Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

There will come a time when he will want regular first team football. Weekly. Admittedly Sheffield United were a bad example but for someone  fighting near the bottom of the league getting someone as good as Gray on loan would be a dream in almost any circumstance - they wont be 'stuck' with a high wage earner in case they do go down.

The idea of someone joining a team and a clause being they MUST play happens far more than people realize.

They all want to play weekly, there is the understanding you have to work for it in the professional game and he's better off here doing just that rather than going off on loan coming back and being in the same situation he is now but potentially worse as his competition has completely cemented his place in Gray's absence. At the end of the day he's 23 now, if he want's to go somewhere where it's significant;y easier to get in the team it should be a permanent move. He looks happy enough at the moment though and it's good for us that he's knocking on the door.

Oh it happens, I am not sure Demari Gray is good enough to go somewhere in the Premier League on those premises though, even the teams struggling at the bottom have an array of quality players these days it's a bi product of how much money is in the league.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They all want to play weekly, there is the understanding you have to work for it in the professional game and he's better off here doing just that rather than going off on loan coming back and being in the same situation he is now but potentially worse as his competition has completely cemented his place in Gray's absence. At the end of the day he's 23 now, if he want's to go somewhere where it's significant;y easier to get in the team it should be a permanent move. He looks happy enough at the moment though and it's good for us that he's knocking on the door.

Oh it happens, I am not sure Demari Gray is good enough to go somewhere in the Premier League on those premises though, even the teams struggling at the bottom have an array of quality players these days it's a bi product of how much money is in the league.

id agree with you but sometimes you have to put yourself in the shop window to get the move you want. sometimes that can be the same club as your loan move.

There wasn’t many clubs ( including us) lining up to pay the 40m Monaco were asking for Tielemens until they’d seen him play regularly  in a loan  deal. 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t think anyone WANTS him to fail but many seem to think he’s been given plenty of opportunities that it’s time to replace.

id actually send him on loan to villa or sheffield United for second half of the season under the premise he must be played if fit.

Imagine the stick he'd get at Villa. Can't see that working!

I think Rodgers has played a blinder here tbf. Left him out of the match day squad at the start of the season and I'm sure has been very clear about what he wants to see from him. 

Given him a few opportunities, and generally he's taking them. The first 11 as is ATM is doing so well but having impact players like demi and praet is a huge factor too. 

He needs to keep his head down, keep working hard and keep having an impact and he will keep getting better. 

But Rodgers man management so far seems to have put a rocket up his arse and long may it continue as we all know he has the ability, just needs to improve the application. 

I like, many others, have been very critical of Gray. But has to be said I have definitely seen some very slight green shoots of improvement. Maybe, just maybe he will finally take the opportunity to fulfill his potential.  

However, I think his main value is (and will remain) as an impact player. He just isn't the same player when he starts.

• Like 2

I thought we might have sold him in the Summer but at long last he's starting to show real promise.

He's been excellent the last few games and having a real impact when he comes on.

I think his he's finally understanding the game and B R deserves great credit for that.

He's showing more for the Ball and searching for space while also covering back and helping out the defense. Plus his decision making is so much better. Last year he would have tried to shoot instead of passing to Vardy.

Instead of just being back up he's becoming another first teamer that we just can't find a place for.

That's a big improvement and long may it continue.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's so quick and direct. Great to release for 15mins or so against a tiring team. I think the issues are entirely in Demarai's head. Hopefully Brendan has tapped into his inner footballing genius.

...definitely!!!!

Brendan obviously asking him to look at the game differently. Scoring worldies is not what the game is about but for Gray that is however the way he views the game and his part in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

His next start in the PL is crucial imo. If he fcks it, he's either super sub for the remainder of his duration or we straight sell him

This is the thing, I don't think he can cope with that type of pressure. He goes for too much rather than sticking to the basics. I really hope it works out for him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...definitely!!!!

Brendan obviously asking him to look at the game differently. Scoring worldies is not what the game is about but for Gray that is however the way he views the game and his part in it.

his raw talent has never really been in question, more what he does with it. The coaching staff have obviously been working on his decision making and explaining to him when it is the right time to pass the ball or go for it himself. I have also noticed he seems more able to make his mind up and do it quickly these days whereas in the past he would dither, not sure what to do and either run into a blind alley or lose the ball.

• Like 1

Said it not long ago but I felt this was his last last last last last... last chance. If Brendan couldn’t get a tune out of him then he needs to go, but he’s making an impact at last. Still took wrong options too many times against burton IMO, but it’s been the best I’ve seen of him for a long while. 

• Like 1