Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

17 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'd say what's actually happened, being as fair as possible to all sides, is that we've outgrown him a lot quicker than expected.

When he signed i'm sure BR's two year brief was Europa and sustained top 7 finishes. I don't think anyone would have expected back to back top 4 challenges.

I also think at £15m he was expected to be a squad player, but again with injuries we've had to use him a lot more often than perhaps intended.

He's a good lad, never stops trying and I always love that in a Leicester player. Next season we have to move up a gear though, we've spent £30m on defenders, we've spent £30m on midfielders, we need to be spending at least that on a top class winger/am

That is probably fair in my opinion. I do however think given the price it was a real error. I thought at the time it was too much.

18 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I just don’t understand how players like Albrighton and Okazaki get lauded and loved for their off the ball and tactical contribution but someone who offers the same off the ball contribution plus far more technically than either gets crucified and slaughtered. 

There is no way he works anywhere near as hard as Albrighton. Albrighton is relentless - if you are seeing the same endeavour with Perez we must be watching different games. Even when Marc is having a shocker he never stops trying to impact the game. I see Perez’s body language and demeanour start to deteriorate when he is not doing well.

Perez does work reasonably hard and shows some neat touches, but all too often his touch lets him down and he gives the ball away cheaply. His lack of physicality, pace and strength is a huge problem as well.

Shinji could be frustrating, but he was always involved - he had a great knack of getting on the ball, but he was erratic in terms of what he did with it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

You've only got to look at his "contribution" in the loss to Leeds. When he pulled out of that tackle in the middle of the park and Leeds went on to score, I just lost all faith in him, not that I had much in the first place.

From infogol.net: In the English Premier League season 2020/21, Ayoze Pérez has played 11 matches (plus 4 as a sub). He has had 7 shots on target from a total of 10 shots (effectively 1 shot at goal every 2 games) and has scored 1 goal (2.57 x G). Ayoze Pérez averages 21 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 77%, and has 0 assists. 

I can't understand those that think he's worth keeping.

These stats make pretty grim reading, but they are not a surprise. I think people need to look at his overall contribution and not try and justify lack of meaningful contribution with references to ‘making space for others’ or ‘a very clever player’. I don’t see any substance in these observations and I’d like him to be clever and make space for others in our starting XI!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

These stats make pretty grim reading, but they are not a surprise. I think people need to look at his overall contribution and not try and justify lack of meaningful contribution with references to ‘making space for others’ or ‘a very clever player’. I don’t see any substance in these observations and I’d like him to be clever and make space for others in our starting XI!!

Absolutely agree. Some people are still of the belief that bullshit baffles brains. Many of the terms, some of which you mention, are merely overused meaningless football jargon now days that some people merely slot in thinking that it's some kind of evidence. You could have an individual that has 'great feet' or ' a lovely first touch' or even do multiple rainbow flicks or step overs but, he'd probably be of more use in a travelling circus or one of those pre-match entertainers than he would be a Premiership footballer. It takes far more than that to have influence on a game. A couple of very skilful looking passes or flicks in one 90 minute game is not anywhere near enough.

8 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Hmmmmm 

One of the Remarkables in 2015/2016, scored our first ever Champions League Goal and scored the Winner against Seville to get us into the quarter finals on one of the greatest nights in the clubs history ……… I think legend is fair 

Go google Leicester Legends 

let me know when you see him on a list should be plenty it’s so clear cut.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Haha 1

On 08/02/2021 at 14:45, pmcla26 said:

I just don’t understand how players like Albrighton and Okazaki get lauded and loved for their off the ball and tactical contribution but someone who offers the same off the ball contribution plus far more technically than either gets crucified and slaughtered. 

because he's selfish duh, he shot the ball over the bar one time too often 

edit - my bad thought I was in the Under section lol

Edited by youngvolki

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Go google Leicester Legends 

let me know when you see him on a list should be plenty it’s so clear cut.

IMO everyone who won a Premier League Champions medal is a legend, that includes Schlupp & Gray.

Apparently that also includes Dyer, Inler & Amartey.

Edited by hackneyfox

58 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think if the majority of fans think he's a legend that's how it's decided, not from a list on google.

Who said the majority or fans think he is a legend?? 

It was only 6 months ago the majority thought he was done and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. I don’t remember reading such high regard for a club legend 6 months ago.

I guess it depends on your definition of a legend. There are plenty of lists out there containing the likes of Mahrez Kante even Drinkwater. Nothing for Albrighton.

What do Journalists and Sports writers know?

As someone else said, if every player that played in the Title winning team is considered a Legend fine, but is looses some credibility for me. 

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Who said the majority or fans think he is a legend?? 

It was only 6 months ago the majority thought he was done and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. I don’t remember reading such high regard for a club legend 6 months ago.

I guess it depends on your definition of a legend. There are plenty of lists out there containing the likes of Mahrez Kante even Drinkwater. Nothing for Albrighton.

What do Journalists and Sports writers know?

As someone else said, if every player that played in the Title winning team is considered a Legend fine, but is looses some credibility for me. 

I mean at some point in the future vardy is going to be done and shouldnt be anywhere near the first team, it doesnt mean he isnt a legend. Personally id have albrighton over kante in terms of legend status as kante was here only the 1 year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree. Some people are still of the belief that bullshit baffles brains. Many of the terms, some of which you mention, are merely overused meaningless football jargon now days that some people merely slot in thinking that it's some kind of evidence. You could have an individual that has 'great feet' or ' a lovely first touch' or even do multiple rainbow flicks or step overs but, he'd probably be of more use in a travelling circus or one of those pre-match entertainers than he would be a Premiership footballer. It takes far more than that to have influence on a game. A couple of very skilful looking passes or flicks in one 90 minute game is not anywhere near enough.

Reminds me of people on here describing Paul Gallagher as 'really good technically' or defending an invisible Andy King performance by claiming 'he did great work off the ball' 😄

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That is probably fair in my opinion. I do however think given the price it was a real error. I thought at the time it was too much.

It was a real error but surely forgiveable . BR had n't been here long enough or seen enough of us to know exactly what was wanted. For all I (we ?) know maybe things had even been already started regarding Perez. BR needed "recalibrating" in the sense he'd been in the Scottish PL for a few years where playing standards standards are not what they were. I certainly forgive him, as if he's to blame for the error , he must be credited imo for having such a successful transfer policy since. Admittedly Ünder is still a little bit unproven but Fofana, Castagne, Tielemans, Justin, Thomas (not a transfer admittedly), Praet, outweigh the error and by a lot. If he manages to further improve our squad strength this summer by the same amount, reasonably economically, we definitely should  be up with the big guys at a fraction of their costs, We're pretty well there now. I reckon that overall we've probably achieved the best transfers in the PL. over the last two seasons, and could make a huge profit on transfers , not that I'd want that to happen.

I am less happy, and puzzled as to  why he keeps being played. I think in all his recent matches we've had a better alternative, in fact more than one. Perez looks very unhappy to me, a little bit remote from the rest of our excellent squad . I hope he ends up somewhere where he's happier with his football ,possibly in Spain. I'm actually more puzzled by the forum members who seem blind to his obvious shortcomings. What do they put his match statistics and ratings down to ?

Perez seems to me a pretty nice guy, quite a brave guy, with average PL football skills but with not enough physical attributes and skills combined to ever make a good ,or even useful  PL player. He's also a poor decision maker in my opinion.  Selecting him is not doing him any favours at all. 

• Like 1