Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

10 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I think they should spread 13k extra seats across the east and south stands! 45k capacity....Boom! Biggest ground in the midlands!Cant see why it can’t be done.Not sure how much more it would cost,but definitely worth thinking about imo.:fc::D

I would love that. I think the club would probably rather do just the east stand first, though, if only to test the water.

If we're selling out a 40/42k stadium down the line, then I think the south stand would be expanded (I guess around an extra 6k seats - 46/48k total).

I'm really hoping for at least 1 seat more than Villa Park, as well. :fc:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I would love that. I think the club would probably rather do just the east stand first, though, if only to test the water.

If we're selling out a 40/42k stadium down the line, then I think the south stand would be expanded (I guess around an extra 6k seats - 46/48k total).

Biggest stadium in the midlands on the whole would be pretty sexy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Biggest stadium in the midlands on the whole would be pretty sexy.

It certainly would be.If we stay consistent near the top of the prem,I think they would have to expand the south stand.The demand would def be there.Im sure I’ve read somewhere that the total expansion of the KP could be 55k.But like Raw Dykes said 46/48k would be awesome!
We can all hope!:clap:

5 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

It certainly would be.If we stay consistent near the top of the prem,I think they would have to expand the south stand.The demand would def be there.Im sure I’ve read somewhere that the total expansion of the KP could be 55k.But like Raw Dykes said 46/48k would be awesome!
We can all hope!:clap:

I agree. It's a big if, but if we can carry on competing for Europe for some time, then it's possible we'll be expanding the KP more than once.

I don't think we'll need anywhere near 50k any time soon! However, I think the required space is there. If expanding the east stand takes capacity to around 41k, then expanding the south or north stand would add around 6k seats. Filling the southeast corner, I guess, would add around another 5k. There's not as much room behind the north stand as the south, but there is some scope. 55k maxed out sounds about right. I'd love to see what that would look like.

35 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree. It's a big if, but if we can carry on competing for Europe for some time, then it's possible we'll be expanding the KP more than once.

I don't think we'll need anywhere near 50k any time soon! However, I think the required space is there. If expanding the east stand takes capacity to around 41k, then expanding the south or north stand would add around 6k seats. Filling the southeast corner, I guess, would add around another 5k. There's not as much room behind the north stand as the south, but there is some scope. 55k maxed out sounds about right. I'd love to see what that would look like.

Yep that’s interesting.I don’t know if they would do the north stand or not being near the road.But the rest would work though.would love to see a proper 3D design.soon as the training ground is done,it won’t be long before it’s announced.Roll on!:scarf:

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone else considered that they're waiting to start work so that it's ready to open on the 20 year anniversary of when it was built in the first place?

Thanks for that, I feel really old now

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I have a strong feeling that everyone is going to be surprised how quickly we, the punters, gobble up that extra capacity. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Can't see that happening now. Rumour has it that the relationship between the club and Lineker (certainly a few years ago) wasn't as cordial as it once was.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Any idea what's soured the relationship at all?

Anything to do with Ranieri-based tweets?

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Any idea what's soured the relationship at all?

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anything to do with Ranieri-based tweets?

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He's a fan at the end of the day, allowed an opinion. If the club looked at some of the cr4p posted on here, Lineker looks fairly rational 

I think the club axed "The Lineker Suite" which didn't impress Gary and some comments he made about the club pre-title didn't endear him to the owners.

Not sure what came first but it was mentioned to me during the title season (by people I worked with there) that the relationship was "frosty"

• Like 2

They pretty much axed all nods to our history apart from a few photos to cover up the unfinished walls in the concourses.  

Can we please change the thread title to, "Unbelievers Complaining We Shouldn't Expand Stadium"? Cos in the last half of this thread 90% of it is people saying it's a waste and people defending the ideal.

In the meantime, there's no actual progress.

However, I can't see why any real fan of the club wouldn't want this done. To my mind, if you don't believe in this, then you don't believe in Leicester City Football Club, which means you're not a fan. It's that simple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's a fan at the end of the day, allowed an opinion. If the club looked at some of the cr4p posted on here, Lineker looks fairly rational 

don’t think they ever had plans to name a stand after anyone in here though tbf..

On 02/01/2020 at 12:20, Cardiff_Fox said:

Dependent on what's inside the National Grid building - it may mean they are having to relocate their infrastructure. They did have big refurbishment plans lined up for the Gasworks site. 

That building is nothing to do with the gas.