Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

5 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

It was a terrible pass to Vardy from Gray! Vardy did well to adjust his body, and finish with his weaker foot.

Have to disagree mate, Gray had to keep it away from a defender and it was more or less perfect for Vardy. Slightly behind him meant he wouldn't sky it over the bar - simple technique from Vardy who had time to steady himself and slotted it home. Vardy would die for half dozen passes like that every match. 

• Like 1

It was a terrible pass to Vardy from Gray! Vardy did well to adjust his body, and finish with his weaker foot.

Lol and someone was arguing that there isn’t ill feelings by some of our fans towards gray when I said it the other day

He's upped his game. People saying he had one more start to prove himself clearly have an agenda. He's a young lad still. His decision making is the area that needs to improve and it is doing. Just want to see him looking fast and direct and picking the right balls. That's all he needs to do.

• Like 1

I think some people miss the point that hes kind of the perfect player to have as back up mentality wise.

If he'd scored 8 or 9 a season then he'd been crying every time hes on the bench. But at the minute we have a rough diamond who is capable of performances that have led to interest from alot of other clubs.

Kind of like Ulloa in the title winning season, having players of quality and the exact same willingness in mentality from the bench is key in seasons like this.

• Like 1

Vardy did well in finishing, but Gray did even better in finding him. The clever dummy, the perfectly timed run in behind and the first time pass back to Vardy with his weaker foot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rachhere said:

This is the thing, I don't think he can cope with that type of pressure. He goes for too much rather than sticking to the basics. I really hope it works out for him. 

That's why I think the start needs to be far away, Rodgers has been doing the right thing starting him in the cup and cultivating his confidence there and with subs.

3 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I think your being harsh, it was a good dummie and run by Gray, the ball was slightly behind Vardy but anywhere else in the box and it would of been cleared.

Excellent dummy, poor pass! He has upped his game recently tbf.

For his performances and wasted potential since he joined, he's been thoroughly deserved of all the grief he's received.

However, if he can mobilise and reinvent himself through these substitution appearances, gain some wisdom and confidence again, this would be a real testament to himself, Rodgers and the team for not giving up.

There's still time, just...

Nice little project to watch.

Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

It's Westley and Forest

Yes, but when speaking to a notts forest fan it’s fun to refer to him as Wesley, like an overbearing parent they just can’t help themselves. lol 

Despite their offspring moving onto bigger and better things and no longer having a need for them.

4 hours ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Spot on. Lovely first time threaded, perfectly weighted cut back with his weaker foot while running at pace. To criticise that is to weaken any potentially more valid criticism you could have for Gray, as it is clear you are no longer being objective. Either that or you "lack knowledge" as he put it.

Like I said, it’s in abundance...