Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

absolute bullet header i would have cried with Joy had it gone in. Doesn’t look intimidated playing against such a fearsome front 3 as liverpool’s. was a little more careful first half and that was the sensible thing to do.

might get slated for this but i’m Going to stick my neck out here and say he could be the worlds first £100m defender.

I can’t believe that I am saying this but he is better than Maguire. At the start of the season you never would have believed that we would be saying that. Also there is no bitterness towards Harry or anything but we have done the deal of the decade in getting what we did for him. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depending on how his season goes, I don't mind the look of Godfrey at Norwich, who's had a couple of decent performances in a very weak team defensively particularly against Man City, they're likely to be relegated so we could probably pick him up for cheap, and he's in the England setup as well. Not to mention he'll have had a full season of PL football under his belt by the end of the season so we should be able to see if he's any good at this level before buying him.

Also Jamal Lewis if Fuchs retires

37 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I can’t believe that I am saying this but he is better than Maguire. At the start of the season you never would have believed that we would be saying that. Also there is no bitterness towards Harry or anything but we have done the deal of the decade in getting what we did for him. 

I don't know that he's better than Maguire.

But, without doubt, we are a better side now with Soyuncu in it. His pace and decisiveness (albeit occasionally misjudged) have given us an extra dimension.

A staggering, almost surreal, deal that we've trousered £80m AND improved the team at the same time. The only other team I can recall doing that is Burnley, flogging the dreadful Keane and spending nothing on a far superior Tarkowski

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Manunited to bid £160 million for maguire replacement

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Salah did do him in the run up to the Hamza yellow card tbf.

You think Salah committing a foul had nothing to do with it?

IMO better than Maguire.  We have not missed him at all.   We mugged off Manure massively.  Well done Board and well done Recruitment for signing him.  Excellent result all round for us.  So pleased we have added pace and mobility at CB.

Thank God we did not panic buy either of Dunk or Tarkowski. Dodged two bullets there.  

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2

On 30/09/2019 at 12:17, TimT said:

Yes, it certainly does. Even though this may be minuscule, it provides a good pay check as well if you are employed by MI5, SIS (also known as MI6), NCA, GHCQ. Also, there are plenty of other opportunities in multi-national corporations which trade with or operate or would like to expand to the Turkish speaking regions particularly if you get familiar with various Turkish dialects that are spoken in the former USSR, and also countries like Iraq, and Iran where quiet a sizable of the populations speak Turkish due to being conquered and ruled by the former Turkish empires. Of course, the most important thing in being fluent in Turkish is that you get to pronounce  Çağlar Söyünproperly.

How did you become fluent? I tried but seems very difficult. 

Did you just go and live there? 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/15/turkey-footballers-defy-uefa-again-by-celebrating-with-military-salute

See Soyuncu is mentioned in this article. Storm in a tea cup?

The Everton striker Cenk Tosun was another player who used the military salute on Friday against Albania and, after the game, he posted on Instagram an image of himself and the message: “For our nation, especially for the ones who are risking their lives for our nation.” The Leicester City defender Caglar Soyuncu, who played for Turkey in both games, showed his support for Tosun’s message, replying with heart emojis and the Turkish flag

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The entire squad was doing it. 

Their celebration for the goal included about 7 players saluting. 

I dont agree with what Turkey are doing but there’s a clear attitude in Turkey that what they are doing is right. 

Christmas is coming.. That'll sort them all out! 

• Like 1

Really disappointed he did this. Also many Turkish people have taken our clubs Twitter post of him kissing the badge to mean we support their murder campaign against the Kurds.

The salute was totally classless.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1