Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Gray's natural strength is his ability to run at defenders and beat them with pace and skill. It's not cutting inside and running into more congested areas or sending in a shot which we used to see a lot. We're seeing a lot more of him linking up well with fullbacks and Maddison/Tielemans and using his ability to get to the byline and more dangerous wide areas. It's refreshing to see and is making a difference to the impression he's making on the game. Hopefully he keeps it up!

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

My anti-Gray agenda is really struggling at the moment, just finding it extremely difficult to bad mouth him.

Never been happier :scarf:

Gray is the most frustrating member of the squad and I have next to no patience left but boy, I am ready to eat some humble pie. I think underneath all the frustration, if the lad delivers on his promise we would all be happy

• Like 1

Gray was fantastic again yesterday coming off the bench. However, I feel like I have seen him do this before. He plays well off the bench for a few games then gets put into the starting 11 and puts in no where near the same performance.

I hope we don't change the starting 11 quite yet as we keep this run going, but I hope that Gray has finally turned a corner and when called upon will start and play a full game in the same manner as his substitute appearances.

Really pleasing to see him come on and make a difference. As many have commented he is making better decisions more often which is largely his biggest criticism.  Teams don't necessarily win because of the starting 11, you need players to come off the bench and affect the game positively or else there is no point them being there.

It may start to lead towards a start but for now the system is working great for him. 👏

1 hour ago, sdb said:

BR has done the impossible and given him a footballing brain. He finally could become a serious player (version 327). 

Seriously though, happy for him. Making such a good impact on games 

Think Rodgers does for players in general what he's done for Gray. Simplify the game in their head.

2 hours ago, sdb said:

BR has done the impossible and given him a footballing brain. He finally could become a serious player (version 327). 

Seriously though, happy for him. Making such a good impact on games 

Pep done the same with Sterling his decision making was shocking up until 2 seasons ago

• 1 month later...

Few really promising cameos before his illness but today he was back to his usual. Stand square on to full back, dordle, pass it backwards. 

When he actually goes for the byline he invariably wins a set piece, obviously it doesn't have to be his default setting but when he doesn't, he offers very little.

I still don’t think he has a long term future here. He isn’t creative or consistent enough to demand a first team spot. We should be bringing in players to push the first team. DG just isn’t that.

Of our young batch of players, he’s the one I wouldn’t mind leaving. No malice towards him, he just hasn’t cut it despite numerous chances.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

As i've mentioned a few times i've been patient with Gray more than I would anyone else because I really wanted us to sign him years before we did but i'm getting fed up with him now.

Looked incredibly lazy and I feel like a (bad) attitude shone through today.

• Like 1