Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

King to Rangers on loan

2 hours ago, davieG said:

STEVEN GERRARD said he jumped at the chance to take Premier League winner Andy King to Ibrox on a season-long loan from Leicester.

The Rangers boss believes the midfielder, who has 50 caps for Wales, will add experience to his side.

He said: “It is more positive news. The opportunity came up to get Andy King in the last 48 hours and I jumped at the chance for numerous reasons.

“He is a winner, a Premier League winner and he has numerous caps at international level.

“Over the course of the last 14 months I have been trying to build a squad but a lot of players are inexperienced and young and they need guidance and leadership in the dressing room so it was a no brainer and financially as well it makes total sense.”

Gerrard says the 30-year-old is ready to come to Ibrox and fight for his place in the team.

He added: “I think he can do numerous jobs in the middle of the pitch. He can play as a Steven Davis for example and control a game with his passing. I think he can go box-to-box and he can play either side of a holder, left or right.

“I’ve said throughout pre-season I am looking for two strong options in every position. I’ve got six now in that midfield area and I am delighted because he is hungry to play.

“He got an injury last year which frustrated him a lot so when I spoke to him this evening he was very hungry to come and compete and fight for his place.

“He understands he has got to work hard to get opportunities so for the club and myself it is positive news.”

King is Leicester’s all-time top scoring midfielder and has played over 375 times for the club.

Gerrard added: “We thank Leicester for the opportunity because I think you know and I know from a financial situation there is no way in the world we can bring Premier League players in but when this opportunity came up I wanted to get it done quick because it was a fantastic offer we had to grab it and it made total sense in every way shape and form.”

I guess, from that article, that we'll be paying most of his wages. Good move for him, and at last I have a team in Scotland I can be ar$ed to follow.

Edited by norwichfox

Wish you well up there, Andy!

You've become a mainstay at LCFC, and deservedly so. In particular in your early years, you contributed so much to our sportive success. As match practice diminished, you still chipped in, kept quiet, remained professional all these years.

You are a great guy to have around in the dressing room and your experience will benefit Rangers greatly.

You deserve to play, you will play more often for Rangers, maybe even be a regular. Can't wait to see you on the scoresheet and I wish your new club all the best in the domestic competitions as well as in Europe!

You da man, you da King.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Hope he plays, they are pretty stacked in midfield.

With the amount of games ahead (including the Europa League), they'll need depth in squad.

On a sidenote, upon checking their squad, I just noticed Joe Dodoo's still up there. :D

Edited by MC Prussian

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I guess, from that article, that we'll be paying most of his wages. Good move for him, and at last I have a team in Scotland I can be ar$ed to follow.

Which is another example of that family feeling our club has, once you play for Leicester City you'll always be in the Leicester family. 

There would have been many clubs just wishing their fringe players out of their club with emphasis on the player to go find somewhere else or rot in the reserves eagerly trying to recoup wages despite what x player has done for them over the years but not Leicester our club seems to actively aid our fringe players, there is no way Rangers can pay his complete wage or afford a premiership loan cost, I applaud our board on this and for the continued support for Simpson.

On a personal note good luck to Andy, I met him when we played Reading many seasons back he was injured for the game and I met him in the con cause lining up for snacks and we chatted for a while, really good guy.

• Like 1

We have had many more gifted players at the club over the years, but King truly is a legend. Loyal, a grafter and always reliable. He has come in for some stick recently "not good enough", "Waste of wages", etc etc. This man should be given a testimonial and a permanent place in the LCFC hall of fame. Lets not forget this guy is our all time highest scorer from midfield.

It is a rare thing these days for a player to come through the ranks and remain loyal throughout. Never complains and always gave his all for the cause.  I sincerely hope he does well and adds to his impressive list of honours.  I am pretty sure (but stand to be corrected) that he is the only player to win league1, championship and premier league winners medals (and with the same club).

Good luck and I shall be watching for the Rangers results and his name on the scoresheet.

True legend! What a collection of medals he's won wearing the shirt. 

And I loved his chant - one o' the best.

https://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/leicester_city-chants/andy-king-gets-the-ball/

I always sang 'the king, the king - andy, andy king'. But I probs got it wrong - always do. 

Crack on Andy and I say this with a wee bit of Les-tah 'rish running through me veins -  all the best for the rest o' yer career Kingy. 

Edited by swanlee

Andy King lifts lid on Rangers move and how Celtic rivalry played a big part in his decision
Leicester midfielder has moved to Ibrox on a season-long loan.

ByFraser Wilson
10:08, 16 AUG 2019UPDATED10:22, 16 AUG 2019
SPORT

Andy King insists he can't wait to face Celtic as a Rangers player as he spoke for the first time since clinching a loan move to Ibrox.

The Wales international penned a season-long deal at Ibrox on Thursday after falling down the pecking order at Leicester.

But the 30-year-old, who won the Premier League with the Foxes three years ago, says he has plenty left in the tank - and is relishing the challenge of tackling Celtic.

He said: "Anyone who plays football at any level is aware of the Rangers Celtic rivalry and I can't wait to be involved in this.

"With Rangers we are expected to win every game, it is a different pressure but I am experienced enough to deal with it and looking forward to it."

King says he was sold on a move to Rangers after watching Steven Gerrard put his players through their paces on the summer training camp in Portugal.

He was in Portugal training at the same facility as the Light Blues in June.

And he told RangersTV: "I remember watching one of the sessions in Portugal and thinking it was a sharp session for the time of year it was.

"We weren’t back yet and you guys started earlier because of the Europa League. I was stood with a couple of the other lads from Leicester and we were saying their training looks sharp.

“I have watched the way Rangers play and they play a three in midfield, which suits me and I know there are a lot of good players here already.

“The team have started the season really well so hopefully we are going to have a 60 or 65 game season, if everything goes well. I am just hoping to come and try and help the team have a good year.”

King's arrival takes the number of midfielders available to Gerrard to eight, although Graham Dorrans looks to be out of the picture.

Nevertheless there's an abundance of options for the Ibrox boss and the box-to-box midfield ace, who has 50 caps for Wales, claims Rangers were always the number one choice despite other clubs showing an interest.

He continued: "I had a few other options but when a club the size of Rangers come in then it makes the decision really easy.

“The size of the club, the fanbase, the chance to work with the manager, who I watched a lot growing up and plays the same position as me, are all massive factors and it’s a new experience for me.

“I spoke to Martyn Waghorn, he is a good friend of mine and he loved his time here and only had positive things to say about it and what a good club it is. He said I would really enjoy it.

"You want to play in a team which is looking to win things, I think any player in their career wants to try and win trophies and fortunately enough for me I have managed to do that so far in my career. Hopefully I can try and help Rangers win some trophies this year as well.

“The pressure is something I am looking to try and thrive under, you want to play football in front of full houses, you want to play in big stadiums like what we have here and you want that stadium to be loud and packed out.

“That is probably one of the main reasons why I wanted to come and play here and show the Rangers fans what I can do.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-king-lifts-lid-rangers-18945449

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Kingy and Gary Mac...

They'd have partnered well together lol

Ah now there was a player. He oozed class.  

He was doing well as a manager as well for awhile. I think his wife fell ill so he packed it up.

Didn't realise he was at the 'gers.  

Guest MattP

The scenes when Rodgers sends half our squad up there next season to stop the "immortality".

May as well go full piss take and send Rangers Benkovic now Soyuncu looks fine.