Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

5 hours ago, Hayati said:

As a kurdish person in Turkey I say all you read is fake news . In Turkey 20 million people live and 350.000 Kurdish refugees fled Turkey from So called Kurdish (in fact a terrorist organisation )controlled area . They are not kurdish and they don't represent us . Cags didn't salute Erdogan he only saluted to our army and it's the same for everyone . When USA cleaned Musul they destroyed all the city ,when they cleaned Raqqa they destroyed the city and I can count 10 cities but no one called it ethnic cleansing . But Turkish army is carefully doing operations and they lost some soldiers because of their attitude , if they would destroy everywhere it wouldn't take Turkish army s few days to go all down to South of Syria . All western media for their interest they demonised whoever doesn't obey them and whoever just because their slave they praise.  Again I'm saying as a Kurdish person I'm saying again if YPG/PKK would be good to people no person would flee to Turkey and 350.000 Kurdish run away from them,  in fact most of them want but they force them to stay and they killed many people who tried to do so . The world is different than what you see there and I recommend yiu don't read all this liars news. Last time Turkish Army is the only army who want to stop the blood in the region , they other leaders came to our point after 1 million death and we million displaced people . They only want  servant state who serve them and who become a bumlee state for Israel and all of them want the same thing. They don't care how many Kurd and  Turk or Arab died . If Turkey would accept what they wanted , they would close their eyes not only for 750 terrorist for all Kurds' annihilation . THEY ONLY WANT MORE BLOOD AND POWER . That's it . And don't blame caglar for this because we all the same and do the same thing not for Erdogan  for our land and army .

The american news network are reporting that a machine gun festival from 2016 is actually gunfire in Turkey, its disgraceful.

Thank you for your first hand account.

However this is football not politics, if Cags needs to be patriotic when playing for his national team, then he should be allowed to be patriotic.

he could piss on my face and i would thank him at the moment i love him that much.

Taking a stand while representing your country against what the FA are likely telling you what to do (passed down from Gov’t officials) would take some serious balls. 

Not joining in would be seen as ‘opposing’ what’s going on rather than simply not wanting to involve yourself. 

Let’s not forget, the story won’t be spun in the same way in Turkey as it is here. 

I don’t agree with what the players did but it isn’t as clear cut as looking at it from our perspective. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I don’t know how Maguire was getting in ahead of Calgar - this lad is absolutely mustard and probably the best centre half to watch I can remember ahead of bomb scare Bamber.

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

There are a number of other rather baffling selection choices over the last few seasons, such as how Albrington is not playing now, why Chiwell gets in ahead of Fuchs ...

It seems at this club, we pay a bit more attention to hype outside the club.  For example, whilst on FT people are discussing Chilwell’s lack of form this season, in media articles every writer has been signing praises about him as he is the next 100m player. Perhaps it is just out commercial department playing games with the media, just like with Maguire.

Huth when on 5live was asked about Cags at the start of the season and he responded by saying he wasnt impressed with what he'd seen in training in the previous year. Could've been the fact he missed much of pre-season and was playing catch up whilst getting used to a new country and culture. But he's certainly kicked on this year and looks incredibly settled.

Chilwell is a better player than Fuchs and has a higher potential, you cant always rely on a player whose been saying he'd be leaving at the end of the year for the past season or so. Chilwell is struggling in form but is still a great player, we need to stop getting on his back at every moment. 

But Albrighton deserves a chance, and should get some game time.

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

There are a number of other rather baffling selection choices over the last few seasons, such as how Albrington is not playing now, why Chiwell gets in ahead of Fuchs ...

It seems at this club, we pay a bit more attention to hype outside the club.  For example, whilst on FT people are discussing Chilwell’s lack of form this season, in media articles every writer has been signing praises about him as he is the next 100m player. Perhaps it is just out commercial department playing games with the media, just like with Maguire.

Him not being selected isn't that strange, really. The bloke didn't speak a word of English when we bought him, and for a CB where communication is vital that can end up being a major issue. That communication is doubly important for a left-sided CB playing next to Chilwell who was still relatively new to first-team PL football and needed a more experienced head next to him.

It was clear when we bought him that he was intended to potentially be the Maguire replacement long term, so limited minutes in his first season whilst he's getting up to speed with the language (and recovering from a minor injury early on) was to be expected. Especially as Maguire was still playing reasonably well (not quite his best, but still good enough) and we wanted to keep his stock high for when we did eventually sell. We wouldn't have got anywhere near £80m if he'd been dropped for the last few months of the season.

