Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Pre Match

I expect Newcastle to lose away against Spurs tomorrow, meaning 3 defeats on the bounce under a new manager.  They will want to get a win from anywhere and I would expect them to field a strong side.

We should be fine but this could be a banana skin.

• Like 1

Only 15,000 expected ...lowest Newcastle attendance for a long time apparently with fans using this game to express their anger at the regime ... I imagine it will be quite toxic and could get nasty 

Edited by jaylcfc94

Ward

JJ - Morgan - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Mendy

Albrighton - Praet - Hamza - Gray

Perez

• Like 1

Ward

Pereira
Benkovic/Morgan
Soyuncu
Fuchs

Mendy

Albrighton

Praet

Maddison

Gray/Barnes

Perez

Benkovic if he is fit enough, if not then Morgan in for Evans

Tielemans has looked a bit off it past couple of games, bring Maddison into the middle where he plays best, let Hamza have a break after he ran himself into the ground today

Use some actual wingers and let Perez have a go in his natural position through the middle

5 changes at most, like Brendan said, not wholesale changes

Edited by moore_94

I'd love to see us go for the cups. 

Simply because (barring a bizarre, Leicester-trademarked, self-inflicted cock-up) we should have no real distractions this season. Solid manager, not in danger of a relegation battle, pushing for 6-8 in the league – but not a disaster if we finish lower – and a relatively large squad eager to impress. 

I'd say go for it 100 per cent. We haven't had a cup run since the Champions League (I can't believe I'm saying that). 

Personally I'd only rest a few and that would be the older, key players like Vardy and Evans plus one or 2 more. I'd bring Morgan in alongside Soyuncu as Soy needs to keep his place as hes had 3 decent games so far.

Ward, Justin, Morgan, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Hamza, Tielemans, Praet, Albrighton, Barnes, Iheanacho. 

Subs. Jakupovic, Ricardo, Benkovic, Maddison, Mendy, Gray, Vardy. 

I think Maddison has done enough to earn a rest but Tielemans and Praet need more game time to get up to speed. Missed Perez out as well who also needs more game time so possibly him up top over Iheanacho but I feel Iheanacho needs a game. Will depend on fitness as well so Brendan will get the balance between a strong enough team to win, resting certain players if they need it and giving game time to players who need it. 

• Like 1

Rodgers hinted not many changes and I believe him. 3 or 4 max for me. I would rest Chilwell and Ndidi until Bournemouth. 

Kasper

Justin     Morgan     Soyuncu    Fuchs

Praet             Choudhury

Albrighton    Maddison      Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Benkovic, Ricardo, Tielemans, Gray, Perez, Iheanacho 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realistically, we are 3 weeks into a new season - no one needs a rest. We have the first international break coming up too, where the older players Fuchs, Vardy will get a rest anyway m.

The only changes I’d make would be bring in Ward to keep him match sharp just in case he’s required.Benkovic for Evans for the same reason. 

Start Barnes, but that’s a change I’d make anyway.

Lets show early intent and go all out for the cup.

• Like 2