Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

49 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51612884

A law allowing parents to terminate pregnancies where the foetus has Down's syndrome at any time up until its birth should be changed, campaigners say.

An interesting news topic to discuss I think. Personally, against the idea of changing the law. A friend of the family has a child with down's, he's a lovely kid without doubt but the chances of him leading his own independent life are slim to none. Think it's fair to say it takes a certain type of extraordinary person to be able to cope with the issues raised, but just because they are able to cope does that make it fair to assume everyone should be able to? 

Interested to see how much traction this gains. The abortion law is fairly old now and perceptions have changed a fair bit regarding disabilities since then imo. 

I'm with you on this one, but then I tend to veer pro choice on this matter regardless of the condition of the foetus for my own bodily autonomy related reasons.

On 22/02/2020 at 17:56, Finnaldo said:

He shot up two shisha bars in an area with a high migrant demographic, other than his mother all victims were immigrants. I really don’t think it’s hard to assume this was a far-right backed attack. If a guy called Abdul shot up two cafes in London we’re all going to assume it’s an Islamic fundamentalist terror attack. 

The reason I question your worldview is because previously when I’ve bought up the increasing trend of far right terror attacks as another poster has in this thread, you went straight on some tangent about how we’ll have to wait and see if there’s a rise in Leftist terror attacks.

You seem to give more leeway to Neo-Nazi terrorists than moderate left wing politicians, which is what I find so baffling.

Again, all we know right now is that he acted on his own, deranged behalf. So far, there has been no information with regards to a connection to right-wing extremists or that he had any sort of willful support from right-wing extremists. Police claim he didn't reveal a single word about his plans to any outside person.

According to latest news, three of the bar victims were German, one German-Afghan, two Turks, one Bulgarian, one Romanian, one Bosniak. Not that in line with the "immigrant" thesis. There were also other Germans in the bars as guests, people that luckily remained unharmed.

Two of the victims were shot in their cars.

With regards to Islamic fundamentalist attacks, there usually is/was an ISIS or Djihadi letter from an organization claiming the deed as its own. And put the amount of Islamist attacks where an individual hasn't had religious motives in comparison to the ones with a religious background. You can easily guess where the majority is. In those cases, it's safe to assume it is organized religious terror.

I'm of the opinion that we should be wary of right-wing extremism and violence, but equally wary of left-wing attacks. Recently, I've found an article where a German professor from Dresden specializing in extremism is criticizing his own ilk (and the media) for not reporting enough on or not covering extremists on the far left (violent anarchists, marxists, communists, and the likes).

https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/schweiz/linksextreme-sind-gewalttaetiger-als-rechtsextreme-die-wahrnehmung-ist-dennoch-eine-andere-131785311

(Google Translate it into English if you're interested)

It's the public perception that is a false one. We put too much emphasis on one side, whilst neglecting the other. I think most people would agree that we need fairness in the amount or style of coverage. I'm a bit tired of this one-sided, freeloader attitude in the media.

Whilst left-wing extremism usually tends to target (bourgeois) infrastructure, they do accept fatalities in the process.

Just out of curiousity, which "moderate left-wing politicians" are you referring to?

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

According to latest news, three of the bar victims were German, one German-Afghan, two Turks, one Bulgarian, one Romanian, one Bosniak. Not that in line with the "immigrant" thesis. There were also other Germans in the bars as guests, people that luckily remained unharmed.

Two of these people were shot in their cars.

That’s 6 immigrants. It’s almost completely in line with the immigrant theory to be fair. It’s not certainly the case, but as I said, there’s a fair chance it may well be. As I said you keep going back to lone wolf but that’s a tried and tested method of Neo-Nazi terrorism. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm of the opinion that we should be wary of right-wing extremism and violence, but equally wary of left-wing attacks. Recently, I've found an article where a German professor from Dresden specializing in extremism is criticizing his own ilk (and the media) for not reporting enough on or not covering extremists on the far left (violent anarchists, Marxists, communists, and the likes).

https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/schweiz/linksextreme-sind-gewalttaetiger-als-rechtsextreme-die-wahrnehmung-ist-dennoch-eine-andere-131785311

(Google Translate it into English if you're interested)

It's the public perception that is a false one. We put too much emphasis on one side, whilst neglecting the other. I think most people would agree that we need fairness in the amount or style of coverage. I'm a bit tired of this one-sided, freeloader attitude in the media.

Whilst left-wing extremism usually tends to target (bourgeois) infrastructure, they do accept fatalities in the process.

It’s only worth being equally wary of left-wing terrorism if it’s equally a threat. I’m not saying there’s not left-wing violence, and there’s plenty of black mask bellends running around playing little Stalin. But that’s not the same as blokes shooting up high density areas with automatic or semi-auto weapons. It needs to be monitored if it was to become an issue, but as of right now the far-right is much further ahead in terms of terrorist threat.

• Like 2

At last it all begins to make sense. We all assumed that the voting in of a majority Tory government reflected a desire on the part of the great British public to hasten the escape from the demonic grip of the hated EU, but it seems it was as much about shaking off the burden of life itself, and become truly free once and for all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51619608

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

3 times already this morning my body's changed its mind about needing a poo once I've sat down to do the deed.

Let's hope it doesn't change its mind about not needing one once you're walking down the street....

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

3 times already this morning my body's changed its mind about needing a poo once I've sat down to do the deed.

