Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I was expecting him at half time in place of Harvey not because Harvey was doing badly. I just felt we needed Damari's pace and energy which is exactly what he brought.

His understanding of the game is now so much better, it's like a light went on in his head.

He's becoming such an important player for us and long may it continue.

Gary's decision making is I proving rapidly.  Someone seems to be successfully coaching him football intelligence.

He has talent.  I have been defensive of him on this forum several times.  He could possibly become a massive player.

In today's game, his long range shots were crisp giving the massed ranks of the Arsenal defence a new problem.  

His ball retention seemed to be excellent.  At times , he was threatening from the wing.

Well done to him.

• Like 3

He's getting his head up, his final decision is improving, there is method to his play now.  Excited to see how much further he can improve because he is starting to create chances now.  Deserves a start soon!

Edited by pazzerfox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, martyn said:

Keep him as an impact sub for now, but he is building up a run of really impressive cameos. I'd totally given up on him so his form is a pleasant surprise. 

Today what was most impressive was his decision making in the final third - always took the right option. 

IF (and its a big if) he can keep this up he has a future here 

What did Rodgers do to him that the other managers could not do the past few years I wonder? His decision making has significantly improved last few games. Or maybe he is just more direct.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, majaco said:

Gary's decision making is I proving rapidly.  Someone seems to be successfully coaching him football intelligence.

He has talent.  I have been defensive of him on this forum several times.  He could possibly become a massive player.

In today's game, his long range shots were crisp giving the massed ranks of the Arsenal defence a new problem.  

His ball retention seemed to be excellent.  At times , he was threatening from the wing.

Well done to him.

I think he had a good game and am pleased, but "long range shots were crisp"??? He had two which were hardly more powerful than passes skid straight into Leno's hands, they were the only thing I think he didn't do well yesterday. 

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think he had a good game and am pleased, but "long range shots were crisp"??? He had two which were hardly more powerful than passes skid straight into Leno's hands, they were the only thing I think he didn't do well yesterday. 

There is always a certain speculation to long range shots.  In my opinion, they were decent efforts.  It widened our range of pressure.

You have to put it down to great man management. 

Let him know exactly where he stands, what he needs to do to be part of the 1st teams plans and then clearly do a lot of work with him to get there. 

He needs to play a good 90 minutes because when he's started he's not performed e.g Man U away when he was awful 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 1

Last season I was always underwhelmed when he came on but yesterday I said to my mate, things I'd change after the break would be Gray for Perez and he did not disappoint, seems better as an impact sub at present and helped pen them back when they were trying to be more attacking.