Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

5 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I just think give nacho the chance on Wednesday. If you're brendan tell him play well against Fulham and the spot is yours for the next few games and you'll have more involvement in the Premier league and start the Cup matches, give him a goal and I'm sure he'll perform well. He's by far our best option imo. 

I think half the trouble with Nacho (beyond the is he even good enough to play at this level debate), was that unlike Perez, he wasn't a "Brendan signing". Not sure if that is a hindrance here for him as much as Vardy's on going form in all of Nacho's time here or not but I'd imagine it doesn't help his cause as regards starting games, whereas Perez seems to get played and starts more regularly - even when Vardy is fit and not injured on the sidelines...  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I like it, but what do you say to nacho and Perez? You're basically telling them neither are good enough to play, I just wonder how you manage that? 

The manager took off Castagna today because he needed Ricky to excel in that position and Castagna wasnt. Going by that analogy I'd say BR would manage that pretty easily.

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

I think half the trouble with Nacho (beyond the is he even good enough to play at this level debate), was that unlike Perez, he wasn't a "Brendan signing". Not sure if that is a hindrance here for him as much as Vardy's on going form in all of Nacho's time here or not but I'd imagine it doesn't help his cause as regards starting games, whereas Perez seems to get played and starts more regularly - even when Vardy is fit and not injured on the sidelines...  

Yeah it could be as simple as that.

Easier to drop a big money signing you didn't sign, that's probably why Slimani has been axed so many times by multiple managers despite costing a bomb.

Nacho seems to have sealed his fate with that penalty miss, it looks like it's the straw that broke the camel's back maybe. 

• Like 1

What is his preferred position? He is ineffective outwide and non existent as the main striker. One really good game in every 10 just does not cut it. 

He takes up some good positions and his movement can be good but he is either let down by a woeful first touch and terrible balance or he just hasn't got the pace to get away from anyone.

23 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise Ayoze, I don't think it's his fault he's been asked to play where he is, and it's not as if he's not trying. 

What I find baffling is that Brendan is still going with it when it's obvious it's not working. He has axed Nacho for not being a lot worse, if being worse at all.

it's all quite confusing. 

I'm not Nachos biggest fan but last season he looked good, Rodgers was getting a tune out of him. Seems weird that he should be cast aside when we could most use him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheF1Bob said:

Can't believe we're arguing who to start between Iheanacho and Perez...

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Sad state of affairs

Despite that, we are competing with the Top 3-6....

The Recruitment Team are just Not backing Rodgers by finding any quality incoming..also it may not be their fault in these awkward times.

Too many fans acting as if there isnt a Problem outside in the big wide world, rebounding also around football....Bit

What can a manager so when both Nacho & Perez have received Good ball then fluffed their lines. He has to to give Player A/B decent runs,so far only

2-3 games with Perez, in this position...

No manager sees it, like the fans, and no fan sees the worries like the other...Bit

So far we have a mixture of fans Posting they prefer, to See Nacho,Barnes,Under, Uncle Joe Cobbly at CF, or false 9.

Then the super know alls, tells us obviously..Rodgers has to sort it out....

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Despite that, we are competing with the Top 3-6....

The Recruitment Team are just Not backing Rodgers by finding any quality incoming..also it may not be their fault in these awkward times.

Too many fans acting as if there isnt a Problem outside in the big wide world, rebounding also around football....Bit

What can a manager so when both Nacho & Perez have received Good ball then fluffed their lines. He has to to give Player A/B decent runs,so far only

2-3 games with Perez, in this position...

No manager sees it, like the fans, and no fan sees the worries like the other...Bit

So far we have a mixture of fans Posting they prefer, to See Nacho,Barnes,Under, Uncle Joe Cobbly at CF, or false 9.

Then the super know alls, tells us obviously..Rodgers has to sort it out....

Give Amartey a chance, that's how shameful we are.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

The manager took off Castagna today because he needed Ricky to excel in that position and Castagna wasnt. Going by that analogy I'd say BR would manage that pretty easily.

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

I thought castagne was injured?

33 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm pretty sure Castagne was injured 

He was

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm sorry but I stopped reading after this. No it is not always very good as demonstrated by their 2nd goal

You are correct of course, he did pull out of that tackle and cost us a goal. 

Maddison giving ball away first goal, Castagna position too. For whatever reason our whole team were off their game today. Usually we can't fault his work rate however his quality and performances we can.  We know Prez is not good enough for a team looking for a top 6 finish. So I do question why we don't play 2 strikers or look to sell him and improve. 

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting performance today. It's been a long long while since I've felt that strongly about an individuals performance. Whether it's his natural position or not, he offered nothing whatsoever. Yes, he runs a lot but it's passive pressing with no real intent to try and win the ball. It's like having Riyad in the team but without the skill. I don't think he's bad technically but his all round strengths are average at best and even if we all agreed that his best position is as a number 10 he'd be way down the list of players you'd consider to play that role as those above him offer more in that position. I do feel for him as I think the fee we paid has put him and Brendan in an awkward position whereby it's not really acceptable for him not to be playing, but on the other hand he's had ample game time so maybe now is the time to give someone else an opportunity to show if they're capable of offering more. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Thanks 1

I remember someone saying that watching Brian Lara in the flesh was like watching a batsman who seems a second ahead of everyone else.

Watching Perez in our team is like the opposite, he’s just slightly behind everyone else in terms of how quickly he passes, shoots, everything 

Added to which, he’s not really a sole striker. He’s actually quite good at holding the ball up, but he won’t run off the shoulder and is always coming back to collect the ball with his back to goal 

I think he’d be a decent player in a 4-4-2 but not in this system for me

Problem is - is Iheanacho any better? 

• Like 1