 this season!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

compared with who ??  madders isn't in top form and wilf has hardly played in a month...…. you seem to have an agenda …. are you dennis' agent ??

I was quite shocked to learn that Maddison hasn't directly contributed to an assist in the league since August, that can't be true? Have we not scored any corners or free kicks directly from his delivery? Soyuncu vs Palace? Either way it highlights something to me, both Maddison and Tielemans don't seem to be taking up the same spaces they were as last season where they provided lots of goals in quick succession under Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was quite shocked to learn that Maddison hasn't directly contributed to an assist in the league since August, that can't be true? Have we not scored any corners or free kicks directly from his delivery? Soyuncu vs Palace? Either way it highlights something to me, both Maddison and Tielemans don't seem to be taking up the same spaces they were as last season where they provided lots of goals in quick succession under Rodgers.

You’re right - it can’t ....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Very misleading stats out there, PL website says he has 5 assists, other sites say 3 assists. Of those 3 assists only 1 was from open play vs Sheffield Utd in August, the other 2 were Ndidi's vs Chelsea the 2nd game of the season and Soyuncu's vs Palace. I'm astonished he's only 1 assist from open play.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That really seems off, aside from maybe 2 or 3 games he always seems on the ball for me, playing decently creatively and progressively. I guess it's possible but if it is the case it's probably more down to poor finishing than his service.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very misleading stats out there, PL website says he has 5 assists, other sites say 3 assists. Of those 3 assists only 1 was from open play vs Sheffield Utd in August, the other 2 were Ndidi's vs Chelsea the 2nd game of the season and Soyuncu's vs Palace. I'm astonished he's only 1 assist from open play.

Did he not get one for Kelechi's goal vs Villa?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The overload of recency bias causes judgement on a very (very) short term basis, and that coupled with a mistaken belief that some are entitled to results/performances makes the environment more toxic.

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

lollollol

Will never get why some on here get so touchy when certain players are criticized. SMH

Yes, some of the criticism can be OTT (especially just after we have suffered a poor loss or result), but so also can the praise of players on here. It's all part of fandom.

On Tielemans himself, yet to see anyone on FT who doubts his talent (and I stand to be corrected). In fact, the worst most people said was that he should be rested.

Nonetheless, I personally had/have no qualms of Tielemans being criticized as he struggled through his poor patch. NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN CITY NOR BEYOND CRITICISM!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much better at Chelsea, and given that BR says we have been running on empty since Xmas, the reasons for him coming off the boil seem pretty clear now. I think BR should have (with hindsight) rotated more after the second string performed so well in early January.

But a more general point is that I have heard it said that Youri is always first in the gym, and presumably that strengthening work is partly a response to the physicality of the PL midfield battle. He naturally has that Beckham like width/stockiness to him, which is presumably part of the reason for his excellent passing range, but it also means he is not a natural runner. Now we have already seen this season that Kelachi is at least a stone lighter than the season before, and quite possibly more. Someone has convinced him (or instructed him) to lay off the weights, and it is surely part of the reason he has been transformed, looking much more mobile and actually being able to hold off (some) defenders in a foot race. Interestingly he is still holding the ball up well, so his reduced strength has not hindered him too much.

Now Youri is an absolutely fantastic technical footballer, but I reckon he is paying the price for carrying quite a lot of muscle for a player who, like most footballers who are not CB's or stay-at-home FB's, is running close to the physical equivalent of a marathon every game. He is still new to a full season so I hope that he will find a better balance next year, when he will also have a little more stamina due to him approaching his peak years.

Whatever he gains from the extra strength and muscle, he is losing over that crucial first few yards, imho. Like with Kelachi, I am not saying he will ever be quick, but it would help if he was a bit more mobile. Bear in mind that what might help you over 10 or 12 games largely played weekly (ie last season), may be unsustainable by mid-season when you are playing every 3 -5 days.

That's my take on him anyway.

• Like 3