Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Simmo was on goals on Sunday this morning

Q: do you think madison will go to OT

A: yes ..... followed by stuff about how world class he is

now whether that reveals stuff that is known within the playing staff or it was just a clumsy reply we won’t know for a while ......

He ain't going to united unless they break the bank well over 100 mill. We arent going to sell our top assets every year or window. Already sold you maguire so piss off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

He ain't going to united unless they break the bank well over 100 mill. We arent going to sell our top assets every year or window. Already sold you maguire so piss off. 

That’s a bit naive if we set a price and it’s met - selling Maguire has set a precedent ......

yanited aways have the money ........

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That’s a bit naive if we set a price and it’s met - selling Maguire has set a precedent ......

yanited aways have the money ........

Every player has a price. If they meet it so be it but make it outrageous so they think twice. They cant keep buying multiple 80 mill players every summer.

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Yes we will. We have set a precedent now, which is fine but it does mean that our best players will leave if the money is right. 

2 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Yes we will. We have set a precedent now, which is fine but it does mean that our best players will leave if the money is right. 

I can agree with this but i also think we set the bar high saying we want to compete now so if you want our players its biggggg money or do one.

• Like 1

A key to us keeping our best players moving forward is to be able to pay them 150k/week. The new training ground will be a great asset in player retention/attraction but ability to pay big wages is essential. 

selling a big asset and having a low nett transfer budget could be key to having more money available for a higher salary fund. We must, however,  continue to buy really well  .........

so if JM has a stand out season and yanited are willing to pay 100m for him and he wants to go there then expect him to go .......... 

He is our very own David Beckham. So, no way we'll sell him this early on in his career with us. Three years from now on - maybe. Six years, potentially.

I'm not sure for how long he'll want to stay here, but his adventure with us has only just begun. And he loves it at LCFC, great young squad, great mates with Chilwell and Tielemans.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 19:05, UniFox21 said:

Senior call up, finally. Hopefully he gets the call and actually sets foot on the pitch this time. 

It's deserved for his performances last season and so far this year he's looked bright 

I would be more worried if Mount gets selected..... You have to earn a cap,or even thought of selection.

Like Maddison,who Follower a path,Let Mount gain more experience.We Shouldnt well the shirt cheaply,because of London connections!!

If Mount gets in ahead of him it really will be a show of big club bias in my eyes.

From what I saw last week he seems to have had a comparable season to Maddison at Norwich and has started well this season but so did Maddison with us.

We have Madders in truth until the summer. Nowadays a talent lasts for circa 2 seasons. Not a lot we can do about it other than enjoy the player whilst hes here and keep the flow of replacements coming through. Man utd will always be a massive draw over Leicester City, fact. Club will probably be drawing up targets now. Keep an eye on Todd Cantwell at Norwich, this lad could easily fit the bill soon.

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We have Madders in truth until the summer. Nowadays a talent lasts for circa 2 seasons. Not a lot we can do about it other than enjoy the player whilst hes here and keep the flow of replacements coming through. Man utd will always be a massive draw over Leicester City, fact. Club will probably be drawing up targets now. Keep an eye on Todd Cantwell at Norwich, this lad could easily fit the bill soon.

He is still young - if he makes the England first team in some capacity next summer and we make European football then (if chilly stays) I could see him give us another year under an improved contract with an understanding we would allow him to go in summer 2021 (think the maguire scenario)

however, us making Europe and chilly staying is a call ....

1 minute ago, Swiss_tony said:

I hope we're still in the top 4 by the england game,  then  he can tell maguire in training "If you'd wanted CL football you should've stayed with us".

I know it sounds petty and vindictive but I would absolutely love it if we got CL football and Man Utd didn’t. 

It really would make my season. I have a very strong dislike for anything Man Utd after this transfer window (not that I cared much for them before like). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Not with that haircut. Looks like someone from the Beach Boys.   God only knows.

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Danny Simpson in the Mirror online claims Maddison will join Man Utd. 

It obvious that Maddison will have read those comments, doubt if Simpson would have said that if he was still at Leicester. Beginning not like Simpson today

Simmo is a yanited fan but you would expect him to know the in house inter player chat that goes on at our club ......he said he was still on a players WhatsApp group on goals on Sunday 

hopefully there is no basis for his comments