Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

Still a bit of a way to go for him to trouble any of the top 6 clubs for the dough we'd command for him. I think he will reach those heights though in the next year as I sense he is on an upward curve after a year of bedding in at PL level.

There is no way we would let him go for less than what Maguire went for, I'd be amazed if he doesnt sign a new 100k a week deal in the next month or so.

Really not sure why he has to take all our corners. 

Surely someone else could put one in. 

If anything, yesterday demonstrated how effective he is just outside the box and, if he could take up that position, we'd surely get a few more goals out of him as the defending team clears from the initial corner. 

• Like 1

Just don't rush at thinking he will want to leave.  If we get into the Champions League he might decide to go for the ride with this team he is a leader in.  Young talented team and a manager that he wants to stay and play for. CL football and I think we keep him.

• Like 3

His rush to leave will also be related to Chilwell’s departure ......if we don’t get euro football then i think he goes .....remember NG couldn’t hold down a place in the french side until he moved to Chelsea ......if we get European football and he is in and around an England starting spot then with the new training ground and if Chilwell is still here he may decide to stick around. 

I hope so .....

I have been very impressed so far this season - he is definitely much more hard working than last season (tackling back/closing down/high press). Definitely a better player - more experience of the Premiership or mor evidence of the much improved coaching? Probably both.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

His rush to leave will also be related to Chilwell’s departure ......if we don’t get euro football then i think he goes .....remember NG couldn’t hold down a place in the french side until he moved to Chelsea ......if we get European football and he is in and around an England starting spot then with the new training ground and if Chilwell is still here he may decide to stick around. 

I hope so .....

Im a little curious about the "wanting to play European football". They are partly responsible for us getting there. I find it a little "easy". "If we don´t get into Europe I´m off". But you are part of the responsibility for not getting there - so knuckle down and do it rather than run to some other club with no guarantees for Europe (MUFC for instance)

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach

I noticed today that now West Ham have the capacity they can draw 60000 , that makes them a big club . I reckon we can draw 40000 if we enlarge the stadium and that will make our players believe that Leicester can be a big club.

9 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Im a little curious about the "wanting to play European football". They are partly responsible for us getting there. I find it a little "easy". "If we don´t get into Europe I´m off". But you are part of the responsibility for not getting there - so knuckle down and do it rather than run to some other club with no guarantees for Europe (MUFC for instance)

Mufc are a huge club an they pay v big wages .........we can’t afford to do that so need a different model ..... Maddison and his agent will have a plan for his career and staying here for four years to try and get us into Europe won’t feature high in those plans ........ 

Its such a myth that he can only play as a 10.

He's just as good deeper in Centre mid. Southgate is just a clown for not starting him let alone giving him 5 minutes. Southgate is pretty much guilty of professional negligence in regards in his Job and it will be the same story after the Euros as well..

Edited by les-tah