Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

:whistle:

733299810_Screenshot2019-11-04at14_02_21.thumb.png.c9229344095e49439a3d1b7cb1160017.png

1054573340_Screenshot2019-11-04at14_02_40.thumb.png.860050e87e3842a1b6d34eaf78497300.png

That's not really a fair comparison.

That's arguably the best two centre halves in the league...........................................................................................and Harry Maguire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm so happy we beat Arsenal to him. As they were watching him also.

If he had gone to Arsenal, he would not be the player he has become.

Arsenal is where promising players go to regress, whereas we appear to be exceptional at nurturing young talent.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Is Caglar better at 23 than VVD was at 23? 

Yes I would say he is better! VVD has a bit of Vardy about him in that he was a bit of a late developer. He always looked good, but it wasn't till he was at Southampton that he was thought of as being really good. Even then I remember in the title winning year he had a tough time dealing with Vardy, but after his transfer to Liverpool he really grew into his role and has become one of the world's best. I'm not really sure why it took so long to find him though, because he looked great at Celtic!

On current form Soyuncu and Evans are probably in the top 3 CB's after VVD though I think, the pair have been that good. It would be interesting to see Soyuncu without Evans to see if he is as good without him, but apparently he has been very good for Turkey such as against France recently, so that is a very good sign.

But if you think Soyuncu is good, then De Ligt of Juventus is 20! Now that is truly scary. But Soyuncu right now must be one of the most sought after CB's in Europe. It's only been 11 games, but he has been incredible!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50284368

Leicester defender Caglar Soyuncu is 'a defender made for the modern game' - Martin Keown analysis.

The more I see of Leicester defender Caglar Soyuncu, the more I like him.

He is only 23 but the Turkey international looks like a defender who is made for the demands of the modern game - agile, aggressive and good in the air, but also brave on the ball too.

Soyuncu is not the tallest defender at 6ft 1in but he has got a very good spring. On the ground, he gets in the faces of attackers and he also never panics when he is in possession.

Whatever situation he is in, he never really looks troubled to me.

We saw very little of him at Leicester last season when he was fourth choice behind Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans and Wes Morgan after joining from Freiburg, but Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers obviously spotted something he liked in training.

It was refreshing to see Leicester go with a young, relatively untried player rather than spend big on a replacement for Maguire when he left to join United for £80m in the summer.

Giving Soyuncu his chance looks like a very good decision now, with Leicester flying high in the table and boasting the joint-best defensive record in the Premier League.

I am a fan of their entire back four, but Soyuncu and the experienced Evans have formed a brilliant partnership at the centre of their defence, as good as anything you will see in the Premier League at the moment.

Both of them were magnificent in Sunday's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, and it was not just their defending that impressed me at Selhurst Park.

They were dominant in both boxes - Soyuncu scored their opening goal but Evans also went close to scoring a couple of times as well.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

That's not really a fair comparison.

That's arguably the best two centre halves in the league...........................................................................................and Harry Maguire. 

That's guys playing in arguably the best two sides in the league...........................................................................................and Harry Maguire. 

Edited by KingsX

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Doesn't deserve to be here but... Our "worst" defender at the moment is an a first team England international.

I prefer "Least best". All four of them are in the top 3/4 in the league in their respective positions, which is astounding.

• Like 4