Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Pre Match

15 hours ago, Sammy said:

Genuine question - why has the Newcastle away end not been moved down to the bottom tier as was the Premier League regulations put in a couple of years ago (that away ends had to have at least 1 section in the bottom tier).

I know the initial excuse they gave was that they didn't have time to implement sufficient safety regulations after being promoted from the championship but it's been a few years since then? If anyone knows?

Putting that in the bottom tier would make it an unbelievable away

I think it's down to having totally separate entrances for away fans. Newcastle were given exemption from the rule.

15 hours ago, Sammy said:

Genuine question - why has the Newcastle away end not been moved down to the bottom tier as was the Premier League regulations put in a couple of years ago (that away ends had to have at least 1 section in the bottom tier).

I know the initial excuse they gave was that they didn't have time to implement sufficient safety regulations after being promoted from the championship but it's been a few years since then? If anyone knows?

Putting that in the bottom tier would make it an unbelievable away

Haha this was so pointless by the PL. The only teams that needed to make changes were Newcastle and Man Utd and they were both given exemptions. lol 

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

People haven't been that quick in his case, he'll  be drawing a pension off us soon! He's had far more chances than others and has been a complete dunderhead. I too would give him a run out though on the grounds that we need him to be reasonably match fit in case we get really desperate though I'd suggest we'd play Perez before him if Vardy got injured.

Granted he has been here a little while but has he really had many chances. When I say chances I mean an actual run in the team. He just looks like a player who would benefit from a run in the team which wont happen whilst Vards is still the player he is.

I would like to see him play the full 90 tonight. I still think he can do something for us.

11 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Kasper

Justin  morgan soyuncu chilwell

Ndidi

albrighton  praet mendy  barnes 

Perez

Will be very surprised if Schmeichel is even on the bench, tbh. It'll be Ward to start and Jakupovic backup.

Ndidi is injured and Chilwell probably wont be risked - we have more than adequate backup in Fuchs and Mendy/Choudhury.

Speaking of Mendy, not a chance he plays at CM. If he's on the pitch at all it'll be CDM with two more creative players in front of him. There's also no point in having two CDMs starting given that Newcastle are poor enough going forwards as it is, and half of their attacking players are out injured.

Not sold on the idea of Pérez leading the line on his own. Iheanacho will probably get minutes, possibly as a front 2 with Pérez

28 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

So just woke up and was taking the garbage/recycling out to put at the end of the driveway. So as im walking down the drive i stop dead in my tracks. Look across the street some animal was casually strolling from down the side of a neighbours house to the sidewalk  then down a few houses and up the side of another neighbours house it disappears.  I'm like wtf was that?!?!? Then realised is was a bloody fox! I dont see many foxes here in southern Ontario in fact seen them twice now in 30 plus years i can think back. This is sign, we are going to win!

That’s the spirit

Up the Foxes 

Ward

Justin

Soyuncu

Benkovic

Chilwell if fit and play Fuchs vs Bournemouth, or vice versa

Choudhury

Mendy

Albrighton

Maddison/Tielemans

Barnes

Perez/Ian Nacho

Maybe Praet in place of either two DM's, don't care who

Edited by Walkers

1 hour ago, Xen said:

At this stage of the competition its as much about putting the 'smaller' sides on TV who wouldn't normally be broadcast as often. Spreads the wealth a bit more and there's a chance of a 'giant' killing, too, as we've already seen yesterday. They also get to run the 3rd round draw live from a football league ground afterwards.

For non-Leicester/Newcastle fans I can't see much appeal in watching the weakened squads of two PL sides who are frequently on TV anyway. Especially as its reasonable to expect the winner will make it to a later stage of the competition with more chances to be on TV then.

Think back to when we were in the Championship and for 95% of fixtures we'd have to put up with Stringer - the position we're in now with semi-reliable streams every game is a luxury. Let the smaller clubs experience that for once; we can cope without for one match.

Very good point.