Ah, you need to outmanoeuvre it, out wit it, be smarter, know what it’s up to. You need to make it think your going out, will risk it and hey presto the sneaky little shit will make its move.

In a nutshell you need to think like a poo to beat a poo.  Works a lot in life, that. :D

17 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

That’s 6 immigrants. It’s almost completely in line with the immigrant theory to be fair. It’s not certainly the case, but as I said, there’s a fair chance it may well be. As I said you keep going back to lone wolf but that’s a tried and tested method of Neo-Nazi terrorism. 

It’s only worth being equally wary of left-wing terrorism if it’s equally a threat. I’m not saying there’s not left-wing violence, and there’s plenty of black mask bellends running around playing little Stalin. But that’s not the same as blokes shooting up high density areas with automatic or semi-auto weapons. It needs to be monitored if it was to become an issue, but as of right now the far-right is much further ahead in terms of terrorist threat.

Just yesterday, Germany saw a 29-year old plough his car into a crowd during a local carnival celebration, hitting dozens of people, mostly kids.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-carnival-crash-driver/driver-of-car-in-german-carnival-crash-was-29-year-old-german-police-to-media-idUSKCN20I1WD

Let's look at the common denominator - in the case of Germany, the culprits are mostly men, white and angry at the world for feeling left out. Does that make them terrorists? Not necessarily. I'd say the issue lies deeper. We're looking at a generation of frustrated (young) men these days, taking it out on others for ridiculous personal reasons.

Another two cents on the "immigrant" angle: These guys target crowds of people enjoying themselves, not because they are "foreigners". These men are bereft of any sort of feeling of joy, they are empty shells, depressed, alone, with little to no self-worth and/or a history of mental illness, caught up in odd fantasies and conspiracy theories.

Are they a threat? Absolutely. Can similar people be taken out or eliminated as a preventive measure? Good luck, we still can't foresee criminal acts. Otherwise, you'd have to control an entire population, which is impossible.

Are these men a threat in relative terms? I'd argue that there are other groups way more dangerous on this planet. Right-wing extremism may be on the rise, but it still fades in comparison to religious terrorist groups.

In the case of right-wing vs. left-wing extremists, Statista compiled a list for 2018 Germany here:

https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/4721/umfrage/vergleich-der-anzahl-von-rechten-und-linken-gewalttaten/

You see that the threat potential is about the same, it just manifests in different categories.

The media make it about a "terrorist" angle way too quickly these days, and tend to jump to sudden conclusions out of a particular reflex (or because it sells well).

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Harvey Weinstein has been found guilty of two counts of sexual assault.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Bill Cosby has come out in support of him I see.

Good news. I just hope we'll see more victims coming forward and more culprits being sentenced accordingly.

There's a whole industry within the industry that sees young men fall victim to abuse by men and women also.

18 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Harvey Weinstein has been found guilty of two counts of sexual assault.

I doubt he will do everyone a favor and do an Epstein. he thought his wealth would make things go away by paying people off and when that didn't work he tried looking ill and frail with a zimmerframe hoping for sympathy. the guy is a total sleazeball and scumbag. he can either die or rot in jail. his choice.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

I doubt he will do everyone a favor and do an Epstein. he thought his wealth would make things go away by paying people off and when that didn't work he tried looking ill and frail with a zimmerframe hoping for sympathy. the guy is a total sleazeball and scumbag. he can either die or rot in jail. his choice.

I hope he does do an Epstein and not kill himself, needs to face the punishment for his actions.

• Like 1

Ya'll really think Epstein killed himself? That's cute.

A forensic pathologist hired by Jeffrey Epstein’s brother disputed the official finding in the autopsy of his death, claiming on Wednesday that the evidence suggested that he did not take his own life but may have been strangled. "... the private pathologist, Dr. Michael Baden, said on the morning TV show “Fox & Friends” that Mr. Epstein, 66, experienced a number of injuries — among them a broken bone in his neck — that “are extremely unusual in suicidal hangings and could occur much more commonly in homicidal strangulation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/30/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-homicide-autopsy-michael-baden.html

Jail video of Jeffrey Epstein’s first suicide attempt was deleted, prosecutors reveal. "Surveillance video footage from outside the jail cell of accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein during his first reported suicide attempt in July has been inadvertently deleted, federal prosecutors revealed Thursday."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/09/jail-video-of-jeffrey-epsteins-first-suicide-attempt-was-deleted.html

Jeffrey Epstein's Prison Guards Are Indicted On Federal Charges. "Two correctional officers who were assigned to guard Jeffrey Epstein on the night he died in his cell have been indicted for allegedly ignoring more than 75 mandatory checks on the wealthy financier then fabricating records to cover it up."

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/19/780794931/prosecutors-charge-correctional-officers-who-guarded-jeffrey-epstein-before-his-

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, StanSP said:

Duffy explains reasons she stopped music... 

. :o

IMG_20200225_220030.thumb.jpg.74a6f537c0b2344eaa7bccf4eaa4184a.jpg

Heard this on the radio this morning.Always used to talk to the wife about where she’d gone.Presumed she’d turned to song writing and melted into the background for the quite life.How tragic,as she was such a talent.

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Meanwhile we're still seeing people justify doing nothing because they're annoyed by an extreme protest group.

Change is hard. Empathy rarely extends beyond the next decade or human line of sight.

Those two things represent the greatest threat to the long term survival of civilisation.