• Like 3

On 21/10/2019 at 08:51, Deeg67 said:

I’m not going to engage you because I don’t want to drag this into a political debate. But I will say that Edrogan is a fascist and a despot, and he’s engaged in ethnic cleansing with American complicity.  I’d like to see politics kept out of sports generally, but it has a particularly foul odor to it when fascism is involved.  Unfortunately football has a long and ugly history in that area.

The U.K. has also engaged in ethnic cleansing... many times

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Rightly far from the main spectacle last night, but I absolutely loved the intensity he showed when Southampton had one of their rare forays forward in the second half.

I think it was Redmond who had the ball when he made three or four full blooded attempts to win the ball in quick succession, before the ball broke loose and eventually came back to him and he absolutely leathered it down the other end of the pitch. Didn't matter how many we had already put past them - he was not losing that ball. Hero.

I absolutely loved seeing this 

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11848135/brendan-rodgers-explains-how-caglar-soyuncu-became-a-leicester-cult-hero

Sky Sports have turned this thread into an article on their site!

Love this bit about him:

Soyuncu is very much the defender now. He has made more tackles than Van Dijk and Alderweireld combined. He has made more interceptions and more headed clearances than them too. A Rolls-Royce but also a tank.

I came here ready to post exactly that link and screenshot

Like any young player, Cags needed time and will need time and our patience when there is a dip in form. It’s the ups and downs with having a young squad like ours. All our young players will go up and down in performance over the course of next few seasons, it’s what happens and we just need to enjoy the good times and support them during the bad - as this season has shown so far, it’s all worth it.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Like any young player, Cags needed time and will need time and our patience when there is a dip in form. It’s the ups and downs with having a young squad like ours. All our young players will go up and down in performance over the course of next few seasons, it’s what happens and we just need to enjoy the good times and support them during the bad - as this season has shown so far, it’s all worth it.

Definitely the case here.

I think it's interesting that initially Rodgers thought he was too much of a liability but was impressed with the way he kept training and putting in good performances. It seems we are still in the market for a reasonably experienced centre back probably with one eye on Europe next season and Morgan retiring, but it's a great story that he's turned it around so much in such a short space of time.

Will be interesting to see if this is the case with Benkovic. He seems to be going out on loan so I guess they feel he isn't quite up to it yet. 

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Definitely the case here.

I think it's interesting that initially Rodgers thought he was too much of a liability but was impressed with the way he kept training and putting in good performances. It seems we are still in the market for a reasonably experienced centre back probably with one eye on Europe next season and Morgan retiring, but it's a great story that he's turned it around so much in such a short space of time.

Will be interesting to see if this is the case with Benkovic. He seems to be going out on loan so I guess they feel he isn't quite up to it yet. 

It’s ironic really because I think the majority of fans and I bet even most insiders within the club would’ve expected Benkovic to be a starter and Soyuncu heading out on loan at this stage of the season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s clear Rodgers has instructed Caglar to get in front of strikers to nick the ball off their toes before they control it.

He does this tons of times and is great at it.

He has a nack of not ‘going through’ the striker when he does it too

Great to watch...

Absoluely, but we have to be prepared for it to not come off every now and again and to not get on his back. He's started more goal-scoring attacks and stopped more opposition goal-scoring chances doing this than if he just sat and defended in a more orthodox manner.

• Like 3

Rodgers must be an absolute moron. All I needed was the Huddersfield match to figure out how good he is.

The hair and his ability on the ball are second to none.

Edited by SO1

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

Absoluely, but we have to be prepared for it to not come off every now and again and to not get on his back. He's started more goal-scoring attacks and stopped more opposition goal-scoring chances doing this than if he just sat and defended in a more orthodox manner.

Exactly, he’s going to make the odd mistake but then look at Harry last night, even an 80 million CB can make a mistake 😊 Calgar has learnt a lot since last season and with Evans alongside him they make a formidable partnership! 

• Like 1

He has absolutely no qualms whatsoever of just smashing the ball over the stand.

Any player that can hoof the ball over the West Stand demands respect. As soon as Cags did it, I knew he was the player for us. I don't think any other player has managed it.... I remember one over the East Stand (not sure who).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3