Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

he was probably doing the step overs waiting for someone to get in the box with Vardy, we were back to leaving him in there isolated a lot yesterday where as we had started to get players in the re with him meaning the early cross has a chance of working, I thought Barnes was far more indecisive on the other wing yesterday, bad day all round but Gray was far from the worst offender

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Loan him out to a lower Premier League club or a Championship Club if we sign a wide man in January, would have preferred Perez to come on for Iheanacho yesterday if I’m honest... 

Rodgers said it was a tactical substitution (whether it really was is another matter). But replacing Ieanacho with Perez would show it clearly wasn't - which would be even worse for 'nacho's confidence. Gray has been effective coming on in latter stages of game; give him much longer and he usually disappoints. Definitely worth retaining whilst he can open up defences in latter stages

Literally brings nothing to the team. He should of been chasing around when he came on, trying to make an impression at least. Needs a fresh start, we need someone with hunger when they come on, not someone who does less than the bloke he’s just replaced!

• Like 1

I still think, like Barnes, he lacks confidence. Maybe he reads this forum. A lot of the times with the ball he doesn’t look confident that he can take his man on and is often easily dispossessed. Nice goal but even then it was quite central it you look from behind the goal rather than in the corner how it looks from a side angle, Fabinaski will be annoyed he didn’t save it . Hopefully the goal will build his confidence 

12 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I still think, like Barnes, he lacks confidence. Maybe he reads this forum. A lot of the times with the ball he doesn’t look confident that he can take his man on and is often easily dispossessed. Nice goal but even then it was quite central it you look from behind the goal rather than in the corner how it looks from a side angle, Fabinaski will be annoyed he didn’t save it . Hopefully the goal will build his confidence 

yes dylan, hopefully the goal will build his confidence the fans wont.

If he hadn't missed the penalty he would have been man of the match. He was very good today, he made that penalty in the first place with some great skill and I was impressed by his passing and movement today. His overall decision making was much better and I loved his goal, that showed actual composure instead of just blasting it. Harvey Barnes take note!

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

If he hadn't missed the penalty he would have been man of the match. He was very good today, he made that penalty in the first place with some great skill and I was impressed by his passing and movement today. His overall decision making was much better and I loved his goal, that showed actual composure instead of just blasting it. Harvey Barnes take note!

Wondering if he felt the need to step up today as our main attacking outlet and enjoyed/thrived with the responsibility. Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Wondering if he felt the need to step up today as our main attacking outlet and enjoyed/thrived with the responsibility. Just a thought.

He played like that! Whilst not everything came off, he was very effective in everything he did. It's also worth noting that he started in James Maddison's position as the game started. We played 4141 with Perez and Albrighton on the wings, and Hamza in Tielemans position. So operating a bit more centrally and directly behind the striker may have suited his game as well.

When Maddison came on, he then moved to right wing as Perez gave way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Why would they? That'd involve showing a bit of humility, which is beyond the pale for many...

I’d like to offer an olive branch of friendship to all those too hesitant to admit that maybe Gray can play better football than their gran by admitting I would have happily sold Soyuncu to some Turkish team in July and put all bets on Benk.