Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Pre Match

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

My take on this - Evans & Vardy are the only two we NEED to rest, but there are some who need game time for sharpness, such as Praet & Tielemans. I also think Nacho kind of has to start if he's going to be our sub striker this year. So I'd like to see:

Ward

JJ Morgan Soyuncu Fuchs

Tielemans Chouhury Praet

Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Subs Schmeichel Ricardo Benkovic Mendy Gray Albrighton Vardy

Why do those two need to rest and not Fuchs - who's older than either of them?

Ward

Justin benko Morgan Fuchs 

Mendy

Gray Lesbabela praet albrighton

Iheanacho 

that would be a cool team 

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think we’ll see a few more changes than just the goalie and Barnes in for Praet.

Yes we wanna go for the cups but squad players need game time and I doubt we’ll use our strongest XI midweek when we have just played 3 days before and have a game 3 days after.

Yeah, it's exciting to see what  "few changes" will happen. 

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Why do those two need to rest and not Fuchs - who's older than either of them?

Because they'll both be needed to play on Saturday, when Chilwell should be fit, meaning Fuchs won't. And in the unlikely event of Fuchs struggling to complete the match on Wednesday, Ricardo would be available from the bench to play right back, with JJ switching to the left... 

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Because they'll both be needed to play on Saturday, when Chilwell should be fit, meaning Fuchs won't. And in the unlikely event of Fuchs struggling to complete the match on Wednesday, Ricardo would be available from the bench to play right back, with JJ switching to the left... 

I'd be more comfortable with Ricardo left back to be honest. He's played there before at a higher level than League 1. I don't expect James to be able to cover his weak flank against an outfit two tiers above what he's used to on the football pyramid.

12 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd be more comfortable with Ricardo left back to be honest. He's played there before at a higher level than League 1. I don't expect James to be able to cover his weak flank against an outfit two tiers above what he's used to on the football pyramid.

Its a contingency, not something I or the manager would aim to implement. JJ has been on the bench, and covering both full back positions, in every  game so far!

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

If James can't do it against a lower-quality division rival like Newcastle, he shouldn't really be on the bench. He's going to need to play at some point.

I'm desperate for us to win it. I'd play Vardy. But Rodgers said there will be a couple of changes and I have faith JJ should be able adequately fill Riccy's boots

20 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Everton - Lincoln is the only cup match ESPN has scheduled to stream Wednesday.  :angry:

Think of me in my hour of need, oh Queen of Streams  @Suzie the Fox

Yeah, the cups are a crapshoot until the later rounds. It's not until we end up drawing Man City in the quarterfinals, until ESPN will televise it. 

Ward

Amartey

Morgan

Soy

Justin

Hamza

Praet

Youri 

Albrighton

Perez

Barnes

If benkovic is fit i’d give him a run out for 30 mins and take off Soy. I’m not confident that chilwell is fit for Saturday so I’d rest Fuchs so that he keeps fit. I’d keep youri and praet so that they can have more time to get on form. I’d start Pérez up top to give him a chance to score and get his confidence up. I’d take Barnes off at 60 for Gray to keep him fit for the weekend and to give Gray a chance to prove himself this season.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Any chance that we play morgan, benko and cags in a three with Justin and Albrighton as wing backs? 

Praet and papy covering Infront

then  Barnes, gray  behind kelechi ?.

Albrighton has played full back before and, from memory, was terrible