Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

I met a guy in a sauna last week who told me he was some kind of agent for chaglar.  He said the coaching from toure was first class and that chaglar would be one of the top cbs in the world in 4 years time.  

What was inspiring was his talk of how chaglar had left home at 10 to go to a football academy...he had to learn from the coaches and do well at his studies to stay in... 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I met a guy in a sauna last week who told me he was some kind of agent for chaglar.  He said the coaching from toure was first class and that chaglar would be one of the to cns in the world in 4 years time.  

What was inspiring was his talk of how chaglar had left home at 10 to go to a football academy...he had to learn from the coaches and do well at his studies to stay in... 

Is this a troll?

26 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I met a guy in a sauna last week who told me he was some kind of agent for chaglar.  He said the coaching from toure was first class and that chaglar would be one of the top cbs in the world in 4 years time.  

Was it a Turkish bath by any chance :ph34r:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Beechey said:

Absoluely, but we have to be prepared for it to not come off every now and again and to not get on his back. He's started more goal-scoring attacks and stopped more opposition goal-scoring chances doing this than if he just sat and defended in a more orthodox manner.

He’ll have been coached when to do it, when not to. Who to do it against and who not to. Committing to this against certain strikers, is a real risk. 

Deeney for example, if Cags tries to get in front and win the ball, it only takes a nudge and he’ll be turned. If it’s a lone striker, Evans will be well aware he may need to cover. 

It’s an art as much as anything a midfielder or attacker does on the pitch. Often standing off to allow the pass into feet and as soon as it’s played, nip in. He’s a big enough lad that if the nudge does come as he’s trying to get in-front that he can commit a cheap foul and not be left behind. 

As long as he’s doing this high up the pitch there should be enough cover to deal with it and it not be a real danger (especially as the bigger strikers who can foil this aren’t usually the quickest). If it happens deeper, it’s usually congested enough for someone else to get a foot in or block a shot. I’m sure he’s smart enough to simply stand someone up around the edge of our box if it isn’t on though. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

It’s ironic really because I think the majority of fans and I bet even most insiders within the club would’ve expected Benkovic to be a starter and Soyuncu heading out on loan at this stage of the season. 

I actually thought last year he had already shown us that he was top quality. He just had some rawness in him back then and he had lapsed in concentration once or twice towards the end of the few games that he played. So not to say I predicted his rapid rise that he had this year, but I was quietly confident he would be a more than capable replacement for Maguire. 

The only thing I was not 100% sure is his height. I did wonder about his ability to win headers. He turns out to be not bad although I do indeed wish he is an inch or two taller.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I actually thought last year he had already shown us that he was top quality. He just had some rawness in him back then and he had lapsed in concentration once or twice towards the end of the few games that he played. So not to say I predicted his rapid rise that he had this year, but I was quietly confident he would be a more than capable replacement for Maguire. 

The only thing I was not 100% sure is his height. I did wonder about his ability to win headers. He turns out to be not bad although I do indeed wish he is an inch or two taller.

Fair enough, I didn’t think he’d slot in this well at all. I thought he looked ok in the games he played but cost us a goal in each game and for me that screamed a big no no. I think the fixtures were Fulham and Huddersfield away. Thought his all round play wasn’t bad but when that Abou Kamara from Fulham had him on toast at Craven Cottage I highly doubt anyone thought he’d do this well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Fair enough, I didn’t think he’d slot in this well at all. I thought he looked ok in the games he played but cost us a goal in each game and for me that screamed a big no no. I think the fixtures were Fulham and Huddersfield away. Thought his all round play wasn’t bad but when that Abou Kamara from Fulham had him on toast at Craven Cottage I highly doubt anyone thought he’d do this well.

I think he’s shown us in 10 games that he isn’t just a flash in the pan either. His partnership with Evans is only going to get stronger. 

I think he might have struggled if he wasn’t next to someone of Evans’ calibre. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I think he’s shown us in 10 games that he isn’t just a flash in the pan either. His partnership with Evans is only going to get stronger. 

I think he might have struggled if he wasn’t next to someone of Evans’ calibre. 

Agreed. Evans is a class act as we all know. The big thing for me has been the Soyuncu and Maguire comparison. Price tags aside, we’ve looked better with Soyuncu in the side imo but that’s not to say he’s a better player, I’m remaining impartial on that one unlike a lot of Leicester fans lol But for me Soyuncu’s partnership with Evans is becoming stronger than when Evans and Maguire played with each other. Their natural strengths coincide with each other’s weaknesses. 

• Like 2

Soyuncu is unique, a risk-taker in a results business, and such a force of nature for Leicester their supporters do not lament Harry Maguire’s departure. “I’d like to thank every single Leicester fan,” Soyuncu says. “Their support has been amazing."