Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

17 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

If you look at the wingers today - they had Nevez and Traore. We had Barnes who is great and then Perez - it’s no mystery where we were lacking. A good threat on the right and we’d have been a far stronger proposition today. 

He did ok, 1st half; some neat moments and decent work rate, but his output is significantly less than a genuine top 4 winger can offer.

Perez is a utility forward - we need to strengthen on the right if he is our first choice and it might be an option to play Ricardo further forward when all full-backs are fit!

If we want to improve we need to be looking for players who can hold their own in the champions league not the english championship.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

If you look at the wingers today - they had Nevez and Traore.

his output is significantly less than a genuine top 4 winger can offer.

Exactly this. He's not a bad player, but if you want CL football you have to look at him in terms of what he doesn't offer.

He's taking up space in a forward line that needs a lot more danger than he offers.

He's bringing down the average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

In one and a half seasons with us I’d say he’s probably had a really positive impact in not many more than half a dozen matches.

He’s not a bad footballer, just not good enough for a club of our current stature and ambition.

He has had three chances to prove himself as worthy of a regular starting berth in the last three games and has failed them all.

We all want whoever wears that blue shirt to succeed, but when they consistently disappoint - and their substandard performances affect the team’s results - it becomes a problem. Albrighton and Cengiz must be as mystified by Perez’s selection ahead of them as most of us fans are.

I agree with everything here but I am not yet convinced Under is good enough. He seems to want the headlines when others are in a better position, not a team player. I hope I am proved wrong. Perhaps trying too hard? 

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Kids if you ever doubt yourselves, just remember Ayoze Perez has made a career for himself at the top flight of English football while having less ability than your average Sunday league player

This should be a post poking fun at his detractors....is it?

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This should be a post poking fun at his detractors....is it?

Not exactly. Just saying something that was said on twitter. The point being he's getting a PL salary for being much less than a PL standard player. 

Certain things like pace, he can't do too much about - maybe time his runs better. 

The physical side of his game is woeful and he should have addressed this during his time with us. 

I'd love him to do well as I'll back any of our players and accept that they'll have good and bad performances. 

But unlike Madders or Barnes he's pretty much a passenger in every game he plays for us😕

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Not exactly. Just saying something that was said on twitter. The point being he's getting a PL salary for being much less than a PL standard player. 

Ok, well it's just standard hyperbole then, as per. I forget how expert everyone on Twitter is.

Said since he came, he is another player who doesn't have a nailed on position. Ends up being a stop gap here and there and doesn't offer enough consistently. Very odd player. 

No one can argue tho the fact we paid 30m is simply not value for money at all. He does work hard, he's not lazy but hasn't offered enough end product

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ok, well it's just standard hyperbole then, as per. I forget how expert everyone on Twitter is.

If you can’t see that he isn’t good enough then I don’t know what your watching. It’s like playing with 10. 

if we’re going to challenge for top 4 consistently he must be sold and a new winger who contributes must replace him. Under must Be wondering how he is above him in the pecking order.

I can’t believe how many of our fans are still defending his performances. He’s been abysmal this year. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, frany104 said:

If you can’t see that he isn’t good enough then I don’t know what your watching. It’s like playing with 10. 

if we’re going to challenge for top 4 consistently he must be sold and a new winger who contributes must replace him. Under must Be wondering how he is above him in the pecking order.

I can’t believe how many of our fans are still defending his performances. He’s been abysmal this year. 

If you think he has been nothing but abysmal this year then your mind is set, so even if he did (amazingly) play like peak Messi for the next few games, you would be unable to appreciate it.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

If you think he has been nothing but abysmal this year then your mind is set, so even if he did (amazingly) play like peak Messi for the next few games, you would be unable to appreciate it.

Absolutely not. Check the choudury thread for the praise I’ve given him after criticism. Perez however for me offers nothing and hasn’t had a good game for a long long time. I’d love for him to prove me wrong but I can’t see it. He has very little positives to his game .

31 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Kids if you ever doubt yourselves, just remember Ayoze Perez has made a career for himself at the top flight of English football while having less ability than your average Sunday league player

Completely overstated.  He was one of Newcastle's best players.  He is one of our poorest but he is a proven premier league player.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

Completely overstated.  He was one of Newcastle's best players.  He is one of our poorest but he is a proven premier league player.

Not that difficult in a Newcastle side. A friend of mine is a NU fan and he has said most Newcastle fans couldn't wait to get rid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think most on here are fair with their praise and criticism. 

We all want him to do well, we did with Gray but it just hasn't happened for him. 

Ricky wasn't great today but has been superb since he's been with us. 

Hamza was very decent today and most have called that. 

5 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Absolutely not. Check the choudury thread for the praise I’ve given him after criticism. Perez however for me offers nothing and hasn’t had a good game for a long long time. I’d love for him to prove me wrong but I can’t see it. He has very little positives to his game .

It is a strange one tbh. Part of me thinks he operates on a different frequency than others, and I say this is not as an excuse (if he cannot work with the rest of the team, he is useless and should be offloaded). However, his effort is clear, and his touches are often sound, like twice today he continued a move, but the player having their pass returned, has stopped their run when they had some clear air before the . It was initially James in the first half, and Riccy in the second. No excuses, it just seemed a bit odd.

2 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Perez is definitely better on the right than he is up top. I thought he was ok today, but I thought Mark offered more heading in both directions when he came . Would’ve preferred to see Mark start with Under coming off the bench, but it worked ok today 

What worked?  We were held to a draw and couldn't score.