Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

The amount of Turkish interaction with our social pages sky rockets when it involves Cags

Most normal posts by Leicester get about 500 likes on twitter, then anything with Cags in the numbers are much higher and full of replies with people posting the Turkish flag, like this one that was posted this morning already has over 5000 likes

Its like Mahrez and the Algerians all over again

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The amount of Turkish interaction with our social pages sky rockets when it involves Cags

Most normal posts by Leicester get about 500 likes on twitter, then anything with Cags in the numbers are much higher and full of replies with people posting the Turkish flag, like this one that was posted this morning already has over 5000 likes

Turkish fans aren't nearly as annoying though. Plus there are proportionately plenty more in Leicester and I've noticed they're taking a greater interest in the team, which can only be a good thing. :scarf:

At least if they start saying we'll "win the hair" with Caglar, it will border on making sense with his barnet. :ph34r:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Turkish fans aren't nearly as annoying though. Plus there are proportionately plenty more in Leicester and I've noticed they're taking a greater interest in the team, which can only be a good thing. :scarf:

At least if they start saying we'll "win the hair" with Caglar, it will border on making sense with his barnet. :ph34r:

I've noticed a lot of the Turkish fans express support for the team where their player is at, rather than merely expressing support for the player himself, which the Algerians tend to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

You could say other world citizens dont/didnt agree with what Britain, USA etc has done in other countries as well though.. i dont agree with the war myself (or any wars as they are stupid) but Soyuncu is Turkish first and foremost so will do whatever he wants to like it or not.

Exactly my point. 

Clearly the sentiment in Turkey is to support their troops. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Many Brits and Americans support their military vehemently despite said military sometimes committing shocking atrocities. Soyuncu is Turkish so I expect him to support the Turkidh troops as I'd exoect an American player would support American troops. Erdogan being cvnt is neither here nor there.

But I expect the Turkish players will get condemned on podcasts and radio. I guess our atrocities is more tolerable than their atrocities.

Yeah but why are Turkish people rubbing it in everyone faces?

Edited by z-layrex

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I hope not.

I was gobsmacked by how almost every Algerian acted on social media. Even down to the same insults and barbs. They were tiring beyond belief.

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Yeah but why are Turkish people rubbing it in everyone faces?

British people do the same, maybe you just dont realise it as a white british but you do when its your ancestors that were exploited by the british empire. still not as bad as the americans tho

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Remember the booing that was directed at Ossie Ardiles by our fans in the 1982 FA Cup semi-final the same day as Argentine forces invaded the Falklands . Ardiles was obliged to play abroad the following season

Edited by 49er
  • Like 2

Nothing to really see here. The UK has failed to condemn the attack on Kurds by Turkey and we also are just about the only country to carry on supplying arms to Turkey.

So if he kisses his badge, salutes his soldiers and supports the military action killing soldiers, women and children it is with the full blessing of the UK government.

We should cheer him on and show our true Britishness if he decides to show his support for Turkey. The more innocents the Turkish army kill the more money rich people make. We should applaud that.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Nothing to really see here. The UK has failed to condemn the attack on Kurds by Turkey and we also are just about the only country to carry on supplying arms to Turkey.

So if he kisses his badge, salutes his soldiers and supports the military action killing soldiers, women and children it is with the full blessing of the UK government.

We should cheer him on and show our true Britishness if he decides to show his support for Turkey. The more innocents the Turkish army kill the more money rich people make. We should applaud that.

I'm very tired but have read that last paragraph half a dozen times to try and convince myself that's not one of the worst things I've ever read. Have I misunderstood it? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

When we went to war in Iraq, I was a similar age to Caglar and I thought it was the right thing to do and would have been very supportive of our troops actions over there but obviously with hindsight it was a terrible decision that cost over a million lives and directly led to rise of ISIS.

It's easy to get swept away with things like that. Especially when your countrymen are rightly or wrongly fighting bravely and dying. So I don't blame him or care even 1%. more interested in hearing about what a good game he had against the world's best side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

When we went to war in Iraq, I was a similar age to Caglar and I thought it was the right thing to do and would have been very supportive of our troops actions over there but obviously with hindsight it was a terrible decision that cost over a million lives and directly led to rise of ISIS.

It's easy to get swept away with things like that. Especially when your countrymen are rightly or wrongly fighting bravely and dying. So I don't blame him or care even 1%. more interested in hearing about what a good game he had against the world's best side.

It's scary that Blair is still at large... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

To be honest I come to the football to get away from politics and sh*t like that so unless he's said we should deep fry babies alive, I'm not bothered. 

Don't worry, he's not Scottish. He's far too good at football.

Big test for Soyuncu tomorrow, two physical strikers who will be trying to expose our lack of height in the team. Ashley Barnes is one of the worst for getting involved in standard tussles and making a meal of it and constantly complaining to the ref, to be fair he's also highly effective at this level as is Chris Wood.