Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, blueharmie said:

A good cameo today when he came on. Much better impact player off the bench as shown today. Thought it's worth a mention.

Think he was very lucky to stay on the pitch tbh. Could easily have been sent off for that very silly studs-over-the-ball challenge within a minute of coming on.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sampson said:

Think he was very lucky to stay on the pitch tbh. Could easily have been sent off for that very silly studs-over-the-ball challenge within a minute of coming on.

I saw it as the same as the Tielemans tackle against Bournemouth but they checked it so...

Gray's current role as a sub to see out the game as fresh legs able to carry the ball upfield by himself and relieve pressure is much needed, just wish it would click for him because if it did he'd be our best winger by a distance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We're going around in circles here. Again. He'll play tomorrow against weaker opposition, probably score and put in something approaching a shift, then go back to being a drain on the team when he's given a starting place on the back of it.

I can't fault his recent cameos from the bench, but i've lost count now of the amount of times he's failed to perform in the first XI.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

there is a damn good player in there, somewhere.

very frustrating, I wish he put as much effort into his performances as he does into his weird attention seeking tweets.

Hasnt really kicked on or improved in the time he has been here, i think he has this season to really prove he deserves to be here, or its off to a Villa or Leeds type team, bottom prem / top championship to kick start himself a bit.

Sad really, he has bags of potential.

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

there is a damn good player in there, somewhere.

very frustrating, I wish he put as much effort into his performances as he does into his weird attention seeking tweets.

Hasnt really kicked on or improved in the time he has been here, i think he has this season to really prove he deserves to be here, or its off to a Villa or Leeds type team, bottom prem / top championship to kick start himself a bit.

Sad really, he has bags of potential.

the only weird and attention seeking thing about his social media accounts are the people that are obsessed by them and try to psychoanalyze everything he does

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's alright coming off the bench when seeing a game out to be fair.

He made one very good run from wing to midfield.i mean it was just one run but he did great when opponent was pressing.not many has that ability 

Edited by tsintskaro

11 hours ago, Jimmy said:

the only weird and attention seeking thing about his social media accounts are the people that are obsessed by them and try to psychoanalyze everything he does

The only reason he puts them on is so people do that, it's attention seeking the same reason most people post shit on facebook/twitter.

Contrary to what he let's off or wants you to believe, I believe he suffers massively from confidence issues. Not growing into the player everyone thought he would be straight away has probably rattled him and second guess himself. Definitely looks unsure of himself and confused most of the time on the pitch. 

20 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

We're going around in circles here. Again. He'll play tomorrow against weaker opposition, probably score and put in something approaching a shift, then go back to being a drain on the team when he's given a starting place on the back of it.

I can't fault his recent cameos from the bench, but i've lost count now of the amount of times he's failed to perform in the first XI.

"Probably score"? That's generous. 4 Leicester goals in 122(?) apps now. Maximum, he makes a deceptively intelligent run or two, and looks energetic and hungry. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

"Probably score"? That's generous. 4 Leicester goals in 122(?) apps now. Maximum, he makes a deceptively intelligent run or two, and looks energetic and hungry. 

10 in 112 appearances actually. Still a pretty appalling figure, but the comment was more implying that he'll put a shift in once in a blue moon, usually in cup competitions, or look good off the bench, then proceed to disappoint when he gets a place in the Premier League startiing line-up.

We need better.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to give Demarai some love today. He was great when he came on. Cross for the winning goal as well.:scarf: keep it up Mr. Gray.

Brilliant end product with the assist for the winning goal. Added a lot more attacking presence, offering the overlap to Ricardo on the wing. 

Was lively and a good performance from him. Unlucky to not get a better connection on a ball he intercepted that managed to bounce past him

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Just wanted to give Demarai some love today. He was great when he came on. Cross for the winning goal as well.:scarf: keep it up Mr. Gray.

Yep he had a very positive contribution throughout his cameo appearance, and not just for his goal. I felt what he added today was a willingness to take on his man and an attitude of trying to make something happen. He also chased and harassed well in the final 10. 

We know he’s super inconsistent but credit where it’s due, he made a difference today. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep he had a very positive contribution throughout his cameo appearance, and not just for his goal. I felt what he added today was a willingness to take on his man and an attitude of trying to make something happen. He also chased and harassed well in the final 10. 

We know he’s super inconsistent but credit where it’s due, he made a difference today. 

Think he thrives on our attack and the match being a bit helter skelter when he comes on.

The more I watch the more I see him as an instinctive and improvisational player. More reacting and less overthinking suit him.

Despite the naysayers, Rodgers is the perfect coach for him.

Edited by SO1

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Think he thrives on our attack and the match being a bit helter skelter when he comes on.

The more I watch the more I see him as an instinctive and improvisational player. More reacting and less overthinking suit him.

Despite the naysayers, Rodgers is the perfect coach for him.

Very astute observation! Yes I agree with all of that. In a structured and more methodical attack he makes poor decisions which cost him. Used like he was today he can play his more natural game and his pace can hurt teams. 

Honestly that goes some way to explaining the enigma that Gray has been over the years. 

But I must also say I don’t think he’ll ever make the spot his own. I’d love to be proved wrong but when he starts he’s rarely able to produce. Not every player can be a world beater and Gray I think is about as good as he’ll ever be for us, which might still be useful but never a “main man.”

Would love to be proved wrong of course!

• Like 2