Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I guess Puel was right to say that he saw Gray as a forward. He can’t be a winger or midfielder because of his poor decisions. Maybe all he can be good at is to be a backup forward who can dance around and shoot. Give him just a single task of shooting.

He was useless as a forward aswell

2 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

If Brendan can’t get it out of him then no one will. He can’t have too many opportunities left can he? 

Maybe Bielsa could, if Leicester made him available for loan (which he should be) and went off to Leeds (for example)?

12 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

If Brendan can’t get it out of him then no one will. He can’t have too many opportunities left can he? 

He must train like a top player.  But on match day he is not at the races.  We have been saying this for 2 years.  Now bredan has descovered it himself.  Let him go bredan...

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Sad 1

I think he is more of an old school winger who just hangs around on the right gets played in by a long or short ball then uses his pace and attacks the left back and gets a cross/shot in. 

All this opposite wings and drift in doesn't suit him. So if we continually play as we have I can see Eddie Howe snapping him up and playing him as an old school winger, and tbf I can see him doing OK in this position 

47 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

I think he is more of an old school winger who just hangs around on the right gets played in by a long or short ball then uses his pace and attacks the left back and gets a cross/shot in. 

All this opposite wings and drift in doesn't suit him. So if we continually play as we have I can see Eddie Howe snapping him up and playing him as an old school winger, and tbf I can see him doing OK in this position 

If he just did that I'd see his place in the squad. The problem is stylistically he tries to be a Mahrez type and just hasn't got it.

Schlupp for all his limitations used what he had better than Gray does.

• Like 2

On 17/09/2019 at 13:06, Mapperleyfox said:

He's only got a role as an impact sub here really. He's got some raw talent but ultimately not quite good enough for the level we're at or aspiring to.

No significant improvement since the day he joined us and for that reason i'd cash in.

I suspect his stock is higher outside of LCFC as others seem to rate him, and I think we'd get upwards of £25-30M which we could reinvest more wisely.

Fans =/ Club's scouts. If we got more than £15 million for him I'd be shocked. Just looking at his record under two managers very good at promoting youth like him (Puel and Rodgers) is enough to put pretty much anyone off, let alone for £20+ million. 

10 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

He must train like a top player.  But on match day he is not at the races.  We have been saying this for 2 years.  Now bredan has descovered it himself.  Let him go bredan...

Most fined player in training last season = demarai gray 

13 hours ago, Foxy Mofo said:

I think this sums up the problem pretty well - what is he? 

He’s not an old school winger - beat a man, whip it in

He’s not a workhorse - limited offensively but gives you added protection at the back

He’s not an ‘inside forward’ - someone who’s going to cut in and play the incisive pass / assist

He’s not going to pop-up with 6 or 7 25 yarders a season either. 

We’ve given him enough time and chances now. Cash in and get someone else in - we’d be better off bringing Schlupp back 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

He’s not a workhorse - limited offensively but gives you added protection at the back

He’s not an ‘inside forward’ - someone who’s going to cut in and play the incisive pass / assist

We’ve given him enough time and chances now. Cash in and get someone else in - we’d be better off bringing Schlupp back 

I agree with the sentiment here but absolutely no winger in the league "pops up with 6 or 7 25 yarders a season"

3 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

I’d have Lloyd Dyer back over Gray. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If he just did that I'd see his place in the squad. The problem is stylistically he tries to be a Mahrez type and just hasn't got it.

Schlupp for all his limitations used what he had better than Gray does.

Good point and I think that's what's hampered his progress, because he was seen as the Mahrez replacement he tried or was asked to come inside and that's not his game. I also think he should have been loaned out years ago to develop. I think he came to us at 17yrs and was immediately elevated to the 1st team, but how can you improve just watching  Riyhad be Riyhad when you are a constant sub for three years. 

Previous managers faults,  I think we stunted his growth and missed a trick there. 

12 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

Good point and I think that's what's hampered his progress, because he was seen as the Mahrez replacement he tried or was asked to come inside and that's not his game. I also think he should have been loaned out years ago to develop. I think he came to us at 17yrs and was immediately elevated to the 1st team, but how can you improve just watching  Riyhad be Riyhad when you are a constant sub for three years. 

Previous managers faults,  I think we stunted his growth and missed a trick there. 

... 19 years old, when he came to play for us. 

• Like 1

If you’ve got natural speed and some ability, which the lad has, surely coaching should supply the rest. If he cannot grasp what he’s being told and implement that on the pitch then he will never make it. After so long it looks like he just doesn’t ‘get’ it or is possibly too arrogant to listen. Doesn’t help with cockwomble articles saying Spurs are interested in him. 

Personally, unless there is a dramatic and more or less immediate change in his approach, I think he’s done here in all honesty. 

• Like 1

Feel like he is done here. He has shown no progression whatsoever. 

We need a top class winger and he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Crazy thing is, I still think he has a decent market value as for whatever reason, he still seems highly rated outside our club. 

I actually think we could still get a decent fee for him from a team like Bournemouth/Palace etc. £20m in Jan... :ph34r: